SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'd have to say that it shakes out like this:

1: Rams
2: Cardinals
3: Niners
4: Seahawks

If Faulk doesn't stay healthy, I think we're the favorites. I'm totally serious.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That lady in the white lab coat outside your office? You see the plastic cup? She would like a urine sample.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Lol, we'll be the first team to win a division with a losing record.... Yo section 11, stop hitting the peace pipe before posting.....these delusions of grandeur will soon fade:wave:

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals
Niners
Rams
Seahawks

:)

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lambs
49er's
Cards
Seahags

But check back after the weekend....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I'd have to say that it shakes out like this:

1: Rams
2: Cardinals
3: Niners
4: Seahawks

If Faulk doesn't stay healthy, I think we're the favorites. I'm totally serious.

You're totally high. No questions about it. If the season started today, it would be like this:

1. Rams. They're the Rams. Until they no longer have Holt, Faulk, and Bruce, they'll be the Rams. I don't really care who they have on D.

2. Seahawks. Matt Hasselback makes his coach proud. They'll be a wild card in 2003.

3. Neeners. This team just seems like a mess to me. I know they went to the divisional championship and everything, but is anyone scared of this team? I nominate them for the 2002 Chicago Bears Memorial Stellar to Cellar Award.

4. Cards. This team could statistically improve in all categories, offense and defense, by 25% in 2003 and will still be drafting in the Top 15 in 2004. This is a tough divsion, and will be for another 2 years.

Section 11, if you think the Cards are going to be this competitive in 2003, why are you saying we should draft Leftwich and give up on 2003?

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Re: Re: Who's the favorite in the NFC West?

Originally posted by kerouac9
1. Rams. They're the Rams. Until they no longer have Holt, Faulk, and Bruce, they'll be the Rams. I don't really care who they have on D.

Interesting....

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

You're totally high. No questions about it.

Section 11, if you think the Cards are going to be this competitive in 2003, why are you saying we should draft Leftwich and give up on 2003?

I think our division is going to blow next year. Outside of the Rams, it's wide open.
The Niners overachieved LAST year and still ended up a paltry 9-7.
Matt Hasselbeck will not make anyone proud except for his mother.
The Cards running game will be better in 03 than any passing or rushing unit not in St. Louis, and I expect our D to be better. Not great, just better.

There's nothing "this competitive" about racing for second in a bad division. I still think we should draft Leftwich because we're not going anywhere in 2003.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score

You're totally high. No questions about it.

I've figured out why you don't know anything about college football. It's because all you play is Madden's NFL.

Expand your horizons. Try this out:

FrontRow

Binge Drinker
Reaction score
49ers will run away again this year. Cards may end up with the #1 pick next year, as much as that hurts to say.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sec, you're totally out of control here.

First, notice I didn't say anything about a QB in my reasoning for why the STL is going to be lethal for a while (though I think Torry's in a contract year). I could throw for 5K yards a season in that offense, and I'm way more mobile than Warner. I'm like a white Daunte Culpepper.

I don't think you can say that the NFC West isn't going to be one of the best divisions in football last season. Yes, the Neeners are whack, but they'll find a way to go 9-7 again. The Rams are good, and, in case you didn't notice, the Seahawks were throwing for almost 300 yds per game, are returning all of their impact players, will have a better D-Coordinator, and won their last three games against very good competition. They're like the Cards were supposed to be coming into 2002, only I don't think their coach will let them down. They're going to progress. I'm telling you, the NFC West will have two playoff teams.

Finally, I hate playing college video games. None of the players have names, you have to burn through those early-season "tune up" games against awful compeition, and the playbooks are all wierd. No thanks. Can't I just watch SportsCenter on Saturday night or something?

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
1. Cards
2. Rams
3. Hawks
4. 49ers

but only if NFC stands for No F__king Chance

i will always love this team

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by denverbirdfan
1. Cards
2. Rams
3. Hawks
4. 49ers

but only if NFC stands for No F__king Chance

i will always love this team

That's hilarious!

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Sec, you're totally out of control here.

I could throw for 5K yards a season in that offense, and I'm way more mobile than Warner. I'm like a white Daunte Culpepper.

the Neeners are whack, but they'll find a way to go 9-7 again. The Rams are

No. Not anyone can run St. Louis' offense. I don't buy that at all. Bulger did it because he reads the field, has nice touch and quality arm stregnth.

The Niners lost half their d-line, all of their cornerback depth and made a complete mess of their front office.

The only thing positive in Seattle is Walter Jones and the fact that Holmgren doesn't have as much power now.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Not anyone can run St. Louis' offense. I don't buy that at all. Bulger did it because he reads the field, has nice touch and quality arm stregnth.

The Niners lost half their d-line, all of their cornerback depth and made a complete mess of their front office.

The only thing positive in Seattle is Walter Jones and the fact that Holmgren doesn't have as much power now.

Yeah - and if anyone could run St. Louis' offense - why the hell did they suck so bad with Jaime Martin - or Warner at the beginning of the season?

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I'm telling you, the NFC West will have two playoff teams

good luck with that.

division winners:

giants
packers?
bucs
rams

wildcard:

philly
falcons
saints?
niners?
seahawks?
lions? (S11 longshot)
panthers?
skins?
cardinals?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
Yeah - and if anyone could run St. Louis' offense - why the hell did they suck so bad with Jaime Martin - or Warner at the beginning of the season?

Because Martz decided that everyone was wrong after the Super Bowl when they said that they didn't give Faulk the ball enough. He decided that all he was going to do was throw the ball 35 yds on every down. So they sucked it up at the beginning of the season. Combine that with the fact no one besides FOX Sports talking heads was afraid of Kurt Warner, and you had a recipe for disaster.

Jamie Martin did all right in his last couple games of the season (22/35/245/3/2 in Week 17). Don't discount the fact that the O-Line was awful, and they weren't playing for anything.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cards
Seahawks
Niners
Rams

The Seahawks have improved the most this off-season and will play nip and tuck with the Cards for the division title, but Cards come out ahead with a 10 - 6 record compared to 9 - 7 record for Seattle.
Niners slip badly with new coach and lack of team spirit.
Rams start out like last year and then fall off the face of the earth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 40yearfan
Cards
Seahawks
Niners
Rams

The Seahawks have improved the most this off-season and will play nip and tuck with the Cards for the division title, but Cards come out ahead with a 10 - 6 record compared to 9 - 7 record for Seattle.
Niners slip badly with new coach and lack of team spirit.
Rams start out like last year and then fall off the face of the earth.

Is this what you want to happen, or what you think will happen? Just curious?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It's way too early to do this, but this is my predition for NFL 2003:

AFC:

N: Steelers
E: Bills
W: Raiders (and finally the window of opportunity closes...)
S: Colts

WC1: Dolphins
WC2: Ravens

NFC:

N: Vikings
E: Eagles
W: Rams
S: Falcons

WC1: Seahawks
WC2: Saints

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
No way the Cards lead the Western Conference we have too many holes to fill. I don't see us finishing much higher than last year as it's not like we're one or two players away from having a solid team. We may be a better team than last year but not by much. Hopefully, our team chemistry, and team leadership will be better, that in itself will be a big plus for us; certainly a move in the right direction.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
you are an idiot

N: Vikings
E: Eagles
W: Rams
S: Falcons

WC1: Seahawks
WC2: Saints

kerouac, you're smoking crack. no question about it. as a matter of fact, indications are that you're huffing spray paint. probably a primary color, but maybe orange or purple.

do you really think the giants end up worse off than the eagles, seahawks AND saints?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: you are an idiot

kerouac, you're smoking crack. no question about it. as a matter of fact, indications are that you're huffing spray paint. probably a primary color, but maybe orange or purple.

do you really think the giants end up worse off than the eagles, seahawks AND saints?

Yes! The Giants somehow got to a wild card with smoke and mirrors. I'm not sold on Kerry Collins, if Tiki gets hurt they have no offense, they lost half their O-line, and they need a massive infusion of youth on their front 7. I think that the Saints are going to be able to survive their December coma this season, and the Hawks are going to be good.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn