Where's Elton Brown ?

PrescottLooie

Registered
Reaction score
Where is Elton Brown. I saw that he was inactive last week I think, but he's kinda disappeared otherwise.

Is he in the dog house ?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Elton Brown has been inactive the last 5 games.

Keydrick Vincent has taken his place in the active roster during that time.

Reaction score
It's a quandary. :?

E. Brown seems to perform ok; not great, but not bad; when he plays, but for some reason seldom gets on the field or even the active squad. This is the second year, under two different HC's and staffs so there must be a reason why.

Total assumption, but could it be that Brown has some sort of attitude problem? :shrug:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

E. Brown seems to perform ok; not great, but not bad; when he plays, but for some reason seldom gets on the field or even the active squad. This is the second year, under two different HC's and staffs so there must be a reason why.

Total assumption, but could it be that Brown has some sort of attitude problem? :shrug:

This might have something to do with it. From The Draft by Pete Williams:

Ruskell (Falcons scout, Tim) was not gung-ho about Elton Brown,.....Alex Gibbs (Falcons OC) preferred smaller, athletic linemen who could get off the line quickly and adjust on the fly with guys coming at them. "Brown does not move well laterally" Ruskell says. "He's not a bender, which is to say he has tight hips. He doesn't drop his hips and that keeps him from going side to side and changing direction well.

Sounds like Brown was a Denny type lineman and doesn't fit with what Grimm wants.

Or maybe the 13 he scored on the Wonderlic test did mean something after all.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

he pulls the chair right up to the buffet

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I doubt this one only because of the offseason weight loss. The guy had to be pretty motivated. Although he could have quit since he wasn't getting much PT.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban read your thread

EXTRA POINTS
Offensive lineman Elton Brown has been inactive for five straight games, but Whisenhunt said there was a simple answer for that. Brown has been working more at tackle and hasn’t gotten a lot of practice reps at guard, so on Sundays, the Cards want veteran Keydrick Vincent available to sub in at guard. If a starting tackle gets hurt, left guard Reggie Wells will slide over and Vincent will come in the game. …

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Urban read your thread

In other words they would rather do a double switch then just play Elton.They would rather put in a OG who hasnt been practicing OT all year at OT. Doesnt say a whole lot about Elton either way you slice it.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised by how well Elton played when he was inserted at RT ... however ..

I don't know if I would say he played much better than average compared to other tackles ...