What Are Your Most Realistic Expectations of Kyler...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He's got a bumb knee... Kliffy is gone...as is Keim. So, what if:

- His knee perfectly heals and is not, in any way, shape or form, an issue once he returns
- Mike B pulls it off and lands the absolute perfect GM.
- Mike B does it again lands the perfect Head Coach...however you choose to characterize a perfect head coach

What then? What do you think we have in Kyler Murray? 5 years from now, will his career results be on par with:

- Mahomes?
- Wilson?
- Rogers?
- Allen?
- Burrow?

Or, will his results look more like:

- Stafford? (yes, he has a Super Bowl...but...)
- Cousins?
- Herbert?
- Carr?

And then there is Lamar... Not sure what his results will look like in 5 years...but I'm not sold on his ability to lead a team to a Championship.

IMHO, even under the most "perfect" Head Coach and GM conditions - in other words, those positions can't be used as an excuse for... I see Kyler's results, at best, putting his team in the post season on a fairly regular basis...probably an equal amount of times being in and out of the post season. And never winning it all.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I suspect he will be Cousins or Carr. Dazzling at times and mediocre at times. IMO he doesn't have "football smarts", he just can't read defenses well and panics too often. No way he ever "earns" that contract IMO.

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
It all depends on Kyler and how much time he is willing to put in. He can improve if he puts in the time to learn the defense alignment and who is the favorable matchup and open receiver. He has two years to improve, if he doesn't then we cut bait and move on.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
More of the same...moments of brilliance and disappointment in almost equal quantity. Hate to say it, but I feel disappointment long term is the most likely outcome for Kyler.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That his year next year won't be great and that he won't be the same player. (good or bad)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM can fully recover.

The OL can successifully remake itself

Kyler can straighten out his attitude and be an agile quick-hitting, harpoon-armed QB

The GM and HC can continue to maintain a lethal receiving corps.

Injuries could be kept at the League-average or lower.

Cards could roll the dice and rebuild around a rookie QB (high risk time-wise but worth it if it works).

Or the HC, KM and their supporting cast can fail miserably and in 2-3 years it will be “back to the drawing board.”

Anything is possible, but good things won’t happen unti the right buttons are pushed by the right people.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I have to admit that I thought Murray was a winning lottery ticket when he come out of OU. A Superbowl championship waiting to happen.

Now, I'm not sure, which is sad, because I wonder how of things would have been different with a different coach. Plus, we wasted his rookie contract. It's weird because everything was okay up until the CHI game last year.

However... If he can get his head on right, and if the Cardinals coaches can create an environment where he's challenged to be better each day, and if they put good talent around him, including a good offensive line, then he can still be an MVP. He can still get us a ring. But I know that's a lot of "ifs", and that I'm probably in a pretty small minority now. Hopefully you guys don't think I'm crazy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jay Cutler when he was traded to Chicago but not for as long before he retires. It will be up and down with some moments of really good play but nothing consistent. Unless we make an amazing hire Kyler won't finish his contract in AZ.

Last edited:

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
First half of last year I thought he was on the verge of being a superstar. Since then I don’t know how to feel. But he did show the potential at one point. Time to put the right people around him to help him be the best player he can be. That really the only option we have right now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There now has been a lot of questioning about how Kyler will do without Kliff, but I’m honestly more intrigued how will Kyler do without Keim.

- No more drafting inside-linebackers very high.

- No more waiting until Day 3 to draft OLine & treating them like they don’t matter.

- No more trading draft capital away for bummy & short WRs.

- No more overpaying plodding RBs.

We get a GM that knows how to build a team in 2020s, we’ll get someone that will help everyone on the team for the foreseeable future.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There now has been a lot of questioning about how Kyler will do without Kliff, but I’m honestly more intrigued how will Kyler do without Keim.

- No more drafting inside-linebackers very high.

- No more waiting until Day 3 to draft OLine & treating them like they don’t matter.

- No more trading draft capital away for bummy & short WRs.

- No more overpaying plodding RBs.

We get a GM that knows how to build a team in 2020s, we’ll get someone that will help everyone on the team for the foreseeable future.
Solid points. While this thread is mostly understandably negative and Kyler doing himself no favors as well..

There is a chance we look back and realize just how held back Kyler was by Keim (Kliff to a lesser extent)

rusfletcher

Veteran
Reaction score
Since MB did the right think after making huge 5-year extension mistakes with SK and KK. I wonder if he's not thinking that KM may be the Albatros of mistakes and now is the time to draft one of the talented QB's at No. 3, if available. I hope KM returns and even improves on his first half of '21 form, but doubt he'll put in the time even if we get SP as our next HC.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Since MB did the right think after making huge 5-year extension mistakes with SK and KK. I wonder if he's not thinking that KM may be the Albatros of mistakes and now is the time to draft one of the talented QB's at No. 3, if available. I hope KM returns and even improves on his first half of '21 form, but doubt he'll put in the time even if we get SP as our next HC.
Dumb.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't have any. Whatever happens next season happens.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Do you think there are several head coaches of other teams who think, ¨ if only I had KM, I would turn him into a super star. Super Bowl here we come!¨

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose