• Total voters

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

70 wins....?

You must be registered for see images attach

More accurate headline:

"Ken Kendrick chases records for too cheap to hire new leadership, despite years of failure".

I know this team is cheap, 40+% of the payroll is in dead money, but Torrey has multiple seasons with the league's worst record.

His DH selections make you wonder if he understands he purpose of the position. He seemingly makes it a mission to make his bullpen as ineffective as possible, "hey, you can't get anyone out... lets stick you in as many high leverage spots as possible". Our batting order rarely makes any sense... automatic outs hitting 2nd, best hitter hitting 7th, the 6th position is seemingly reserved for the weakest hitter on the roster, we somehow stagger guys who should hit 7, 8, 9, throughout the order... and then plop a guy who shouldn't play at all somewhere in the 2,5,6 slots in the order... other teams, that is one of their best hitters... here it is typically a guy we might DFA in the near future.

Oof.

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo went at him a little yesterday. Asked him more than once if he is starting his best players. Torey's answer was "It depends on what you are looking for"

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here comes the 9 game losing streak
We swept the Cubbies with the Ballpark filled with those CHI town people. Have a little faith. We may not get in the playoffs, but he has us right there, right now! More than most of us expected, including me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We swept the Cubbies with the Ballpark filled with those CHI town people. Have a little faith. We may not get in the playoffs, but he has us right there, right now! More than most of us expected, including me.

I think most of us expected this. Our win predictions are pretty close.

The unexpected was the lead we built up and then pissed away when Torey decided to reward his old timers with undeserved playing time.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this thread should be locked. Torey is going to be the manager for a long time and he deserves it.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Im here to eat some crow.... i still hate the L/L and R/R thing though. I think Thomas deserved to start last night. Phams bat does not justify the defensive loss and speed Thomas provides

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson