What would you like to see?

who_me?

Registered
Reaction score
With us on the brink of the first regular season game at the New Stadium. A season filled with New hopes and the possible start of a bright and joyful future for Cardinal fans everywhere, the question(s) I have for all you football guru's out there, are these;

1). How would you like to start the season(game)? Offense or Defense.

2). Depending on what you pick, what would be the first play that you that you would like to see?

As for me, I would like to see us start on defense. I would like to see us stifle SF's Offense with Coach P's patented pressure D. Then as we get the ball, watch (albeit on Gameday) our High Powered O march down the field to take a lead that they will not relinquish.

How's that for some :koolaid:

I don't know if this has been covered in another thread, but I was just curious as to your thoughts.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most of the time I would rather kick off, bu for this game I think it would be great to receive and set the tone for this game. I also would like to see us attack the way we did in pre-season and not start off with the mind set that we MUST establish the run. That can come a little later.
As long as we take what the defense gives us, don't turn it over, and stay away from stupid penalties, there is no way we lose this game.
First play? I start right off with play action to Edge with 3 options of short, intermediate and deep. Let Warner decide which is best.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I have one word to describe what I want to see.

Domination, I want to see the hope and confidence blasted from the other teams eyes so hard they literally get their hearts ripped out and start dealing with the new NFL order.

I want to see us literally just have our way with whatever we choose to do and I want it to be so one sided the rest of the NFL at first dismisses it as a fluke then learns team by team to fear the bird.

I want to see rabid fans release huge pent up joy at the sight of a team whipping a once proud franchise mercilessly. I want to see fans giddy, not nervous, not hopeful but just giddy.

I want the other teams spirit crushed, stomped on, compacted and thrown away with the rest of the trash in our nice shiny new stadium.

That's all I want to see.

Last edited:

Aquendwato

Reaction score
Boldin to have a beast game. Like 200 yards, 3 touchdowns. He's on my fantasy team.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Domination, I want to see the hope and confidence blasted from the other teams eyes so hard they literally get their hearts ripped out and start dealing with the new NFL order.

I want to see us literally just have our way with whatever we choose to do and I want it to be so one sided the rest of the NFL at first dismisses it as a fluke then learns team by team to fear the bird.

I want to see rabid fans release huge pent up joy at the sight of a team whipping a once proud franchise mercilessly. I want to see fans giddy, not nervous, not hopeful but just giddy.

I want the other teams spirit crushed, stomped on, compacted and thrown away with the rest of the trash in our nice shiny new stadium.

I'm tingling all over...

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
conraddobler said:

:notworthy

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Aquendwato said:
Boldin to have a beast game. Like 200 yards, 3 touchdowns. He's on my fantasy team.
I want Boldin to have a monster game too.

SF watching Fitz, Edge, Johnson, and Boldin proceed to hog all the highlight reels.

Boldin has owned the '9iners. I hope the coaching staff remembers that...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I forgot, I want to see more of that archer chick.... Portland that is just an amazing discovery you have there.

It's like addictive.... I feel so ashamed... :D

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Amen brother.
CAN I GET AN AMEN?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dont care how we win just win :) but I would like to see us rush for over 100 yards

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Couldn't agree more and that's what has me nervous as hell. Just a victory may still leave me wanting.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

WOW! That says it all. GREAT POST!

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Getting up early would be huge. The Cards don't want to show too much to Seattle.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Harry said:
Getting up early would be huge. The Cards don't want to show too much to Seattle.

That's a pretty picture. Up early and turn to a grinding running game...do we have one of those?

We shall see...the Edge has promised a show.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
boldinfan18 said:
I dont care how we win just win :) but I would like to see us rush for over 100 yards

i'm with you!! stay with the game plan...if edge is to get 25 touches and we are losing by a touchdown or so early on...keep running...they have a weak DL.

to open the game....be predictable...that's right predictable...stupid things happen unnesessarily otherwise...our strengths should be running between the tackles and dinking our way down the field...if improved redzone play is on the credit side of the ledger we should hang up 7...3/4 or the time....let's at least try and play like we are going for a championship...no cutesy stuff.

and one more thing...we can do this because they will always have to respect the ability of boldin to gain yards after the catch...ditto with BJ.