What to do with Kyler Murray

What should the Cardinals do regarding Kyler Murray?

• Total voters

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade him so some can be happy for a couple of days, maybe even weeks.

Then watch Keim burn those picks as he usually does after he signs an extension.

Then revert right back to 2018.

I’m for it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade him so some can be happy for a couple of days, maybe even weeks.

Then watch Keim burn those picks as he usual does after he signs an extension.

Then revert right back to 2018.

I’m for it.
You must be registered for see images attach

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
As I said before I think the team should tell him and his agent that we are not interested in discussing a contract extension at this point and will contact you when we feel the time is appropriate. In the interim we expect you to honor the terms of your existing contract. Put the onus on them to make the next move.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I said before I think the team should tell him and his agent that we are not interested in discussing a contract extension at this point and will contact you when we feel the time is appropriate. In the interim we expect you to honor the terms of your existing contract. Put the onus on them to make the next move.
Should they do it publicly by releasing a statement in ALL CAPS? :D

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Watson didn't have the legal issues (which makes him untouchable for the Cards FO, IMHO) I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. He put up something like the 4th best year a QB has ever had in the league right before the massage stuff came out and he was benched all of last season.

Heck, I'd love to see this team with either Wilson or Rodgers leading it also.

Our track record with older QB's (Warner/Palmer) is much better than with young guns.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Thanks for the poll! My fear is, if he's not signed, he won't play to his potential by playing safe and pouting. And you don't want a player like that in the first place. But, I don't want to see any more Max Hall/Derek Anderson/John Skelton types at the QB position either. Would still try to sign him to a more team friendly deal as opposed to $50M/year deal. Not knowing the first thing about contracts I wouldn't begin to know how it would look and satisfy both sides.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
If Watson didn't have the legal issues (which makes him untouchable for the Cards FO, IMHO) I'd do that trade in a heartbeat. He put up something like the 4th best year a QB has ever had in the league right before the massage stuff came out and he was benched all of last season.

Our track record with older QB's (Warner/Palmer) is much better than with young guns.
I was thinking the same trade for Rodgers/Wilson but feared that could come back to haunt.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Why?

Wilson’s on-field flaws aren’t that much different than Kyler’s. It’s not like our roster construction is THAT much better than theirs. Only thing Russell will lead this team to is another first round exit, just like Seattle has been 3 out of their last 4 playoff appearances.

Rodgers, lol. Yes, let’s trade for the guy who couldn’t even win a playoff game with a significantly more talented roster than what he would have in AZ & who has “personality” problems of his own. One of the greatest of all time, but his time has passed.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?

Wilson’s on-field flaws aren’t that much different than Kyler’s. It’s not like our roster construction is THAT much better than theirs. Only thing Russell will lead this team to is another first round exit, just like Seattle has been 3 out of their last 4 playoff appearances.

Rodgers, lol. Yes, let’s trade for the guy who couldn’t even win a playoff game with a significantly more talented roster than what he would have in AZ & who has “personality” problems of his own. One of the greatest of all time, but his time has passed.
Both of them have shown the ability to play a full season and win playoff games rather than falling apart the second half of each season like Kyler. Neither runs backward and drops to the fetal position rather than step up/stay in the pocket.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both of them have shown the ability to play a full season and win playoff games rather than falling apart the second half of each season like Kyler. Neither runs backward and drops to the fetal position rather than step up/stay in the pocket.

Both can also read defenses and audible. Both can win with their favorite guys out and can drag their teams over the line through adversity.

Rodgers have been carrying crappy wide receivers for years. It's been Adams + some JAGS. Wilson has had one of the worst O lines in the league every year of his career. Yet both have two of the best winning records in the league.

People here arguing Kyler only sucked because he needs better receivers and a better O line.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
First glance I was thinking 5 year deal. Your right, 6 years makes the average much better, and I'm guessing you can make a 6 year deal more cap friendly up front...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks for the poll! My fear is, if he's not signed, he won't play to his potential by playing safe and pouting. And you don't want a player like that in the first place. But, I don't want to see any more Max Hall/Derek Anderson/John Skelton types at the QB position either. Would still try to sign him to a more team friendly deal as opposed to $50M/year deal. Not knowing the first thing about contracts I wouldn't begin to know how it would look and satisfy both sides.
I don’t think he can play safe for four years and expect a big contract. That’s what everyone seems to be forgetting, the cardinals control his rights for FOUR years. This year, his fifth year option, franchise, franchise again. If he doesn’t play to the best possible he can he’ll have mediocre tape for four years. Who is blowing a wad on that?!?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both of them have shown the ability to play a full season and win playoff games rather than falling apart the second half of each season like Kyler.
Neither hasn’t done anything of significance in 5+ years. Rodgers has folded in literally his last 3 playoff games with significantly better teams than the one he would have in Arizona. The fact you think everything would be bright lights here is hilarious. change
Neither runs backward and drops to the fetal position rather than step up/stay in the pocket
I’m positive you haven’t watched Seattle games the past couple of years to believe this.

I could have fully gotten behind Watson before the massage stuff, but Rodgers & Russell at their current stature is laughable.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither hasn’t done anything of significance in 5+ years. Rodgers has folded in literally his last 3 playoff games with significantly better teams than the one he would have in Arizona. The fact you think everything would be bright lights here is hilarious. change
I’m positive you haven’t watched Seattle games the past couple of years to believe this.

I could have fully gotten behind Watson before the massage stuff, but Rodgers & Russell at their current stature is laughable.
I honestly would prefer Watson, as I said, but at this point, I think we've seen the best we're going to see of Kyler so a vet QB that's available would be better than what we have, IMHO. Those two just happen to be the top two available.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah screw those guys. Wilson only made the playoffs like 9 years on the run until this year with a whole bunch of pretty bad rosters recently and Rodgers has only been MVP two years in a row and gone to the the NFC Championship game 3 of the last 4 years. What do those guys know.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah screw those guys. Wilson only made the playoffs like 9 years on the run until this year with a whole bunch of pretty bad rosters recently and Rodgers has only been MVP two years in a row and gone to the the NFC Championship game 3 of the last 4 years. What do those guys know.
Just go celebrate Keim getting his extension. Not in the mood to bark back-in-forth again with you.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just go celebrate Keim getting his extension. Not in the mood to bark back-in-forth again with you.

You're talking about 2 of the best quarterbacks in the game with proven track records of winning, both with SB rings and multiple playoff wins like they are chumps and Kyler is in the same league. He isn't.

The only thing Kyler has on them is years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard