What’s left? RB and CB

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carson, Drake seem to be the best of the bunch.
Mike Davis, Duke Johnson and perhaps James Connor I would rate a notch below.
Bargain rate Damien Williams?

Anybody else?

CB. Your guess is as good as mine.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
At this point, with our draft pick situation, I would have to consider Carson, and I'm not even averse to Drake. I don't think we can make a rookie work.

As for CB, at this point, whatever. I guess Adoree Jackson or Malcolm Butler. Or a carton of expired eggs that we throw at the WR from the sideline. Whatever.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Carson, Drake seem to be the best of the bunch.
Mike Davis, Duke Johnson and perhaps James Connor I would rate a notch below.
Bargain rate Damien Williams?

Anybody else?

CB. Your guess is as good as mine.
backup QB

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I really thought Drake was awful last season. Im not sure why the board seems to hold him so high. He wouldnt even be an option on my list at any price. He never broke a tackle or showed any speed or vision last season. I acknowledge the line might not be great but 2 years ago he was making something out of nothing every play.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At CB give me Verrett & Rhodes and flier on Kevin King and see if he can make roster.

I'd bring in BJ Goodson or LJ Fort as we need another ILB.

Take a flier on Trai Turner to see if stint in SD was fluke.

Sign Sammy Watkins and Breshad Perriman, just in case Green goes down.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So actually considering the age and the future holes in the roster we must draft

WR
CB
OLB
RB
And this class of linemen is too good to pass

Trading down and add a couple of picks more

I would trade back in the 25/30 range adding a second and a fourth round picks

Teven jankins
Terrance Marshall
Campbell stokes or Asante Samuel with the extra second
Pass rusher in round 4
Rb in round 5
Best talent available in round 7 with both picks

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At CB give me Verrett & Rhodes and flier on Kevin King and see if he can make roster.

I'd bring in BJ Goodson or LJ Fort as we need another ILB.

Take a flier on Trai Turner to see if stint in SD was fluke.

Sign Sammy Watkins and Breshad Perriman, just in case Green goes down.
Verrett signed 1 year/5mil deal with 49ers

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really thought Drake was awful last season. Im not sure why the board seems to hold him so high. He wouldnt even be an option on my list at any price. He never broke a tackle or showed any speed or vision last season. I acknowledge the line might not be great but 2 years ago he was making something out of nothing every play.

i get he wasnt 2019 Drake but 4.0 ypc and 10TDs is hardly “awful” not in any sense of the word.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
RB isn’t a problem, there are plenty complimentary 2 down backs left. More will come available. Jackson is the best CB out there but we’ve traded with the Pats before. They’re aiming for the playoffs but they’ll give up Gilmore for our first as BB believes in his genius and loves to play the draft game.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RB isn’t a problem, there are plenty complimentary 2 down backs left. More will come available. Jackson is the best CB out there but we’ve traded with the Pats before. They’re aiming for the playoffs but they’ll give up Gilmore for our first as BB believes in his genius and loves to play the draft game.
I don’t see Keim trading our #1 pick.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

BB is not getting a #1 for Gilmore; at least not from AZ.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
0% chance we give up a 1st for Gilmore.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Verrett signed 1 year/5mil deal with 49ers
Man, so it may come down to trading for CB's then.

Sportrac doing a bad job of updating free agent status. As I type this looks like Xavier Rhodes, Kevin King, Mackensie Alexander, Adoree Jackson & Cam Sutton are the best options available.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RB’s
Chris Carson
Phillip Lindsay
Duke Johnson
James Conner
James White

CB’s
Adoree Jackson
Malcolm Butler
Richard Sherman
Xavier Rhodes
K’Waun Williams
Desmond King
Bashaud Breeland
Quinton Dunbar
Casey Hayward

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
RB’s
Chris Carson
Phillip Lindsay
Duke Johnson
James Conner
James White

CB’s
Adoree Jackson
Malcolm Butler
Richard Sherman
Xavier Rhodes
K’Waun Williams
Desmond King
Bashaud Breeland
Quinton Dunbar
Casey Hayward
There’s enough there to fill gaps. Not a lot of excitement, but gap fillers for sure.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adoree´ Jackson missed most of last season with an injury, but before that he was a great cornerback. Very high level. I thought it was wild that he was released, and there are speculations that it might be because of other things than just injury concern and budget reasons, but he would absolutely be worth taking a flier on if you can get him on a prove it-deal.

Malcolm Butler is okay. Not much more, but definitely serviceable.

Xavier Rhodes was great for several years, then completely broke down, but then kind of resurrected his career last season.

Butler and Rhodes would maybe have one or two good years left, whereas Jackson could (in the best-case scenario) be a long term solution.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyle Fuller has been fired by the Bears, and he immediately becomes the best cornerback on the market and would have been arguable the top ranked cornerback at the start of free agency, had he been available (along with William Jackson). This case is most likely identical to the one of Rodney Hudson where the team needs to change his deal to make it fit better with the salary cap restrictions, but he doesn’t really want it himself, hence the team has to release a great player. Why didn’t they trade him instead? I don’t know. I guess there could be several reasons. Out of respect for a player that have served them well for many years, like a J.J. Watt-release? I don’t know. Maybe.

If Keim gets Fuller, the cornerback spot instantly goes from pressing need to feasible.

Barring any unknown issues, I expect there to be a bidding war right now concerning both Fuller and Jackson that I have mentioned before.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know this thread is about FA, but I think we should also look at the Draft in filling the CB and RB spots. According to most mock drafts that I've read, finding a top RB, Etiene (Sp?) or Williams, come to mind in either the first or second round. But CB could be harder to fill in the Draft, if the experts are correct. The top three will probably be gone before we pick (16) so I'm assuming that we'll see Arizona sign a FA CB. Hopefully, it's someone who can do the job.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I know this thread is about FA, but I think we should also look at the Draft in filling the CB and RB spots. According to most mock drafts that I've read, finding a top RB, Etiene (Sp?) or Williams, come to mind in either the first or second round. But CB could be harder to fill in the Draft, if the experts are correct. The top three will probably be gone before we pick (16) so I'm assuming that we'll see Arizona sign a FA CB. Hopefully, it's someone who can do the job.

The problem is, you can't fill TWO starting CB spots in the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave