Who’s your pick for HC in 2019?

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm speculating Wilks & Co. will not be here next season. With that said, who is your top choice to lead the team next year?

Former AZ coaches like Todd Bowles or James Bettcher?

Current coaches who may be on the hot seat like Marvin Lewis or Dirk Koetter depending on how this season plays out?

OC’s like Josh McDaniels or John DeFilippo?

Maybe a college coach like Chris Petersen?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mike Munchak as HC, Haley as OC and grab best positional coach under Jets or Steelers for DC

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Haley is too wild for a franchise that can go up in flames again. It needs to be someone as boring as Munchak or Caldwell.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I really wanted to give Wilks the benefit of the doubt for one more year... but he is rapidly losing this town. Not sure the fans can tolerate another year of this system.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why the Todd Haley love? I honestly just don't get it.

Cleveland offense has been horrible. Haley has just pretty much been demoted Hue Jackson is going to take over the play calling

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
I liked DeFilippo over Wilks this off-season, wonder what that dynamic would look like calling him up to admit we made a mistake...baby come back to me!

I want an offensive coach with his own system. No defensive coaches please.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't know if you have access to all the guys you passed over last year. If they're still on a short list, they don't want to go to a place where you were the second choice.

It's weird that we overlooked Frank Reich. He was a coach here forever, a guy seriously on the come, and we couldn't even give him an interview?

Look for under-the-radar guys. We're not eating the last three years(?) plus (perhaps) a buyout for Lincoln Riley.

Someone like Jerry Rosburg, Special Teams coach for the Baltimore Ravens
Maybe John Benton, Offensive Line coach for San Francisco
I'm not sure why his name never comes up, but why not Pete Carmichael, the Saints OC?

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s gonna be Norv Turner.

And actually not a bad choice to groom Rosen.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Shaw.

He and DiFilippo would definitely be on my short list.

I still think Jim Harbaugh would be a homerun hire, would love to get to play against Pete Carroll and SF twice each a year. But I doubt he has any interest in leaving Michigan right now.

I read a thing this morning where they polled 5 NFL execs before this season and 2 of them said Shaw and 2 of them said Chris Peterson. The other vote went to Iowa's coach who I know nothing about. Edit make that Iowa State's coach Matt Campbell.

Shaw is a Harbaugh disciple, but I think a lot less abrasive. In college Harbaugh is great because the players are only there 3-5 years tops, in the NFL his personality can grate on players. Shaw is not easy to play for he's demanding, but the players seem to like him. It would be intriguing given the rumor that he passed on Rosen in recruiting because Josh was arrogant and wanted to start. The claim is Stanford was opposed to Josh graduating early so he could start school early, it's not their preferred situation for a QB. Rosen wanted to do it and in fact did that it's how he won the job at UCLA as a freshman, he enrolled early and got a head start. I've seen interviews where Shaw actually says he likes Josh, but it would be interesting.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last year nobody wanted this job because it didn't look good but now you got that young QB and guys gonna be lining up

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard