What to do with Kyler Murray

What should the Cardinals do regarding Kyler Murray?

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ouch. That is damning on KM.
I don’t know if it’s “damning” but it does not support the narrative that was being flown around. Many posters here and the media when the “friction” between the team and Kyler was being reported that there are 25 other team out there that would line up to have him…… Well if that we’re true you’d assume that quite a few teams at minimum would inquire. That’s just common sense. But according to this that’s a big fat NOPE.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know if it’s “damning” but it does not support the narrative that was being flown around. Many posters here and the media when the “friction” between the team and Kyler was being reported that there are 25 other team out there that would line up to have him…… Well if that we’re true you’d assume that quite a few teams at minimum would inquire. That’s just common sense. But according to this that’s a big fat NOPE.

Yeah. GMs talk about players all the time. It's a part of what they do... explore the market.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Renewing Murray was the right move. They can always negotiate an extension later if his play supports one. Good move by Cards.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That’s just a emotional comment. There is no way you actually believe that to be true.

I 100% believe that Watson will demand more in a trade.

If a team was willing to trade without knowing the legal stuff was over...it would be the same.

If Watson is cleared to play, it would be much more.

My guess is that Watson will demand 2 first round picks and 2 thirds.

Murray would probably get us a 1st and a 2nd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is comical.. name 1 franchise QB in the past 20 season that was traded on his rookie deal. I’m not talking about bust QBs, I’m talking about any QB that looked remotely capable of being the franchise QB.
Brett Favre? Jay Cutler? :shrug:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Brett Favre? Jay Cutler? :shrug:
Favre never started a game for ATL, so def could not consider him a franchise QB what so ever at that point.

Pending one’s views on Cutler, that would certainly be one. Pretty sure quite a few folks at that point in his career thought he was going to be the real deal. 2 1sts, a 3rd and Kyle Orten was a decent haul.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just voted to pay him big money.

Now that Scottsdale's finest..... the "Bro Brothers" are locked up for 6, they may as well have their QB along for the ride after his 5th year option runs out.
Funny , but I agree. Sign Kyler to a 250 m contract for 5 more years. Let all 3 of them sink or swim.
In 2-3 years when the whole thing is burning down to the ground all 3 will be rich whether we go 3-14 or 1-16.
Heads will role. We’ll have to swallow a 30 m cap hit and Bidwill will still be taking in millions.

All four of them deserve each other.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's that. I think it's teams know he's highly unlikely to be traded and they aren't wasting their time.

Exactly. Teams know the Cards don't want to trade him so the only way a trade happens is if Kyler demands one. if he demands one, his trade value is lower. So you wait, if he demands a trade and you want him THEN you make an offer.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From the ATHLETIC:

Members of the 2019 NFL Draft class: It’s evaluation day!

A three-season resume is widely considered the baseline for when NFL teams can begin to accurately evaluate the hits or misses in a draft class. With that in mind, I dove in for another one of my draft audits, using Pro Football Reference’s “Approximate Value” to judge the success or lack thereof of each team’s 2019 class.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray may want to thank me for the convenient timing of this article, given that he’s looking for a contract extension. Murray led the 2019 class in AV, by a lot. Murray’s 44 weighted AV was 12 points higher than Buccaneers linebacker Devin White and 14 points higher than Titans wideout A.J. Brown.

In AV terms, Murray’s first three-year value landed him among the top 12 to 18 players since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970. Those with the same first-three-year values are Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith, Derrick Thomas, J.J. Watt and Ricky Watters.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i am assuming "huge" is top 10 QB money

you have to do it

even with his warts, he is top 12 with a reasonable projection to top 5 qb

downside to this: in three years, the team may have to eat a ton of dead money and start over.

do we even remember what the Kolb, Skelton, Max Hall years were like?

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From the ATHLETIC:

Members of the 2019 NFL Draft class: It’s evaluation day!

A three-season resume is widely considered the baseline for when NFL teams can begin to accurately evaluate the hits or misses in a draft class. With that in mind, I dove in for another one of my draft audits, using Pro Football Reference’s “Approximate Value” to judge the success or lack thereof of each team’s 2019 class.

Cardinals quarterback Kyler Murray may want to thank me for the convenient timing of this article, given that he’s looking for a contract extension. Murray led the 2019 class in AV, by a lot. Murray’s 44 weighted AV was 12 points higher than Buccaneers linebacker Devin White and 14 points higher than Titans wideout A.J. Brown.

In AV terms, Murray’s first three-year value landed him among the top 12 to 18 players since the AFL/NFL merger in 1970. Those with the same first-three-year values are Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Emmitt Smith, Derrick Thomas, J.J. Watt and Ricky Watters.

Wow that list of players really sucks. Kyler is a bust!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
i am assuming "huge" is top 10 QB money

you have to do it

even with his warts, he is top 12 with a reasonable projection to top 5 qb

downside to this: in three years, the team may have to eat a ton of dead money and start over.

do we even remember what the Kolb, Skelton, Max Hall years were like?
Ain't no way in hell KM is settling for top-10 QB money. IMO, he wants to be the TOP paid QB in the league and a league-record deal. Undoubtedly, he wants at least top-3 QB money.