Where is the "trade Amare" thread?

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
We already have/had "trade Diaw" and "trade Marion". After an off night, it would be fair to have a "trade Amare" thread. :bang:

(Forgive me I am stupid)

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Any player can be traded if the price were right. Some people on here act like only the bad players get traded and the good ones are kept at all costs....not the case. Some people need to keep open minds and stop getting defensive every time a trade idea is thrown around. Players dont last forever....

I'm starting to think maybe Marion should be dealt. I love his game and all but his contract is nearing completion and his age is starting to creep up (as well as his salary). I dont know if we want to chance losing him for nothing or watch him lose his hops and speed at some point because of age. Not saying I want to get rid of him now but I'd keep my eyes open for the right deal.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I knew what the heck "Gaslighting Abby" meant I'd probably have something dark and savvy to say here, but Becker/Fagan's vampiric wit continues to escape me in spite of my fascination with their rollicking NY white boy funk.

I'm just not that smart.

So short of a meaningful quip, I simply offer:

<insert something satirical and funny here>

I'll let Eric handle the rest. He's just way better at this stuff than I am.

OP
OP
M

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
Any player can be traded if the price were right. Some people on here act like only the bad players get traded and the good ones are kept at all costs....not the case. Some people need to keep open minds and stop getting defensive every time a trade idea is thrown around. Players dont last forever....

I'm starting to think maybe Marion should be dealt. I love his game and all but his contract is nearing completion and his age is starting to creep up (as well as his salary). I dont know if we want to chance losing him for nothing or watch him lose his hops and speed at some point because of age. Not saying I want to get rid of him now but I'd keep my eyes open for the right deal.

I agree with you. but please admit that most of the "trade ***" thread are not so constructive. They often sound like "*** plays like a 7 yo boy. I knew we shouldn't have signed him. Lets trade him for any big available who can grab rebounds."

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I agree with you. but please admit that most of the "trade ***" thread are not so constructive. They often sound like "*** plays like a 7 yo boy. I knew we shouldn't have signed him. Lets trade him for any big available who can grab rebounds."
Haha...kinda like the "Let's trade Banks and Diaw for Kevin Garnett" somebody suggested on one of these threads recently.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's just trade Marion, Amare and Diaw and build around an aging Nash with a bunch of unproven rookies.

:confused:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also just letting Marion play out his contract may help Phoenix stay under LT purgatory in a couple of years when it expires?? However, I think any Suns players are tradeable except Nash. I definitely want Nash to retire as a Sun. I think the Suns are going to have to move Banks and KT as a temporary remedy before they count toward the LT next season (but it's a juggling act). Certainly trading one high priced player to a team under the CAP for pick(s) would solve a lot of problems.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is not going to get traded. As much a commidity as big men in this league are, there is no way you get rid of a guy with Amare's talent. Especially for an unproven draft prospect. There is no way that will ever happen. I think Nash and Amare are untradeable IMO.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha...kinda like the "Let's trade Banks and Diaw for Kevin Garnett" somebody suggested on one of these threads recently.

Throw in two or three picks (including the Atlanta pick) and you might have a deal.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare is not going to get traded. As much a commidity as big men in this league are, there is no way you get rid of a guy with Amare's talent. Especially for an unproven draft prospect. There is no way that will ever happen. I think Nash and Amare are untradeable IMO.

Would you trade Amare for Garnett?

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
Let's just trade Marion, Amare and Diaw and build around an aging Nash with a bunch of unproven rookies.

:confused:

We need to rethink this. Nash missed both technical free throws last night and that's about it for him. I say we trade Marion, Amare, Diaw, Barbosa and Nash, recruit the entire Irish National team and build around Pat Burke = Instant Championship = Dynasty.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

No. KG is older and Amare is younder and still going to get better IMO (which is scary). I don't really think if you subtract Amare for KG that we instantly win a title either. There are things that I LOVE about both their games though.

We need to rethink this. Nash missed both technical free throws last night and that's about it for him. I say we trade Marion, Amare, Diaw, Barbosa and Nash, recruit the entire Irish National team and build around Pat Burke = Instant Championship = Dynasty.

:biglaugh: :thumbup: You my friend should be the next GM.

Last edited:

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree with others that Nash (and Amare) are the only ones pretty much untouchable right now.

BUT

It did cross my mind a Amare for Garnett deal might be feesible if we were to throw some dead weight contracts in with Amare and get a high draft pick back in return from Minny. Currently the Twolves pick is around #9 so that wouldnt be enough for me. I would think a top 5 pick would be necessary and even then it would have to be someone we REALLY wanted.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
no way would i trade amare for KG. Amare is so athletic and young that he is going to get oh so much better. Did you see him against dallas? they had absolutely no answer for him. Once we get his temper under control he'll be a real stud. as far as untradable, i think we are going to hold onto nash, amare, and Barbosa. I say barbosa because he is the closest thing we have to a backup for Nash, and gives us such a boost from the bench. if hes gone, we rely on banks to lead the offense (laugh laugh) or we swithc bell to backup pg and let diaw start at SG

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
no way would i trade amare for KG. Amare is so athletic and young that he is going to get oh so much better. Did you see him against dallas? they had absolutely no answer for him. Once we get his temper under control he'll be a real stud.

The last thing I want to see is Amare getting his "temper under control"...The refs will have to learn to deal with him, if he keeps playing great. Otherwise, they won't be refs for too long...

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
The last thing I want to see is Amare getting his "temper under control"...The refs will have to learn to deal with him, if he keeps playing great. Otherwise, they won't be refs for too long...

I'm really curious to know why you say that. IMO Amare doesn't get much leeway from the refs as it is. No matter how great he plays, they can deal with him the same way they deal with Rasheed or anyone else who throws a tantrum, no matter how much it might be justified. I don't think I've ever heard of refs being relieved of duty because they didn't give proper "respect" to players who play great -- even the prima donnas like Duncan, etc.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
You're 100% correct in what you say...you wouldn't hear about a ref being let go. When have you ever heard of a ref being let go? Never?

If refs called the game even when Jordan played, do you think that you would have heard about their termination?

I agree that Amare doesn't get much leeway, but I don't think that'll continue. This world is a business, the NBA is a business, therefore the NBA will have Amare's back soon.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Can you show that post? Frankly I dont believe someone would say Banks+Diaw for Garnett. There must be more to it than that.

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
You're 100% correct in what you say...you wouldn't hear about a ref being let go. When have you ever heard of a ref being let go? Never?

If refs called the game even when Jordan played, do you think that you would have heard about their termination?

I agree that Amare doesn't get much leeway, but I don't think that'll continue. This world is a business, the NBA is a business, therefore the NBA will have Amare's back soon.

I think this is where I heard it: "Otherwise, they won't be refs for too long..."

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
actually I posted that. lets be honest we saw what type of effect diaw can have if he plays up to his capabilities. I think getting banks and getting diaw for garnett is a good trade. Minnessota just has to change its offensive philosophy from one player to team offense.

when I proposed this trade- my thinking process was Randy Wittman is not going to last long. they are going to get a new coach. they havnt won with garnett why not rebuild.

lets not forget too that diaw and banks do not have a opt out clauses whereas garnett does.

what I see in this trade is minnesotta gets two young talented players that cant leave. If garnett leaves then they be ****ed might as well get some good players for him.

u know if Garnett was to be with the suns outside from the lottery pick the suns will trade the remaining picks that they have.

it seems absurd in hindsight because of the type of player that garnett is but lets not forget Shaq got traded for much worse.

I dnt know how long minnesota will be good again but its better get some playrs for garnett than lose him and get nothing.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You dont think Minny could get better for KG than Diaw and Banks??

Last edited:

ma_falaa_50

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You dont think Minny could get better for KG than Diaw and Banks??

well, are they better right now? if they trade KG off course they will get bad yrs but they had that last yr with him.

the thing is it may not look as if diaw and banks can help but its better than minnesotta getting nothing in return for KG.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort