What Happened to KeeSean Johnson??

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
First game of the season he was targeted 10 times! And the last time he saw the field was on Nov 17th against the 9ers, when he was targeted twice, had 2 catches for 14 yards... The dude ghosted us! :(

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He had a rough couple of weeks in the Tampa/SF games. I would have still kept him in the fold as he was the onl WR other than Fitz that had any size.

Another guy we gotta hope bounces back next year.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
First game of the season he was targeted 10 times! And the last time he saw the field was on Nov 17th against the 9ers, when he was targeted twice, had 2 catches for 14 yards... The dude ghosted us! :(
This happens all the times with rookie receivers. I’ve learned not to leap to conclusions about the long term potential of the player.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know
Normally a rookie has a learning curve and making mistakes is part of the growing process
Obviously making him inactive won't help him going in to the next season

What about if they used the same discipline to Murphy?

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I believe the offense changed. He was being used when we were running the total spread. Once we went to using TE's, he got squeezed out.

Just be better in practice than Byrd / Cooper and he will reemerge

Cooper came on strong, with the added benefit on the active roster as a returner:raccoon:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I believe the offense changed. He was being used when we were running the total spread. Once we went to using TE's, he got squeezed out.

Just be better in practice than Byrd / Cooper and he will reemerge

I think you're correct, the offense went heavier on using TEs more and the 4 WR spread quite a bit less so he lost his spot since the WRs unit was getting less snaps as a whole.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Two or three things might have happened:

1. Other teams studied tape on him.

2. Good early performances established a reputation he was unable to live up to. (He dropped a few and then was targeted less).

3. As Kingsbury opened up the Cardinal offense, there were more opportunities created for other receivers, TE's and RTB's and correspondently fewer for KSJ.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two or three things might have happened:

1. Other teams studied tape on him.

2. Good early performances established a reputation he was unable to live up to. (He dropped a few and then was targeted less).

3. As Kingsbury opened up the Cardinal offense, there were more opportunities created for other receivers, TE's and RTB's and correspondently fewer for KSJ.

Jeff, I don't lay any credence in teams studying film on him. He was fair to pretty good early, and I don't think at any point he became a man that opponents needed to scheme to stop. Our WR's save for Larry (that's a WHOLE nother issue!) are largely interchangeable that they are capable of getting open, possesses some quickness, and on occasion make the tough catch. The opinion might vary from fan to fan, if we actually have a WR "tandem" in the traditional sense with Fitz and Kirk. Just my personal thought on it bro.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he caught short passes. he had sure hands but was not getting separation outside of being a security blanket and lost his job to those who could do more is what I saw.