Why Ian Kennedy has become a quality starter

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giants come out attacking Ian Kennedy early in the count because he likes to start off hitters in on the plate with a fastball. They hit him hard. He's already made a 2nd inning adjustment going off the plate and he's starting to get groundouts. And his pitch count is a nice low number.

He still doesn't have ace stuff, but he's a smart guy who doesn't wait to adjust to a lineup's attack.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
14 & 3. Anouther outing where he pitched 8 innings. No, he's not Verlander... but, Ian is unquestionably an "ace"!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
can you replace Sutton in the booth?
I do! Turn off the TV sound and listen to the game on KTAR with either The Guv'nor or Jeff Munn with Tom Candiotti.

The TV feed is five seconds slower than radio, because when they point a TV camera at someone, it picks up speaking voices.

It takes awhile to get accustomed to, but each play is like instant replay. I've been doing it for months Sunday-Thursday's when Sutton and Grace pair up. On Friday-Saturdays, when Grace is usually gone, Sutton is not quite so juvenile. 'Still self-centered, though.

Edit: And just as I post about the TV delay, tonight (for some reason) the radio feed is lagging slightly behind the TV fee.

I guess they think either The Guv'nor or Candy will curse. :)

Last edited:

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
14 & 3. Anouther outing where he pitched 8 innings. No, he's not Verlander... but, Ian is unquestionably an "ace"!!

Now he is 14 & 3, tied for NL lead. Hope Hudson can come out with another solid game. Now if we could only move Collmenter to the bullpen.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I believe Collmenter out of the pen would be a good thing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort