What in the hell... Draft 1.0

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm gonna make some crazy predictions that are gonna get all your feathers in a bunch. Please.. avert your eyes.

1(13) OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
He's a physical freak that provides the ability to go into 2TE sets with Gresham and pave the road for David Johnson. Beyond the road grading, he provides the ability to stretch the seam and gave any young QB we grab, this year or next, a safety valve.

2(45) **** Tabor, CB, Florida
He didn't have a great combine nor pro day. Flip on the tape and the kid can play. He is a press man corner who rarely gets beat. Given up two touchdowns over three seasons.

3(77) Carlos Watkins, DE/DT, Clemson
Interior lineman who finished the year with 10.5 sacks. He is a leader and loves football. At the Senior Bowl, he lined up in 3-4 and 4-3 fronts.. and put on a show.

4(119) Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
5(157) Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
5(179) Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss
6(197) Xavier Woods, SS, La Tech
7(231) Austin Rekhow, K/P, Idaho

Now in all honesty, I think our first round pick is likely gonna be Mahomes lol... but I like Howard and I think that he can be a guy we split out and he becomes a faux #1 WR at times.

Tear me apart. I don't do mock drafts often..

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind Howard in rd 1 at all. I'd wait on Tabor until the 3rd rd but I'm probably over reacting to his 40 times.

Drafting a QB after the 2nd rd is like using the lottery as your retirement plan but it's not that big an investment.

Overall very good job.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna make some crazy predictions that are gonna get all your feathers in a bunch. Please.. avert your eyes.

He didn't have a great combine nor pro day. Flip on the tape and the kid can play. He is a press man corner who rarely gets beat. Given up two touchdowns over three seasons.

Per Flolrida Pro Day workoyt;

"
Florida pro day recap

—After running an official 4.62 at the combine, **** Tabor looked to improve his times at the pro day. He didn't, turning in mind-boggling runs of 4.75 seconds, per a scout at the workout. Tabor's job since the season ended has been to train to run fast, and it's incredibly rare to run slower at your pro day than the combine. After one scout told me Tabor's interview at the combine was "the worst we had all year," the slow times will bring to question what exactly he's been doing for the last four months. Tabor was a first-round talent when the season began, but this drops him to Day 3 on my board."

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

1(13) OJ Howard, TE, Alabama
He's a physical freak that provides the ability to go into 2TE sets with Gresham and pave the road for David Johnson. Beyond the road grading, he provides the ability to stretch the seam and gave any young QB we grab, this year or next, a safety valve.

3(77) Carlos Watkins, DE/DT, Clemson
Interior lineman who finished the year with 10.5 sacks. He is a leader and loves football. At the Senior Bowl, he lined up in 3-4 and 4-3 fronts.. and put on a show.

4(119) Kendell Beckwith, ILB, LSU
5(157) Malachi Dupre, WR, LSU
5(179) Chad Kelly, QB, Ole Miss
6(197) Xavier Woods, SS, La Tech
7(231) Austin Rekhow, K/P, Idaho

Now in all honesty, I think our first round pick is likely gonna be Mahomes lol... but I like Howard and I think that he can be a guy we split out and he becomes a faux #1 WR at times.

Tear me apart. I don't do mock drafts often..

???? Nothing to tear apart. I would have no problem with that draft. Chad Kelly being a complete head case is concerning, but whatever, good mock.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Per Flolrida Pro Day workoyt;

"
Florida pro day recap

—After running an official 4.62 at the combine, **** Tabor looked to improve his times at the pro day. He didn't, turning in mind-boggling runs of 4.75 seconds, per a scout at the workout. Tabor's job since the season ended has been to train to run fast, and it's incredibly rare to run slower at your pro day than the combine. After one scout told me Tabor's interview at the combine was "the worst we had all year," the slow times will bring to question what exactly he's been doing for the last four months. Tabor was a first-round talent when the season began, but this drops him to Day 3 on my board."

Could be a strategy in the future, having bad interviews, mediocre athletic numbers and being selected by the team u wish to play for
Then get paid under the table (hypothetical guarantee money) like a first round pick?

Reaction score
Could be a strategy in the future, having bad interviews, mediocre athletic numbers and being selected by the team u wish to play for
Then get paid under the table (hypothetical guarantee money) like a first round pick?

No team will risk losing future draft picks for something like this.

seesred

Reaction score
I actually like your draft. Just not sure about the CB where we need a stud to win this year. Love Bethel but not as a starter.

GBR

OP
OP
I

iRobot

Veteran
Reaction score
I actually like your draft. Just not sure about the CB where we need a stud to win this year. Love Bethel but not as a starter.

GBR

I think if you watch Tabor's tape.. even with the 40 time.. the kid has it. I don't know the reason for the 40 time. People will speculate. But he fits the scheme of press man and I believe he will surprise in the league.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Collusion? That team could get in a world of trouble. Sounds like NE!