What would you give up for Kevin Youkilis?

What would you give for Youkilis?

• Nothing, he is past his prime.

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • A couple of decent prospects.

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A couple of decent prospects if they pay part of his salary

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Straight up for Skaggs or Bauer or Corbin(only one)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skaggs or Bauer or Corbin(only one) if they pay part of his salary

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on Gambo and Burns yesterday that Youkilis will most likely be moved sooner rather than later. So, the question is, what would you give for the 33 year old 3B. They did mention that Boston would likely cover a portion of his salary.

Last edited:

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
He wouldn't get hurt as often if he was playing 1B. He still is a good bat and he gets on base. I like him but I would just laugh at the Red Sox if they tried to get Skaggs or Bauer.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
A good question would be what does it take to get Beckett out of Boston. His value to them has to be pretty low from last seasons fried chicken and his recent golf outing while injured. I think it would be a better idea to go after him.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Reynolds is hitting below .200, even batting .250 would be a daunting task for the guy, just say no.

As for Youklis, I wouldn't go after him either. He is 33 years old and is injury prone and BOS will be ridiculous with their demands for him.

I thought we should have went after David Wright last offseason and try and get him on the cheap he is tearing it up now that the dimensions of Citi Field have been shortened. I was hoping ARZ would have traded Drew for him before Drew bolts for nothing which will happen with Boras as his agent.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I thought we should have went after David Wright last offseason and try and get him on the cheap he is tearing it up now that the dimensions of Citi Field have been shortened. I was hoping ARZ would have traded Drew for him before Drew bolts for nothing which will happen with Boras as his agent.

Yep...the only hope is that Drew is extended for another couple years due to the injury, but we'll see.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yep...the only hope is that Drew is extended for another couple years due to the injury, but we'll see.

What do you guys believe the value of Drew is? I see him as a mid level guy, not even living up to his current contract. I know his is a great defender, but his offense has never really impressed me. He is ok as a #2 hitter in the lineup, but it isn't as if we have really missed him that much. Now with the injury, just adds another question mark in my opinion.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
What do you guys believe the value of Drew is? I see him as a mid level guy, not even living up to his current contract. I know his is a great defender, but his offense has never really impressed me. He is ok as a #2 hitter in the lineup, but it isn't as if we have really missed him that much. Now with the injury, just adds another question mark in my opinion.

I agree with you. I'd certainly pay him less than Montero, maybe 7-8 mil tops. Someone will definitely outbid us at that price.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My hope is that his value will come in the form of draft picks when he leaves. However, you need to actually play and play well in order to get Type A status and there's no telling when Drew is coming back. Nightmare scenario is that he pulls a Brandon Webb and is out this season and forces a team to overpay and we get nothing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson