What I Saw

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Because Streveler was the worst qb since Max Hall. Worst then Wolford. And that was the game where KM sat out a few snaps with a hammy I think.
Most of that game was Kyler. And we're now adding in his injury problems, so thanks for pointing that out as well.

The excuses are really, REALLY thin from yesterday. Colt showed what Kyler simply cannot do at this point in his career. The poise and decision making were night and day.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler played 50% of that game and absolutely pussied out the other 50% on a minor ankle injury he could have played on in a crucial must win game.
BS. Kyler wanted to go in but that was ultimately up to the coaches to decide. You saw him pacing on the sidelines pissed off??? THATS NOT SOMEONE WHO PUSSIED OUT

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most of that game was Kyler. And we're now adding in his injury problems, so thanks for pointing that out as well.

The excuses are really, REALLY thin from yesterday. Colt showed what Kyler simply cannot do at this point in his career. The poise and decision making were night and day.
I think you getting the games mixed up. Streveler played about 90% of that Rams game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You’re not watching the Rams. I live in LA. I’ve seen a lot of their games and heard all of the talk about them on local radio. They’ve played like trash ALL season with or without Stafford.

And yet, Kyler still looked like trash against them.

He’s still the QB of the future moving forward, has to be. But the idea that the rams were something they haven’t been all season yesterday is totally false.
Yeah the Rams offense is awful this year....but their defense is still pretty solid. McCoy calmly took what the defense gave them, and took a few prudent risks that were the difference.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re not watching the Rams. I live in LA. I’ve seen a lot of their games and heard all of the talk about them on local radio. They’ve played like trash ALL season with or without Stafford.

And yet, Kyler still looked like trash against them.

He’s still the QB of the future moving forward, has to be. But the idea that the rams were something they haven’t been all season yesterday is totally false.
The way the Cards were playing, a healthy Stafford would’ve beat them

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Bottomline, Colt beat Wolford. Colt wasn’t schemed against. Wolford was. KM is still the future, deal with it.
Sure. Go homer on KM some more. It's clear you're blinded by adoration. KM has sucked this season. He's been garbage. He's still the future--we're stuck with him--but Colt showed what Kyler ISN'T doing at the moment and doesn't seem capable of doing.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BS. Kyler wanted to go in but that was ultimately up to the coaches to decide. You saw him pacing on the sidelines pissed off??? THATS NOT SOMEONE WHO PUSSIED OUT

That never happened

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That never happened
So I’m lying about that now?! Yeah you didn’t watch that game. He was clearly pissed off he didn’t go back in until like the last drive.

But anything to help your case thar KM is a trash qb that is getting paid too much

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure. Go homer on KM some more. It's clear you're blinded by adoration. KM has sucked this season. He's been garbage. He's still the future--we're stuck with him--but Colt showed what Kyler ISN'T doing at the moment and doesn't seem capable of doing.
Did he showed it against Carolina when there was an actual gameplan for him??

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bottomline, Colt beat Wolford. Colt wasn’t schemed against. Wolford was. KM is still the future, deal with it.
We’re all dealing with that reality. Sadly, we don’t know which way that’s going to go. Colt ain’t the future but the question about is Kyler gets murkier by the week after back to back second half collapses followed up by the awful start this season.
Did he showed it against Carolina when there was an actual gameplan for him??
he showed it against the Seahawks the next week when they gameplanned for him.

And then Kyler went out against that same awful Seahawks team, with the division on the line and totally crapped the bed in Week 17, leading the offense to a whopping 14 points.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m looking at the facts and truth. Kyler-pessimists were saying all of this negativity based on nothing but pure conjecture but finally y’all have some merit this year to back up y’all talking points.

I’m not defending Kyler’s piss-poor play. But to bring up Colt’s record implying he is somehow better then KM is in fact ********.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So I’m lying about that now?! Yeah you didn’t watch that game. He was clearly pissed off he didn’t go back in until like the last drive.

But anything to help your case thar KM is a trash qb that is getting paid too much

Yeah I watched it. What I remember is he was in the locker room the whole time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m looking at the facts and truth. Kyler pessimist were saying all of this negativity based on nothing but pure conjecture but finally y’all have some merit this year to back up y’all talking points.

I’m not defending Kyler’s piss-poor play. But to bring up Colt’s record implying he is somehow better then KM is in fact ********.

Better right now

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We’re all dealing with that reality. Sadly, we don’t know which way that’s going to go. Colt ain’t the future but the question about is Kyler gets murkier by the week after back to back second half collapses followed up by the awful start this season.

he showed it against the Seahawks the next week when they gameplanned for him.

And then Kyler went out against that same awful Seahawks team, with the division on the line and totally crapped the bed in Week 17, leading the offense to a whopping 14 points.
That week 18 game against the Seahawks was 38-30. I don’t know where you got 14 points from

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That week 18 game against the Seahawks was 38-30. I don’t know where you got 14 points from
The Defense scored 1 TD and recovered a fumble at the Seattle 1 yard line to set up another TD.

So you’re right… he basically led the team to a whopping 16 points. At home. In a must win game for HFA against a terrible team. Colt went on the road against the same terrible team, was gameplanned against and lit them up for 350 yards on 80% with 2 TDs and 23 points… which should have hung 30 on them if Prater didn’t miss 3 easy FGs and and extra point, just a month earlier.

And even if you want to give Kyler credit for a 1 yard TD drive and call Colt’s game 23 without mentioning the missed field goal, guess what, our backup QB, against the same exact team, who gameplanned for him, still led an offense to match Kyler’s points scored.

Last edited:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So why did the same trash backup QB beat the Kyler led Cards last year, who were trying to clinch a playoff game?

As for the Kyler apologies here, quote yourself and stop it lol Yesterday showed squarely where the problem is.
You mean 2 years ago.. kyler didnt go in until the 2nd half, was playing hurt and threw the ball 11 times.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Backups historically have career games against the Cards, this is nothing new. Why you brought that up is irrelevant when you compare Colt to Kyler.

Just trying to respect your admonition that we 'stick to the facts, not the conjectures'.

The fact is, he beat us in the past and, as such, it certainly wasn't inconceivable he'd beat us again.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol I’ve said many times he is not playing well, but Kliff has a huge role in that as well. And yes backup QBs play with little to no pressure as most aren’t expected to do much see the opposition yesterday! And if you didn’t think yesterday had a better game plan than just about any game all season you weren’t paying attention!
So... let me get this right...

The offense that we have been running and tailor fit for Kyler for the past 4 years isn't the same offense that Kliff just threw together in a few days.... to have Colt succeed?

Your argument isn't helping your case, man.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose