Who is Kyler Murray?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drafting is just so much more different in the NBA. They’re basically teenagers getting projected on physical gifts. If Ayton was the best player on a team (as Kyler is) that team would be in the cellar.

Without a doubt.

As is, I’m not sure either ends up being a superstar 1 pick and I was salivating that we might have both when we drafted that year.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ah... so he’s actually some kind of genius who craps on watching tape. Got it.
Cmon man. His just saying he doesn't get his ideas for plays from watching game after game like K2. He is saying he rather visualize plays in his head. How would he know about Rams coverage if he didn't watch tape of opponent? That should be his main focus and not wasting time watching other games cooking up plays for offense like a coach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If that’s the going rate for a QB you pay it. Even if he’s not watching film guys that talented at that position don’t grow on trees they are very far and few between
oh. That sounds good. Players definitely can’t get better by studying and really realize that after they become super-rich.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Reading the paragraph before these quotes in article paints statement in a whole different light. McCoy was recalling an practice instance where K1 thought if Rams presented a certain coverage he could throw over middle to Maxx in a play which had Edmonds as primary option out of backfield. He was so confident as soon he got the coverage that he didn't look @ Edmonds & threw to Maxx for TD. His response "I don't watch tape for 24hrs straight" etc is saying that idea didn't come from him watching tape like a madman but visualizing in his mind smdh. Posting just certain quotes from paywalled article making mountain out of mole hill now
Just because he’s capable of anticipating an opportunity (which is a great thing) doesn’t negate the rest of his comment. It also means he has no real idea what he’s missing as other opportunities.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Cmon man. His just saying he doesn't get his ideas for plays from watching game after game like K2. He is saying he rather visualize plays in his head. How would he know about Rams coverage if he didn't watch tape of opponent? That should be his main focus and not wasting time watching other games cooking up plays for offense like a coach
Judging from his second interception - he doesn’t know about some of the Rams coverage. So . . . maybe a little more tape?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Coulda had luka doncic
There was a time I worried about that. I don’t anymore. Ayton is a much better fit than luka and he’s improving (and big men traditionally take longer to develop). Luka is starting to develop a bad rep, doesn’t come to camp in shape and may not ever become transcendent.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t aware that the Lions game was gonna be so physical. Maybe could’ve watched some tape on them.

Oh boy... Kyler might have done himself a big disservice on this board with that quote if he keeps coming up short in the second half of seasons.

Not that he cares of course... but his biggest defenders definitely will... and probably take it personal for some weird reason.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Never said that
Okay. If Kyler isn’t motivated to study film now — when it could make the difference between a home playoff game and sitting at home in January— is there something that will happen when he’s guaranteed $120 million that will motivate him to study?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okay. If Kyler isn’t motivated to study film now — when it could make the difference between a home playoff game and sitting at home in January— is there something that will happen when he’s guaranteed $120 million that will motivate him to study?

If it’s not his personality then it’s not. No amount of angry post on a message board is going to change that.

And not every athlete gets paid and stops trying to get better.

You need to understand that’s the going rate for a starting NFL quarterback. That’s the market. Like I said if not him then who? What’s your plan?

Do I think he’s talented enough to get a ring with a team around him? Yes. Like I said Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco got as many rings as Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson

What is really keeping me up is watching this entire team fall apart and no real leaders stepping up.

Hell Eli has more than all of them and he didn’t put in half the work his brother did.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If you want a better idea of who he is I recommend the piece in today’s New York Times. Here’s a sample, “I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray said. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”
I think this is real but is this really real?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If it’s not his personality then it’s not. No amount of angry post on a message board is going to change that.

And not every athlete gets paid and stops trying to get better.

You need to understand that’s the going rate for a starting NFL quarterback. That’s the market. Like I said if not him then who? What’s your plan?

Do I think he’s talented enough to get a ring with a team around him? Yes. Like I said Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco got as many rings as Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees and Russell Wilson

What is really keeping me up is watching this entire team fall apart and no real leaders stepping up.

Hell Eli has more than all of them and he didn’t put in half the work his brother did.

Link?

It’s pretty stunning that you’re not worried about Kyler in the film room while also desperately worried about no leaders stepping up in the stretch run. Could those two things be related?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get your point. But sometimes it just takes failure and maturation for some athletes.

Sticking with the suns, I point at Javale mcgee. That did is supremely talented. But he’s been a journeyman because he was such a goofball. Essentially wasted his talent for the majority of his career. I think bc he’s bounced around so much he’s never really had the ultimate success he could’ve, but with maturation he’s become a key player for playoff teams, contender and a gold medal Olympic team.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Link?

It’s pretty stunning that you’re not worried about Kyler in the film room while also desperately worried about no leaders stepping up in the stretch run. Could those two things be related?
What he said.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on K1. You can do this. A good game on Sat and these guys won't be talking so much.

Actually, we will. We’ll be talking about how well he played. Just like we did when he played great to open the season.

As much as you WANT to believe people don’t want Kyler to succeed, you’re wrong.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson