Who is your one surprise player for the season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Someone with no expectations who you think will make an impact.

Mine is Rashad Lawrence. I can see him overtaking Zach Allen and getting a decent amount of snaps. Really impressive, mature guy.

I think an NFL training regime and coaching will bring the best out of him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes outside of Simmons I see Lawrence and Benjamin Eno contributing from day one
The only issue with Benjamin is his rackless style of playing

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
For a guy that’s never gone over 1k in a season I’d say that would be a big surprise.
Nah, we would not be surprised in the least. We simply are not sure either way with the guy and will be able to accept with a 'yeah, ok' whether he does not with what we saw in Miami or does with the glimpse of what seems possible from the half of a season with the Cards. People can comment all they want that he was not the starting back at Alabama as a criteria of rating him but that is freaking Alabama and if he played outside of the SEC, I think we can pretty much agree he would have been a great starting back by college standards... let's see, but the outcome from what we have to base our decision is not shocking

Reaction score
Alford
Baker
Gilbert
Campbell
Murphy
Alford, Campbell, Murphy - Ok, possible.
Gilbert's opt=out could be called a surprise, but I say predictable; he's milking it!
Biggest question on your list: Baker; in what way can he surprise? If he plays well, maybe has a better year than last, that's not a surprise it's expected.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Alford, Campbell, Murphy - Ok, possible.
Gilbert's opt=out could be called a surprise, but I say predictable; he's milking it!
Biggest question on your list: Baker; in what way can he surprise? If he plays well, maybe has a better year than last, that's not a surprise it's expected.
I think with Peterson, Alford and a 2nd year Murphy out there, there should be way more opportunities for Baker to make impact plays. I expect a big statistical year from him.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Isabella will surprise me. If he makes the final roster. :p

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andy Isabella establishes himself as the #3 and is one of 3 WRs with 1000+ yards. We'll lead the team in TD receptions too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort