What are your next steps for this team?

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Cardinals have indeed been within one score in the fourth quarter of their four losses. But they've lost by 6, 18, 17, and 22, never 25. Why exaggerate and create a straw man? Who here do you think has the mindset of being content with a 25- point loss?

...dbs
25 was hyperbole. I obviously wasn't quoting statistics there. Losing by double digits when it counts is pretty significant, though.

...Are you content with 18, 17, and 22 point losses? I could have said "lose by 14" and the point would have still stood. We're losing against winning teams by multiple scores.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
C'mon guys, WR need 1-3 years to be on NFL level. Yes none of our WR gets Meatcleaf numbers, but gosh... just stop it.

We are finding out how our O can work in the NFL and how we have to adept it so that it can work and we will see them sooner or later get integrated.

What really has to happen:

• we need a better ILB one that is good to great probably #1 or #2 rounder
  • we need a RT #2 or #3 rounder or FA
  • we need a C or better one of the young center has to finally beat out AQ if none can #3 or #4 rounder again
  • we maybe need a #1 WR #1 or #2 rounder or FA if KJ isn't the guy he showed glimpses that he could but ... only KK knows
  • we need a better FS #2 or #3 rounder
  • we need a better SS #3 or #4 rounder
  • we need an OLB that is more productive than Suggs #2 or #3 rounder or FA
  • we need a great LG #1 or #2 rounder or FA
  • we need to at least retain Hump or a better LT FA or #1
  • we need a real disruptive DE #1 or #2 rounder or FA
  • we need a RG that is way better that what we have #3 or #4 rounder or FA
  • we need a average to above average DE on the other side #2 to #4 rounder or FA
  • we need probably a better run Stuffing NT that eats up 2 guys on some plays and CP is getting old so #2 -#6 on a NT would be good maybe you get something in FA
So basically we need 12 guys, maybe you find a diamond in the rough in the 5-7th round 4-5 players can be added through FA, Hump you retain because, I don't think there are that much better FA out there next year and you hope that the C we drafted is beating AQ out. But still 10 guys so 5-6 picks you have to nail and at least 3-4 will be #1 or #2 rounders

I wouldn't trade PP you will get at worst a #4 rounder if he leaves in FA but till than you have a #1 CB on one side of the ball and you could approach the BillB style of 3-4 D were the #1 covers there #2 WR and your #2 CB gets help over the top so you double there #1 WR in this stage I think with a good Slot CB you may be up to something but yeah that is up to the new DC that has to come after you fire VJ because of too much ultra soft zone were only the Browns play as much as we play.

So hiring a good 3-4 DC would be mandatory to be in shape to win games in the next 2-3 years as well.

LOL. 22 starters and you're saying we need 12 new ones. I don't disagree, but damn. We are not good. At least we think we finally have a QB.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar7 please do yourself and the rest of the board a favor and let the board be for the next 10 Weeks. After the season, you can spout your "wisdom" and your "insight" all over the place till maybe someone starts to call you out on every bad view, bad take, bad habbit you show up here, but really, you aren't realistic you aren't self beware you aren't critic you are on a "destruction" mission but not with yourself more ore less you try to destroy the Cardinals on every thread you post. It doesn't matter it if it is SK, KM, KK, Larry, whatsoever.

You could be a cheatriots, seachicken or noless fan it wouldn't sound differnt from what you spout into this forum.

For me, you lost any kind of credabilty and so next time I see such a bad post from you I will ignore it, since you, really seem to be shifted not to the dark side, but to being no fan.

We have lost to teams that have a combined record of 22 to 8 for lot sakes this 4 teams are 3 divisin leaders and the panthers are second and would be the odd team out in the wild card picture behind the Rams and the Vikings.

But no, you keep on telling the 3-21 record story. The lions that are also a .500 team, is a team we tied against.

And yes we might have one of the worst schedules that the worst team from the year before got, but that is, more or less, typical Cardinals luck.
I made a thread for everyone to discuss next steps. Come on. This ignore stuff is silly. I let this thread sit for days and days without saying a bad thing, before someone called me out for my take.

I love this team, I hope the best for this team, I don't agree with their direction. It seems like the only "bad views" or "bad takes" are those that aren't overwhelmingly positive, but I get zero credit when I AM positive.

I like you a lot as a poster, and I struggle to see why I've lost credibility in anyone's eyes unless they just want to pretend everything is awesome. I hope not to get blocked, but I'm also not going to skip posting on a board I've been a part of for more than half of my life just to surf in here during the offseason and rip on the team. All I want is constructive growth for the franchise.

We'll see what tonight looks like. Happy Halloween.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made a thread for everyone to discuss next steps. Come on. This ignore stuff is silly. I let this thread sit for days and days without saying a bad thing, before someone called me out for my take.

I love this team, I hope the best for this team, I don't agree with their direction. It seems like the only "bad views" or "bad takes" are those that aren't overwhelmingly positive, but I get zero credit when I AM positive.

I like you a lot as a poster, and I struggle to see why I've lost credibility in anyone's eyes unless they just want to pretend everything is awesome. I hope not to get blocked, but I'm also not going to skip posting on a board I've been a part of for more than half of my life just to surf in here during the offseason and rip on the team. All I want is constructive growth for the franchise.

I wouldn’t let it bother you.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in the bottom 25% of NFL GMs. One of the 8 worst. For those who disagree, tell me how he is significantly different from Bruce Allen of the Redskins.
Wow, that comparison is not even close!

Allen is 31 games below .500 as a GM/"president" (60-91-1), Keim is 8 games above (55-47-1).
Allen's team finished below .500 in 6 of 9 seasons (with one of his winning seasons being 8-7-1).
Keim's team has finished below .500 in 2 of 6 seasons (including one at 7-8-1).
Allen's team went to the playoffs twice in 9 seasons, and never won a game.
Keim's team went to the playoffs twice in 6 seasons, including an NFC Championship game.
Allen's best three seasons: 10-6, 9-7, 8-7-1. Keim's: 13-3, 11-5, 10-6.
Allen's worst three seasons: 3-13, 5-11, 6-10. Keim's: 3-13, 7-8-1, 8-8.
Allen's team is at rock bottom and headed nowhere, with a likely bust 1st-round QB.
Keim's hit rock bottom last year and appears to be headed up, with a likely QBOF.
Keim has been named NFL executive of the year twice. Allen... not so much.

Last year REALLY blew, and the two years prior were disappointing, but you'd think after decades of miserable teams, Cardinals fans wouldn't so easily forget the extraordinary success the team has had in under Keim. Allen has never achieved anything beyond mediocrity and marginal success, with no apparent long-term plan or continuity.

Don't get me wrong - Keim has made a LOT of mistakes, and the DUI is despicable. But he's been miles better than Bruce Allen. Really, there's no comparison whatsoever.

...dbs

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Solar7, I don't hate you, but if you come up with half the truth and compare Keim to Allen, you calling Shanahan a geniuse HC in the first year he is accomplishing something, state that you would blow up a team that is trending in the right direction, gosh...

that is hpyerbole and you know that. Is Keim perfect? No. He had some really bad streaks. Is there a better GM outside of the building just waiting to be the Cards GM? I don't think so.

Where I agree overall, we need better Player evaluation not only during draft, but also in FA and in House as well. Giving a TE that isn't worth a penny 10+ Million was a... bad call. The handling of TM was bad, Letting so many players on D side go was bad.

And I understand that Wilkes made the cuts but and calls who to give a contract, but yeah, I give you that Keim didn't do his part of the job very well. But fire him, c'mon. there are maybe only 4 GM that are really good then there is that GM/HC/DC guy and after that there is a pletora of GM that are interchangable. Only the last 5-7 GM are really crap, but we don't have one of them. But Allen is one of them, that is for sure.

Cinci, Browns, Washington, Jets, Dolphins (but maybe that total rebuild works, but I don't think so), Titans and maybe Falcons and Tampa Bay.

But the rest expect for Seahawks(0.629), NO(0.571), KC(0.675) and Patriots (0.699), none can say that they are always in the playoffs.

Rams are starting to get there, but still, this year could be the downfall and Snead is the Gm since 2012 0.504.

But the rest of the GM are interchangable, see Elway, got a Ring but since then he did nothing and he has a losing Record as a GM he even has 3 losing seasons in a row and is trending to 0.500 (.588) Keim has .539

Even worse, there aren't that many GM that are above .500 Keim is one of them and that is a top 15 achievement. IAIEKS.

So stop calling for his head without having someone in the wing that could be better. There should be at least 7 teams that should jump at Keim as soon as he gets fired.

So up to the game

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar7, I don't hate you, but if you come up with half the truth and compare Keim to Allen, you calling Shanahan a geniuse HC in the first year he is accomplishing something, state that you would blow up a team that is trending in the right direction, gosh...

that is hpyerbole and you know that. Is Keim perfect? No. He had some really bad streaks. Is there a better GM outside of the building just waiting to be the Cards GM? I don't think so.

Where I agree overall, we need better Player evaluation not only during draft, but also in FA and in House as well. Giving a TE that isn't worth a penny 10+ Million was a... bad call. The handling of TM was bad, Letting so many players on D side go was bad.

And I understand that Wilkes made the cuts but and calls who to give a contract, but yeah, I give you that Keim didn't do his part of the job very well. But fire him, c'mon. there are maybe only 4 GM that are really good then there is that GM/HC/DC guy and after that there is a pletora of GM that are interchangable. Only the last 5-7 GM are really crap, but we don't have one of them. But Allen is one of them, that is for sure.

Cinci, Browns, Washington, Jets, Dolphins (but maybe that total rebuild works, but I don't think so), Titans and maybe Falcons and Tampa Bay.

But the rest expect for Seahawks(0.629), NO(0.571), KC(0.675) and Patriots (0.699), none can say that they are always in the playoffs.

Rams are starting to get there, but still, this year could be the downfall and Snead is the Gm since 2012 0.504.

But the rest of the GM are interchangable, see Elway, got a Ring but since then he did nothing and he has a losing Record as a GM he even has 3 losing seasons in a row and is trending to 0.500 (.588) Keim has .539

Even worse, there aren't that many GM that are above .500 Keim is one of them and that is a top 15 achievement. IAIEKS.

So stop calling for his head without having someone in the wing that could be better. There should be at least 7 teams that should jump at Keim as soon as he gets fired.

So up to the game

I never compared Keim to Allen, that’s another poster. And I also called Shanahan’s DAD a genius, not him.

And it’s Wilks, not Wilkes.

I’m phone posting, so I can’t talk about Keim’s atrocious record, but I can leave those breakdowns for you for now.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Fix the team from the trenches out (along with safeties). Fire Keim, and figure out what to do with David Johnson.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I wouldn’t let it bother you.
+1.

Fan judgement is relative to the person judging.

Plus he is going to "ignore you", so you will hear from him more. Lol

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

So up to the game

Whoa. That's pretty solid work there sir. Appreciate it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is in the bottom 25% of NFL GMs. One of the 8 worst. For those who disagree, tell me how he is significantly different from Bruce Allen of the Redskins.
A lot of people disagreed with me then...do you still disagree with me now?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

So up to the game
Ed Dodds - Assistant General Manager of the Indianapolis Colts.

Giving the Levi Brown argument, of who is better......the Bradley Sowell of GMs is better than Keim.

The bar ain't that high.

What "solid" work has he done since BA left?

This is a bad football team with bad talent and Keim put it together.

You do not reward it with more time.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard