Which 3 Teams Came away the Best in R1

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Who do you think made the best picks in R1? I really like the teams that had two picks. Think they all did it just right.

1. Texans - could a team do any better, franchise QB and top player in draft
2. Eagles - what a scary D, way too awesome, how do you score on them
3. Seahawks - top CB & top WR

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Texans gave up what effectively be a top 5 pick in next year’s draft which could have potentially been used on Caleb Williams or Drake Maye. I hand this draft‘s best grade to the Eagles. A plus

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eagles = meh…. So glad we didn’t take Carter. BUST CITY BABY
His GA teammates will probably help keep him motivated on the field, but something tells me they won't keep him out of trouble off the field. How long until he gets involved in Philly's street racing scene? If he went to Arizona he probably would have hated living in the middle of nowhere, get depressed and stop trying

The Eagles defense does scare me.

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
Who do you think made the best picks in R1? I really like the teams that had two picks. Think they all did it just right.

1. Texans - could a team do any better, franchise QB and top player in draft
2. Eagles - what a scary D, way too awesome, how do you score on them
3. Seahawks - top CB & top WR
Ask me in 2024 and it's Cardinals.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Eagles, Seahawks, Patriots.

We did okay. I really would have preferred to hold on to the dual 2nd rounders where we stand right now. It would have been a huge power move to get a great CB and C, or move back for more picks for someone who wanted Levis. Give me Van Ness/Gonzalez and then two picks at the top of the second, and I would have been okay.

I really don't get the move for Paris Johnson Jr. outside of doing things for Kyler... who ya'll know I don't love. If we're pandering to him, I hope he really shows he can come back, and commit to working hard to be who we need.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Houston and Az have the two lowest win projections this season...which means next april we could have both the first and second overall picks.

Trade kyler in january if that happens.
Or not, lets see how he does this season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Monti nearly pitched a perfect game today. That Houston pick is **** gold.
I think it'll be a mid round pick, maybe even a playoff team pick. They were competent QB play (and coaching) out of competing in that division.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Eagles, Seahawks, Patriots.

We did okay. I really would have preferred to hold on to the dual 2nd rounders where we stand right now. It would have been a huge power move to get a great CB and C, or move back for more picks for someone who wanted Levis. Give me Van Ness/Gonzalez and then two picks at the top of the second, and I would have been okay.

I really don't get the move for Paris Johnson Jr. outside of doing things for Kyler... who ya'll know I don't love. If we're pandering to him, I hope he really shows he can come back, and commit to working hard to be who we need.
Yeah... IOL was a much bigger need than OT... but Beachum is old, Hump is getting there, and Jones absolutely cant play on the right side...

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I definitely think Eagles and Patriots got best value.

I like Seattle’s picks as players, but they drafted two very good corners last year, so I question spending a top 5 pick there when DL was a much bigger need and premium guys were there.

I like what the Cards did, but there’s obvious homer glasses there and it’s definitely going to take some time. Houston was bold, but I think giving up next years one will look like a big mistake in a years time.

I’d probably say Bills as my other top 3 team. Jumped up to where they needed to be to add a real weapon in Kincaid to an already big time offense. He’s going to flash many times next year.

As for worst, Lions and Jets from a value perspective, but my guess is that this will end up the worst for the Colts. I think Richardson has major potential, but will be pushed in way too early and bomb.

Bears might have an exciting day tomorrow and set themselves up next year too, but to start at #1 and end up with Darnell Wright as your first pick must have some fans frustrated tonight.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah... IOL was a much bigger need than OT... but Beachum is old, Hump is getting there, and Jones absolutely cant play on the right side...
Yeah, Jones is useless, and both guys at OT need to be replaced in the upcoming year(s). You won't find me defending DJ or Beachum as long-term solutions. I didn't see PJJ as a clearly long term dominant OL player either. If we planted our flag at pick #12, I liked Van Ness. When we moved up to six, I'd have rather taken Jalen Carter, Christian Gonzalez, or (Tyree Wilson don't hold me to this).
…..You don’t get the move to draft a trench player? Especially one at a premium position? Good Lord.
I wanted a trench player the whole time. I don't want a trench player in the top ten for the sake of picking one. I'm sorry - Van Ness and two picks at the start of the second round would be way more appealing than what we have now. Would anyone be whining about getting a solid to elite DE and maybe a top IOL & CB with a 1st and 3rd next year on top?

Happy to eat my words if PJJ is an All-Pro tackle years down the line, but if he ends up being a B+ player in a C class, nah.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Monti nearly pitched a perfect game today. That Houston pick is **** gold.
Exactly! You dropped three spots and gained a future first and third, went up a spot in the second and gave up the 105th pick and still got arguably their guy!?? Solid play regardless of how you feel about the player.

IMO if you extend Hop and Budda and free up some space this year , you can add 4-5 solid defensive guys, draft the best center in the draft in round two and be pretty competitive in the NFC this year . Especially if Kyler is healthy.

Even better, I just realize they added Detroit’s third. Definitely a good first day for Monty.

Last edited: