What will Bledsoe do?

What will be the resolution of Bledsoe's situation?

• He plays on the one-year qualifying offer for $3.7 million.

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • He negotiates a two-year deal in order to become a UFA in 2016.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He takes the Suns' offer of $48 million over 4 years.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • He negotiates a more lucrative multi-year contract with the Suns.

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • A sign-and-trade gets worked out.

Votes: 12 30.8%

• Total voters

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
The 1 year QO just seems like such a monumental risk. I think they'll come to an agreement in a slightly larger total guaranteed money deal. 4/52 or 5/58 or something of the sort.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He and his agent are stupid, moronic and selfish... totally misguided and completely out of touch with reality...
So, he plays on the one year QO, risking nearly $50M in the process...

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Trade him for something of equal value. Preferably a tall PF or center. How bout, the good Lopez bro up in Brooklyn. If not, A bag of balls would be suffice.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He takes the dumbest route and goes with the QO.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
TBH, I don't know what to think. He has never shown a strong desire to play for the Suns. It sure seems to me like it's all about the money. In which case I'd have to go with either a more lucrative offer with the Suns or we work out a sign and trade arrangement.

ETA: Had to pick one so I went with sign and trade.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went for the more lucrative multi year deal but it doesn't fully match my opinion. I think we'll sign him to a multi year deal that is an improvement on the one we've offered unless Paul refuses to negotiate terms before practice starts. So far we've made it clear we are willing to negotiate but if we reach that point, I expect we'll play hardball from then on out. Which means all of the other options come into play including the original deal. Except I don't think we will consider a shorter agreement under any circumstances.

Steve

Last edited:

Errntknght

Reaction score
I keep changing my mind. I think the QO is too risky even for Bled's agent. At this point I don't believe the Suns would compromise on a two year deal - they'd have to think the odds were good that he'd change his mind about staying. I'd say the most likely thing is that we sign him for 4 years with a little bump up - like 52/4. Frankly, I'd change the offer to 60/5 so he has to commit to the team for longer. Who knows, he might be happier with that, being more total guaranteed money. I'd be content with that.
Otherwise, I'd try my best to trade him... with what little I know about the situation I'd trade him for Hibbert assuming Indiana would go for it. I have to think the Suns have considered that possibility - it was the first thing that popped into my mind when I heard Indy was wanting to trade Hibbert for Dragic. Maybe they're working out the details of such a trade as we speak.
Since upping the ante to 5 years is not an option I'm going to vote for the trade.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Lebron and the agent are lifelong friends, right?
I bet if Bledsoe were to dump his agent it would mean getting bumped from Lebron's inner circle. And Paul is playing hardball with Bledsoe to further his career. This could be a potentially poison situation. Bledsoe may take the QO just to make LBJ happy.

Look at Paul's players. http://hoopshype.com/agents/rich_paul.htm I bet anything these kids signed with him to get close to Lebron.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I bet if Bledsoe were to dump his agent it would mean getting bumped from Lebron's inner circle. And Paul is playing hardball with Bledsoe to further his career. This could be a potentially poison situation. Bledsoe may take the QO just to make LBJ happy.

Look at Paul's players. http://hoopshype.com/agents/rich_paul.htm I bet anything these kids signed with him to get close to Lebron.

I posted this a couple of days ago on another site. It's just my speculation.

So. What must the conversations between Bledsoe and his agent be like now?

EB: So, what's up. Any word on that max deal you promised?
RP: Just be patient. They are low-balling us now, but they will cave, or someone will step in, trust me?
EB: I don't know. Looks like the options are getting thin.
RP: We got time man. We got time. Something will happen. You can always take the QO and get your money next year.
EB: Is that smart, man? You see what happened to PG? I take alot of hits going through the lane?
RP: No prob. We get insurance or something. They disrespecting you man! Aint none of MY clients going to be treated like that! Maybe we get you to Milwaukee or something.
EB: Milwaukee? You kidding me? I think I am going to call Babby.
RP: You can't do that man. You ruin everything. You have to let your agent handle this. I'm tight with LeBron, remember. You can't hang with Bron unless you hang with me. Trust me.
EB: Yeah, yeah. Click.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Not only that, I would bet that LeBron has ownership in Rich Paul's business. Can't you see the business model developing now. "Ok, so when we sign them, Bron, you pose in pictures with them and make it look like they hang with you. Post it online so they can show all their friends and family back home. You can make up a name for them too and call them your little brother or something. Then we get a cut of all the deals they sign. Easy money."

BTW. If anyone wants to find out about the ownership of Rich Paul's company (Klutch Sports), you could go here (https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/GINameSearch.jsp) and pay the $20 for the records.

Last edited:

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In his case, he better take the 4 yr deal. It's pretty clear, no one else is pounding on his door to give him a max deal... Good ole greed!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns have already said they were wiling to negotiate with Bledsoe so, IMO, they are wiling to go above the 4 years/48 million dollar offer.

I'm thinking his agent is willing to go to the turf with a QO at Bledsoe's risk.

So my hope (vote) is that the Suns work out a sign and trade.

The best option option would be, Bledsoe fires his agent which seems unlikely.

I think the Suns threw Bledsoe into the Wolves trade at the last moment to demonstrate he has to look out for himself. That Lebron is not coming to his rescue.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't know if it changes anything about the rest of your post but no, they are not lifelong friends.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think 4 years 52 is where we end up. Eric is locked in and his agent gets to somewhat save face.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The relationship has soured. Bledsoe feels disrespected. He takes the 1-year, becomes a problem in the locker room, and the Suns trade him at the mid-year deadline for a late first rounder and some other Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky product I had forgotten about.

FutureSuperstar

Veteran
Reaction score
I think the Suns should stick w/ 4/48 and offer incentives (All-NBA / All-Star or maybe games played) that could up it to 4/52 ... And I expect Bledsoe to accept that

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I voted for 48/4. I don't see how the Suns can agree to a larger deal at this point. They'd be the ones losing face. They made what they thought was a fair offer, and the Bledsoe camp has spent a month giving them a giant middle finger. The Suns are being generous enough as it is to leave that offer on the table. They'll look weak if they end up going higher.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think the Suns will end up splitting the difference and settling on about $60 million over 4 years.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think 4 years 52 is where we end up. Eric is locked in and his agent gets to somewhat save face.

I think that would be a good deal for both sides...and I hope the Suns wouldn't go one dollar above that.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The relationship has soured. Bledsoe feels disrespected. He takes the 1-year, becomes a problem in the locker room, and the Suns trade him at the mid-year deadline for a late first rounder and some other Duke/North Carolina/Kentucky product I had forgotten about.

The relationship soured because Bledsoe attempted highway robbery and got caught. The Suns are the ones that should feel disrespected...not that thief.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Part of me isn't even sure we want Bledsoe anymore...He's acting like a greedy headcase. Part of me wants him to have to play for the 3.7 mil....we don't even know if he can last a whole season injury free. Maybe we can trade him but Bledsoe wants max and it don't seem like many teams will pay it...for now.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Bledsoe is going stay and play, if he wants to ruin his rep and whine all year it's up to you.