Which guys are you looking forward to the most this season?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Hudson is great but you don't really watch Centers.

I guess I'm more intrigued than anything. Can Conner and Green return to form? Can Moore regain freshman form? Can Wilson or Gowan contribute?
Unfortunately I do. I have focused on it the past few seasons since I have been saying Center has been a weak point on our line for years.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I guess I'm more intrigued than anything. Can Conner and Green return to form? Can Moore regain freshman form? Can Wilson or Gowan contribute?

I’ve watched our center audition for RB for a long time. I’m sure I‘ll notice. Here’s to keeping one less player in the backfield:thewave:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
J.J. Watt on defense. Rondale Moore on offense.

Hoping David Prater returns to form, but hopefully not watching him unless its a game-winning kick.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Didn't read the other responses, so this may not be original but definitely Kyler. The team goes how he goes. He may be super special, yet people are complaining that his floor is just really good. LOL. This year tells us alot about Murray and hence, our team.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We have so many new players, I'm just interested in seeing how the team looks. But since I believe the offense is more of a known quantity, I guess I'd go with JJ Watt, Allen and the DL, the two ILB's and the overall CB situation. But, playing the Devil's Advocate, if the defense looks good then our offense must look bad. And visa-versa.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Most looking forward to the development of some of our young defenders:

Obviously, Simmons and Collins, but I’m also hoping to see jumps from Fotu, Allen, Lawrence, J. Thompson, and Murphy. Those guys improvement will be key to out success.

Also fascinated to watch A.J. Green because I think the range of performance is so wide. I could see him being incredibly productive or prove the narrative that he’s washed and can’t separate.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m interested to watch posters reactions to watching Allen, fotu and Lawrence. Those are JAGs. Maybe they’ll offer some run support but I see little else to expect from them.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Who doesn’t watch centers? Anyone really into football watches the oline religiously ...

I agree Hudson is one to watch... he and Moore on offense are the guys I want to see make big contributions... especially when we play the Rams...

on defense it has to be the dynamic duo of Simmons and Collins.... IMO these two are key to our defensive success.... we can’t turn our pass rushers loose if they have to play contain .... but if these two youngsters can shut down the run and destroy anything that gets out of the backfield we can turn our front into a full attack monster

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
For me it’s the two ILBs. Partially bc I played it and have always loved the position. But moreso bc we drafted them with our back-to-back first round picks. Our defense is essentially hinging on their success as full field disruptors. I hope they maximize their potential. Would be fun to watch.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
For me it’s the two ILBs. Partially bc I played it and have always loved the position. But moreso bc we drafted them with our back-to-back first round picks. Our defense is essentially hinging on their success as full field disruptors. I hope they maximize their potential. Would be fun to watch.
Yeah the expectations for those two has to be sky high. They should define our defense for the next ten years.
If one of them flops it really suxx.... if they both flop??

shmoopdoop

Reaction score
Rondale and Zaven
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA