Who do we draft now at #8?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Now that the WR room is full & stocked, Keim must add playmakers to the defensive front seven or the Oline.

With that said, our defense the last 2 seasons has been very poor & the worst in the NFL last season.

My list in order of preference:
1) Isiah Simmons, ILB. This dude has HOF skills for a LB, he can do it all. He MIGHT slide to us, if 3 QBs go in the top 7

2) Tristan Wirfs, RT. I luv this kid as well & think he’s got HOF talent. Very good pass protector & nasty in the run game. If you need an NFL Olineman, the Big 10 is the way to go!

3) K’Lavon Chaisson, edge. Probably quicker off the snap than Chase Young, though not as productive in the sack game. Long arms, fast & uses hands well.

who you got as your top 3 that might be available?

Last edited:

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Wilis, IMO has stud written all over him. He is the safe pick, Has multiple pro bowler written over him. Has way better technique and IQ then anybody else on the board and is actually a stud physically as well. Overall a much better package then the rest.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wilis, IMO has stud written all over him. He is the safe pick, Has multiple pro bowler written over him. Has way better technique and IQ then anybody else on the board and is actually a stud physically as well. Overall a much better package then the rest.

I’ve heard that about so many “blue chip” OTs over the last decade

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Who is Willis? Is this an autocorrect thing lol? You mean Wills from Alabama?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Simmons or Brown are still on the board you take them, even whichever OT they covet. If not, trade down a few spots & get the 2nd round pick back & maybe more. Then draft another good player. Why not go all out & draft one of the big 3 WR's at that point? Make our offense the most deadly to cover in the NFL.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
As much as I'd love to get a defensive stud, the priority has to be OL now. Nuk won't do much for us KM has no time to throw. With the big investment we will make once Nuk gets paid, a great offensive mind as HC and one of the best OL coaches, our goal has to be fielding a complete, dominate offense.

Build around KM! Draft whoever you think is the best out of the top 4 OT prospects! Preferably Wirfs or Wills, who are proven at RT and freak athletes with advanced technique for their age. Simmons would probably be too tempting to pass on at 8. Okudah probably as well. As much as I like Brown and Kinnlaw, OL trumps DL in our case even if our DL is in worse state than our OL. We are clearly offense-first and rightfully so!

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
With the Diggs trade the Vikings now have 2 late first round picks (#22 and #25).

If we are willing to move that far back the value is pretty equal and now we traded our second rounder (and had a lack of picks anyway) I wouldn't hate this move.

If the mocks are to be trusted we could get 2 of these guys:

- OT Austin Jackson
- EDGE A.J. Epenesa
- LB Kenneth Murray
- DL Ross Blacklock
- CB Trevon Diggs
ect.

Thoughts?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the Diggs trade the Vikings now have 2 late first round picks (#22 and #25).

If we are willing to move that far back the value is pretty equal and now we traded our second rounder (and had a lack of picks anyway) I wouldn't hate this move.

If the mocks are to be trusted we could get 2 of these guys:

- OT Austin Jackson
- EDGE A.J. Epenesa
- LB Kenneth Murray
- DL Ross Blacklock
- CB Trevon Diggs
ect.

Thoughts?

I don't like Jackson at all and round 1 is too high for him.

But the idea isn't bad. If we could get Niang at RT and Queen, Murray or Epenesa at the other spot that would be some haul.

Wirfs or Wills look great but the drop off to Niang is much less than people think. Niang is a super talented right tackle. Niang + other would be better value than just Wirfs or Wills.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Like Krang last year, I have come around over time to appreciate what Jedrick Wills has to offer. So much so that I like him quite a bit as long as we keep him at RT for his career.

At RT, he is my #1 with Wirfs a distant 2.

Young
Okudah
Simmons
Wills
Wirfs
Thomas
Jeudy <-- With DHop in the fold, he offers different things that compliment better than Lamb.
Lamb

If the WR's are out (why should they be when we go 4 and 5 wide so often?), I would add Kinlaw to that group.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am drooling over a Wills - Muti/Biadscz first and 2nd round.

Especially if we can land a DJ Reader in free agency.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all those still wondering about WR at #8. (Yes I have seen some here and on Twitter still pushing for WR).

We are not drafting a WR at 8. How would they get targets? Or even snaps?

You take a WR at #8 you want them in the team right away getting 60-100 targets. That's never going to happen.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like Krang last year, I have come around over time to appreciate what Jedrick Wills has to offer. So much so that I like him quite a bit as long as we keep him at RT for his career.

At RT, he is my #1 with Wirfs a distant 2.

Young
Okudah
Simmons
Wills
Wirfs
Thomas
Jeudy <-- With DHop in the fold, he offers different things that compliment better than Lamb.
Lamb

If the WR's are out (why should they be when we go 4 and 5 wide so often?), I would add Kinlaw to that group.

I like Wills over Wirfs also!!! If Okudah drops for whatever reasons, you cannot pass on him.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This tough because a good OL is a necessity in this league but when I go back and see the game day threads and how many times the word "garbage" was used to describe our D I'm torn. If we can get a few solid Def FA signings then I'd feel better about an OL or even WR (that would be a scary WR core)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For all those still wondering about WR at #8. (Yes I have seen some here and on Twitter still pushing for WR).

We are not drafting a WR at 8. How would they get targets? Or even snaps?

You take a WR at #8 you want them in the team right away getting 60-100 targets. That's never going to happen.

I totally agree with you. Taking a wr at #8 is a wasted pick especially with so many other needs and good players there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave