What’s left? RB and CB

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind folks is that we will not likely sign bottom level free agents until after the second Tuesday following the NFL draft unless the player was cut. Maybe likely is a poor term. We shouldn't because doing so impacts our compensatory pick formula.
so he doesn't sign players to not affect possibile compensatory picks next year, just players being cut
Tha s why Fuller and adore Jackson are possible
Not exactly the best plan.

Considering it doesn't depend on his choices , can be called plan?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not exactly the best plan.
Only bad because you don't know who will become available but if you don't like whose out there, someone better could come along. You just have to pounce when that particular player becomes available because other teams may be waiting as well.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
All moves up until now suggest we’ll make a semi-big time CB signing/trade as it is the one glaring weakness left now. If not, I will be seriously perplexed. If we do as well as manage to trade down and draft Etienne or Harris or stay put if Pitts or good CB falls I will be elated.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Guessing Sherman on the cheap which I’d be in favor of if they’re not breaking the bank on a corner. I do worry about big personalities running the asylum with a pushover like Kliff.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guessing Sherman on the cheap which I’d be in favor of if they’re not breaking the bank on a corner. I do worry about big personalities running the asylum with a pushover like Kliff.
Would love to see sherman a Cardinal nice physical corner are hard to find

However isn't sherman almost Peterson age now?

Let's see what happens!!

Go cards

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
dont get the Sherman love

he is 100% a zone corner, and a quickly declining one at that

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
the Cards could sign lets say -- Casey Hayward and Gareon Conley -- and the board would have at best a collective "meh"

yet in all likelihood -- it will be an upgrade relative to what they had in 2020

thats how bad 2020 was
Completely disagreed, but okay. Hayward is just as cooked as the guy everyone was complaining about unless he has a rebound. Conley is garbage.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I'd sign leonard fournette. He's the bruiser we need. No idea on cb at this point. May as well bring back Kirkpatrick

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd sign leonard fournette. He's the bruiser we need. No idea on cb at this point. May as well bring back Kirkpatrick

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
With what money are we signing fournette? Aren’t we pretty much at the cap now?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Any remains money that can come from restructuring likely goes to a CB. RB is the easiest place to start a rookie plus there are always vet RB that can be signed for little.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Any remains money that can come from restructuring likely goes to a CB. RB is the easiest place to start a rookie plus there are always vet RB that can be signed for little.

Harry, people keep saying this about the Cards, but...you know how historically bad we've been at acquiring good RBs. What makes you think this year will be any different?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine a CJ new deal is incoming to extend him and free up CAP

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With what money are we signing fournette? Aren’t we pretty much at the cap now?

that’s 100% irrelevant and you know it. The Rams just signed somebody to a 70 million dollar contract when they were 30 million over in the last couple weeks. They turned around and restructured like six guys contracts sure… But if we really want somebody nothing stopping us there are ways to make room...

Harry

Reaction score
Harry, people keep saying this about the Cards, but...you know how historically bad we've been at acquiring good RBs. What makes you think this year will be any different?

I don’t believe you need a great running back to win. I like Edmonds, but agree you can’t use him regularly between the tackles. I think Benjamin may be useful. Give me a decent short yardage back who can pick up a blitz and I’m good.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I don’t believe you need a great running back to win. I like Edmonds, but agree you can’t use him regularly between the tackles. I think Benjamin may be useful. Give me a decent short yardage back who can pick up a blitz and I’m good.

Fair. I don't want us counting on Edmonds to be a #1, though.

Harry

Reaction score
Fair. I don't want us counting on Edmonds to be a #1, though.
I think he’s the regular 3rd down back when it’s not short yardage. Probably plays the majority of 1st downs, but comes out on downs they want the option of running between the tackles.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that’s 100% irrelevant and you know it. The Rams just signed somebody to a 70 million dollar contract when they were 30 million over in the last couple weeks. They turned around and restructured like six guys contracts sure… But if we really want somebody nothing stopping us there are ways to make room...

except our desire to do so, which we haven’t seen a lot of evidence of this off-season.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
except our desire to do so, which we haven’t seen a lot of evidence of this off-season.

True.. But we know something is coming the question is how much. They need to make room just for rookies alone. Then they have no choice but to sign some veteran CBs at some point. The question is who and where are they adjusting to get the extra cap room.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Then they have no choice but to sign some veteran CBs at some point. The question is who and where are they adjusting to get the extra cap room.
Honestly, not really. They could go UDFA/5th/7th rounders to fill a lot of these remaining roster spots and commit to Alford, Murphy, and a rookie as the top 3, with Jace Whittaker bringing up #4 and the next guys fighting for that last spot.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson