What's walked more than Boris Diaw this season?

What's walked more than Boris Diaw this season?

• The collective marches of our Armed Forces

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Jason Voorhees

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Out of shape middle aged men doing the Boston Marathon

• Charity Walking Organizations

• Thumbless Hitchhikers

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Diaw trumped them all

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, has anyone walked more than Boris Diaw?

I would say that half of the travel calls that he get are not valid. Refs are looking at the right foot to see if it moves before the ball leaves his hands. Boris uses his left foot as a plant all of the time, and that throws the refs off.

Boris has walked a lot, but quite a few of them were not justified.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Marion walks ALLLLLLLL the time, but he is only called for it 1/10th of the time. He is the worst I have seen in terms of travelling....

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion walks ALLLLLLLL the time, but he is only called for it 1/10th of the time. He is the worst I have seen in terms of travelling....

Shawn is different than Boris though. He picks up both feet, (travel) and Boris leaves one of them on the planted. (not a travel)

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I would say that half of the travel calls that he get are not valid. Refs are looking at the right foot to see if it moves before the ball leaves his hands. Boris uses his left foot as a plant all of the time, and that throws the refs off.

Boris has walked a lot, but quite a few of them were not justified.

Hmmm, interesting. I've seen him called for a lot, but I've never actually paid enough attention to notice if the calls have been valid. You'd figure if the majority of them weren't valid, that the Diaw and the organization would be pushing hard to get the league to take notice and inform the refs of their mistakes.

I still like my poll options, though. Maybe I'll save them and use them for a different poll entitled "Has anything walked more than Patrick Ewing?" :D

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, interesting. I've seen him called for a lot, but I've never actually paid enough attention to notice if the calls have been valid. You'd figure if the majority of them weren't valid, that the Diaw and the organization would be pushing hard to get the league to take notice and inform the refs of their mistakes.

I have taken the time to go back and look at quite a few of his traveling calls. The calls against Marion are much more accurate.

The league has changed the way that it is calling traveling this year, and lobbying with the league will do them no good. They still allow players to take an extra step when they jumpstep. They also let them take about 4 steps when they receive a pass from another player.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You would think the coaching staff would be working with these guys on their first step since it is so important.

Obviously some guys naturally have a fast first step, but most guys can do better. One thing that helps is to make a fake before making the move (shot or pass). Another is to learn to go the opposite hand or make a crossover move. So many defenders overplay to the point where going left is almost completely unopposed.

One move that often involves traveling that is never called is the spin move. I'm not sure why this is not taught more, but guys like Manu get a lot of points off it in the paint.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Lebron James gets at least 10 uncalled travels per game, maybe because he looks like a 50 years old guy who can't run anymore.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if i were dantoni (which I am) I would tell marion (which I have) that if he walks one more time i'm going to bench him for the rest of the game.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
has anyone noticed that shane battier is afraid of dribbling? Probably because he sucks at it. I wish Raja Bell was afraid of dribbling...he also sucks at it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
has anyone noticed that shane battier is afraid of dribbling? Probably because he sucks at it. I wish Raja Bell was afraid of dribbling...he also sucks at it.

Raja does a good job when he drives to the lane, and rarely turns the ball over. :confused: You mean that he sucks at dribbling because he does not have a good crossover move?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
he sucks at dribbling because he goes into traffic and then cannot handle it well enough so he'll either take a dumb shot or fumble around with it and make a weak pass.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I'm not sure, maybe if he walked more he'd come into camp this year in shape.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I suspect that Nash is the only Sun that can dribble in traffic effectively. It's not something they try to do very much (Barbosa does through traffic so fast the defenders seem to get whiplash, but if slowed down he's no better than the rest).

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
Diaw is our poor man Lebron. But unlike Lebron, when he travels he hears the whistle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard