What happened to Isaiah Simmons?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
NFL defense is complicated. VJ should be talking to Venables every day.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It's just wrong.

Chris Banjo is starting while our top 10 pick is getting less than 10 snaps.

When that's happening you know you did something wrong.

And like Keim said, you need to see the field in order to develop and learn. I hope he gets more snaps this week....as long as it isn’t to the detriment of the team winning

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not worried about Simmons yet. If he's getting burned or inactive late in the season then hit the panic button.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I want to see more snaps from Simmons today. Especially in nickel covering Hockenson.

In game 1 you had the excuse of lack of reps, but since then he's had two more weeks of practice reps and learning.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because the lions actually have a passing attack, a good TE and their top WR returning... I expect to see more Simmons today.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Isabella does not have to play in the slot. In fact in college he barely ever played in the slot.

PFF had him as about their highest rated receiver but specifically said they weren't sure if he would play outside or the slot. Before the draft they said it would probably take him a little time to learn how to beat jams at the NFL level.

I really don't understand the Isabella hate - he has taken advantage of nearly every opportunity he has been given. It's not like he is out there dropping balls - he just hasn't gotten many thrown to him up to this point.
Crazy that every play Isabella made today was from the slot or from a stacked position...it's almost like I am not just throwing spaghetti against the wall here and may know a little about football.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Last post of me just being a dick...

Someone tell me how Okudah could play nearly an entire game at CB and get an int without a preseason and with a covid offseason? I don't get it. You told me it wasn't possible.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Simmons should be playing SS, flying around making plays. They don't need to force him into playing ILB when we already have 2 solid players there in their prime....and we are starting bums like Banjo and the guy we just signed

Simmons played safety in college. Let him get reps with the starting D at SS this week and I bet he never gives the spot up

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last post of me just being a dick...

Someone tell me how Okudah could play nearly an entire game at CB and get an int without a preseason and with a covid offseason? I don't get it. You told me it wasn't possible.

oh Okudah is your measuring stick cause he got abused today ABUSED and that INT was on Kyler forcing it like he did all day lol

lol Okudah yeah oh ok.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
oh Okudah is your measuring stick cause he got abused today ABUSED and that INT was on Kyler forcing it like he did all day lol

lol Okudah yeah oh ok.

Okudah has the goods and this rookie like Simmons is going to learn... at least Okudah is going to learn while we are wasting establishing Simmons as a player and if it happens to be a safety, cool because our safeties suck rocks in coverage

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Crazy that every play Isabella made today was from the slot or from a stacked position...it's almost like I am not just throwing spaghetti against the wall here and may know a little about football.

What impressed me was he was catching textbook with his hands today, the slot no longer seems too big for him because of that

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons should be playing SS, flying around making plays. They don't need to force him into playing ILB when we already have 2 solid players there in their prime....and we are starting bums like Banjo and the guy we just signed

Simmons played safety in college. Let him get reps with the starting D at SS this week and I bet he never gives the spot up
But forcing square pegs into round holes is more fun..:/ I agree. Get his butt on the field some way some how and let him develop all over the field if need be.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
But forcing square pegs into round holes is more fun..:/ I agree. Get his butt on the field some way some how and let him develop all over the field if need be.

He might be able to develop all over the field, but a lot of people would argue that his best position is at SS....so just let him become a freak there. If he becomes a probowl SS, we are not going to be angry he didn't develop as an ILB

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might be able to develop all over the field, but a lot of people would argue that his best position is at SS....so just let him become a freak there. If he becomes a probowl SS, we are not going to be angry he didn't develop as an ILB
I agree. But most coaches don't know how to not be coaches.. a blessing and a curse.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you put him at SS, where is Budda gonna play? Because the further Baker is from the line of scrimmage, the greater a liability he becomes.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Well after the last 3 games I believe we have our answers folks, the thread can be locked.

Vance Joseph is what happened to Simmons.