Why do Cards fans care about ASU?

Sine

Reaction score
I am having a hard time understanding why Cards fans even care about the ASU debate. Particul;arly with the jnk

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sine
I am having a hard time understanding why Cards fans even care about the ASU debate. Particul;arly with the jnk

Because the smear campaign ASU is running is without merit and, well, we KNOW the Cardinals are right in this situation.....whether the ASU students are too blind to see it or not.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Nobody wants anyone to get screwed. I think that's a fair assessment on both sides. Many Cards fans are also ASU fans.

The problems stem from painting Bidwill as the only responsible party.

TrentAZCards

Veteran
Reaction score
Well sine, I am a Cardinal fan, yet I bleed Arizona State Football (as well as all their other sports).

As I have stated before, I have no opinion on this, because both teams are my team. No matter who is right and wrong, I'll support the Sun Devils and Cardinals till the end. I have always supported ASU, even before I got into the Cardinals. Thats why I care about ASU. Maroon and Gold for life!

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sine
<p>Sine---since you asked that question of the Card fans----why are the ASU fans so upset about it? And don't tell me ASU is going to have to shut down their AD. That's just plain silly. If the Cards get a large settlement, it will have to be paid out over a period of time, because it's obvious ASU AD doesn't have any money. They should have saved some of the money they got from selling the advertisement, but they didn't. I guess they weren't smart enough to realize that the Cards would eventually want their share. Besides, an old alumni will bail ASU out again as they always do and give them more money to spend foolishly. <p> Another thing that can save them is their football team. If they do as well as I think they can in the next couple of years, the fans will come back and the Athletic Dept. will once again be in the black. Their basketball team seems to be improving also and should be able to up their fan base. The thing I don't understand is with the great baseball teams they always seem to have, why isn't there more fan support. They have one of the most exciting teams in college baseball, but their support is marginal at best. Too bad. I hope for ASU's sake, it works out with these sports contributing dollars into the coffers. I know I'll be rooting for them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson