Who do you blame Most for Loss to Bucs

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Even though the loss doesn´t bother me, its our D coordinator. He never did adjust to Bucs and Brady running the same swing pass to his RB play after play. It seems Brady ran the play 10 out of 15 times in the 4th quarter. And every time, we saw our LBs racing across the field trying to catch up to the play, instead of being up in the RB´s face as soon as he caught the ball. How could a coach just watch the same play over and over and not change things to stop it? Heck, we had a 10 point lead.

Who do you blame the most?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A loss is usually not based on one thing. We have an innate ability to combine 4-5 reasons.
I thought the defense played well last night. Then for some strange reason our corners started playing off the wr’s. Why?
We enjoy the biggest offensive pass play of the year and then call a dive into the middle of the line.
We call a Wr screen to Brown WITH NO BLOCKERS asking Hollywood to make 3 guys miss. Huh?
I knew when we won the toss in overtime we were going to lose. It was going to give the Bucs a chance to win the game with a fg.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Even though the loss doesn´t bother me, its our D coordinator. He never did adjust to Bucs and Brady running the same swing pass to his RB play after play. It seems Brady ran the play 10 out of 15 times in the 4th quarter. And every time, we saw our LBs racing across the field trying to catch up to the play, instead of being up in the RB´s face as soon as he caught the ball. How could a coach just watch the same play over and over and not change things to stop it? Heck, we had a 10 point lead.

Who do you blame the most?
Naw he did adjust. And collins worth even pointed it out. We had everyone in front with safeties high. That said I was impressed with dropping gardeck into midfield coverage :sarcasm:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me it was our D after we scored a TD to go up 10. First play they torched us with a short pass to Fornette. Missed tackles and a long run after catch had Bucs in business. They scored a TD and the drive looked so easy I knew we were done even though we were up 3. How many times (not just this year) does our D allow a score after we score a TD. It is so demoralizing.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last night was our 6th loss this season where we’ve had the lead in the 2nd half. Our defense gave up a 10 point lead almost instantly after we got it. Held them to 6 points for 3 1/2 quarters and gave up 13 points over the next 17 minutes of game play.

Reactions: PJ1

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
To me it was our D after we scored a TD to go up 10. First play they torched us with a short pass to Fornette. Missed tackles and a long run after catch had Bucs in business. They scored a TD and the drive looked so easy I knew we were done even though we were up 3. How many times (not just this year) does our D allow a score after we score a TD. It is so demoralizing.
Yeah I was telling my Son after the Cards took a ten point lead watch them go soft on D like everytime they have a 7 point cushion or more lead. Sure enough! The D played great up until that time.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night was our 6th loss this season where we’ve had the lead in the 2nd half. Our defense gave up a 10 point lead almost instantly after we got it. Held them to 6 points for 3 1/2 quarters and gave up 13 points over the next 17 minutes of game play.
Giving up 16 points in a 60 minute game should lead to a win.
The offense has been the demise of this team for whatever the reasons you want to come up with.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Giving up 16 points in a 60 minute game should lead to a win.
The offense has been the demise of this team for whatever the reasons you want to come up with.
I agree. For most of the season it’s been both the offense and the defense to combine for our losses. Last night our defense took their foot off the gas after we scored our TD. Brady was soooo bad last night, yet we let him go down the field with zero pressure to make it a 3 point game and let him find some sort of rhythm. I don’t know how many times this season we’ve let the opposing team score after we do, but my guess it’s a lot. On top of that our defense gave up an opening drive that resulted in points last night again. That’s the 11th time this season the opening drive by the opposition resulted in points.

Reactions: PJ1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose