Who do you turn to for Suns reporting?

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the offseason and everybody's bored waiting for free agency to get started and with the recent debates about Gambo, and to a lesser degree Bickley and Espo, I thought I'd ask about who people trust when it came to Suns reporting. In addition to Suns coverage, who do you like and trust that covers the NBA as a whole but does so nationally? I would say this board is probably made up of about 60% local fans and 40% outside of the Phoenix media market. With so many people outside of the local scene, I'm curious who the non-local people turn to for Suns reporting.

I was going to make a poll but I'm sure I would have left a number of people off. The poll options here also don't allow it to be left open so other people can add their own choices. Some might prefer a certain site specifically rather than a few reporters, which is something that could be overlooked in a poll that lists just reporters or analysts. So it'll be easier to have an open thread that allows people to name who they turn to and expand on it their reasoning.

Some like Gambo, Bordow, and Bickley but there are also others that I'm forgetting. There are fringe "reporters" like Espo and also some fan sites like Bright Side Of The Suns, more reputable coverage like AZ Central, and local sports radio like KTAR/98.7, NBC 1060, or some other dot com's or social media sources. So who do you prefer to turn to for Suns reporting?

How about national news, rumors, or just general NBA reporting, what sources do you prefer? Please, elaborate on why you like somebody.

Is there anybody you just don't like listening to, reading, or seeing either locally or nationally? Feel free to expand on that as far as why you feel that way.

If you have anything else to say about anyone who covers the NBA or the Suns, specifically, then post about it here. Hopefully it can be contained some in this thread instead of how it's expanded and derailed some other discussions here lately.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I prefer Bordow, locally. I know he's late with reporting but he does suggest thoughts of his own on Twitter occasionally. He typically makes sure it is only presented as something he thinks and not a definitive item. I'd prefer to read something that is accurate instead of some speculation by guys like Bickley or Gambo, whose track records are questionable. Gambo is more of an insider than Bickley. I don't think Bickley tries to say he has any sources but if he did that would be disappointing because he's often quite wrong when it comes to Suns talk or NBA coverage. I don't think he's much of a basketball fan. He seems more entertained than actually caring.

Nationally I think most of the big names are good like Woj, Marc Stein, ESPN Insider, etc. I can't stand Stephen A Smith but he's right more often than a blowhard like Skip Bayless, who has to the be one of the worst "media" figures in all of TV. I don't know how he's still employed. I thought being busted for using burner accounts a while back might have been the end for him but he was just the first in a long line of people who have been caught.

There are some others who have come up recently like Max Kellerman who I'm not a fan of but he's been away from basketball for such a long time that I think that explains some of his awful reporting. Maybe it improves the longer he's around but he was bad at the draft. I wish TNT tried doing more reporting because their basketball coverage is the most entertaining, IMO, but it's mainly just entertainment. They have a lot of talent on their teams though like KG, Reggie Miller, Barkley, Kenny Smith, and I think they have Grant Hill and Webber also but I could be wrong on those 2. They used to have Magic working for them.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I only come to this site and follow some links you guys post...thanx for doing it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Craig Grialou is a good follow.

I cleaned out my twitter but there is another one (reporter) out there but I can't remember his name. He pretty good but I can't remember his name. argh!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lindsey Smith and I don't even have to listen to what she's saying.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When bored, it's always fun to google "nba news and rumors."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson