What movie is your guilty pleasure?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Double Impact
Fire Down Below
Caddyshack II (Guilty, yes. Pleasure? Not so sure)

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That one doesn't count. I mean, who doesn't like ID?

I don't :(

The movie has too many plot holes for my liking. I'm all for a good popcorn movie, but it has to be in the relm of possibility. I'm not talking about the aliens showing up, more so of how they were defeated.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a bunch of good movies listed in this thread.

Gleaming the Cube and pretty much any 80's movie with skateboarding.
Pooty Tang.
Tales From the Hood.
There are some chick flicks I like but I won't list them. ;)

AZZenny

Reaction score
but it has to be in the relm of possibility. I'm not talking about the aliens showing up, more so of how they were defeated.

:doi: so... exactly which realm of possibility are we talking about?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
:doi: so... exactly which realm of possibility are we talking about?

My guess is that the alien mothership just happens to respond to a Mac virus? A friend of mine had real issues with that...me not so much. I love that movie.

My guilty pleasure....

Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith

I know line for line my favorite scene on the landing pad right before the duel...from the moment Padme runs out of the ship to the moment Anakin tells Obi Wan, "You will try!". I thought that scene contained the best dialogue in all 3 prequels.

some more...

Empire Records
Caveman
The Big Lebowski

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My guess is that the alien mothership just happens to respond to a Mac virus? A friend of mine had real issues with that...me not so much. I love that movie.

See, Macs could always network with PCs using WinPC, but it was PCs that lacked the ability to network with Macs. Furthermore, Macs were every bit capable of compiling code (such as C++) as well as connecting through a Unix network (plausible common language since the signal was being sent through human-made satellites). But seeing as how PCs are/were lesser technology, I fail to see this person's argument to begin with. Macs are superior to PCs, so of course that's what you're going to take into space to communicate with superior alien technology.

:D

Empire Records
The Big Lebowski

Bravo for Empire Records. Way to stand up and be counted. But I beg to differ on The Big Lebowski. There should be no guilt assigned. The Big Lebowski is the perfect movie and should be celebrated, not shamed.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
But I beg to differ on The Big Lebowski. There should be no guilt assigned. The Big Lebowski is the perfect movie and should be celebrated, not shamed.

:yeahthat:

Not a guilty pleasure.

wiki said:
A guilty pleasure is known as a something one considers pleasurable despite it being mainly received negatively or looked down on by a majority of society. References to guilty pleasures are often used in terms of the arts and entertainment, such as music, film, and television and other aspects of popular culture.

An example of guilty pleasure would be a man who watches television shows marketed towards women, such as Sex and the City, soap operas, such as The Young and the Restless, "cheesy" series such as Saved By The Bell, and yellow-journalism shows such as Cops. This is considered a guilty pleasure, as it violates most western ideas what society views as masculine. For this reason the man in question may watch this show in secret because other members of the society may react negatively to a man watching a feminine television show

Like Kate and Hanson or me and SBTB.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
My guilty pleasure....

Star Wars 3: Revenge of the Sith

I know line for line my favorite scene on the landing pad right before the duel...from the moment Padme runs out of the ship to the moment Anakin tells Obi Wan, "You will try!". I thought that scene contained the best dialogue in all 3 prequels.

Except for in that scene where Obi Wan tells Anakin "Only a Sith speaks in absolutes". I love that line, since it is, itself, an absolute. So that's the great Star Wars conspiracy, Obi Wan is a Sith. LOL.

da_suns_fan

Registered
Reaction score
Big Trouble in Little China

My best friend and I used to do the "multiple eyebrow raises" to each other in grade school.

Fun fact: The white chick in the movie is Kim Catrall of "Sex and the City".

More:

Flight of the Navigator
Don't tell mom, the babysitter's dead (I love this one).

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Except for in that scene where Obi Wan tells Anakin "Only a Sith speaks in absolutes". I love that line, since it is, itself, an absolute. So that's the great Star Wars conspiracy, Obi Wan is a Sith. LOL.
That line annoyed me so much.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen