Welcome Josh Dobbs. Arizona trades a 5th round pick for Joshua Dobbs and a 7th round pick

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I get frustrated when there's negativity about everything. Not everything is terrible about this team.
I counter that most moves that surround a team tanking are negative. Nearly everything about this team is pretty terrible right now. That is what it is to structure your team to lose. You find solace in that it seems to be intentional. I do not.

EDIT: maybe solace is the wrong word. You seem indifferent about how things are done because of the intended end result. I am more concerned with how things are being done despite the intended end result.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. ANOTHER thread gone off the rails because people feel the need to attack the Darksiders instead of just talking football.

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Prater was 10th in the league in FG % including making 5 of 6 over 50 yards. He missed 3 FG's in 13 games. And he was 9th in average Kick off distance.

That's not average.
Find me a list of kickers ranked where he's in the top 15 - you'll be making your own. Cherry picking certain stats to say Prater is "akshually good" is peak #birdshitty football. Getting in arguments over whether Mond or Dobbs is less crap is peak #birdshitty football.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember we were 4-13 last year. We didn’t get to this point because of MO.
With the cap space, an injured Qb and a dog s*** roster he started out with I find it hard to blast the guy.

Koolaiders and darksiders all can make their points. No one, two , three or four moves was going to make this a playoff team. Yes there are some moves that might have gotten us one or two more wins.

Koolaiders will support the tear down and rebuild.
Darksiders will look for a better way to do just that.

Come next April when we have our picks, Kyler returning and cap space will be the time to rejoice/argue, point and counterpoint.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
and this is where I get frustrated. If people are frustrated by the negative tones of this board, be frustrated with the franchise that continues to provide the source for negativity. People on here are just reacting to what the franchise is doing.
It's such a weird dysfunctional relationship people have with sports teams, all of us to a degree. Krang is one of the most level headed and logical members that participates in the P and R fray, but the Cardinals turn him into an absolute fanatic. There is a reason "fans" is a derivative of fanatic - fandom makes people literally crazy.

As Cards fans, we've been "treated" to what amounts to be pretty much the worst fan experience in the NFL over the last 50 years. Yet you'll STILL find people willing to go to the mat non-stop defending their every move. Nothing is ever the fault of the people in charge, and it's all the people complaining which is why the Cards are always bad.

Insanity.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You have access to the forums. Dig it up yourself. Oh, I know, you want to be able to (and have others be able to) accuse us of things and then force us to do research to deflect accusations. Ha, no. The evidence is all over the board. Read it for yourself.

So you say.

Sounds like a certain orange monstrosity who says, 'Everybody knows, blah, blah, blah...' (lol)

SIRI: Something positive said by Darksiders?

- Would you please repeat?

SIRI: Something positive said by Darksiders?

- We're sorry, nothing was found. Please try again.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's such a weird dysfunctional relationship people have with sports teams, all of us to a degree. Krang is one of the most level headed and logical members that participates in the P and R fray, but the Cardinals turn him into an absolute fanatic. There is a reason "fans" is a derivative of fanatic - fandom makes people literally crazy.

As Cards fans, we've been "treated" to what amounts to be pretty much the worst fan experience in the NFL over the last 50 years. Yet you'll STILL find people willing to go to the mat non-stop defending their every move. Nothing is ever the fault of the people in charge, and it's all the people complaining which is why the Cards are always bad.

Insanity.

Insanity: people who disagree with me!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I counter that most moves that surround a team tanking are negative. Nearly everything about this team is pretty terrible right now. That is what it is to structure your team to lose. You find solace in that it seems to be intentional. I do not.

EDIT: maybe solace is the wrong word. You seem indifferent about how things are done because of the intended end result. I am more concerned with how things are being done despite the intended end result.
Yeah solace isn't the right word.

Acceptance is the right word. I avoided calling it a tank earlier because their were late spring and early summer moves that would tell you whether it was a tank or not. Those moves didn't happen, so it's absolutely a tank.

Where you see an error on the Simmons handling, I see a team that took their time to really evaluate whether they felt he could be a valuable piece and once they believed he wasn't going to be, they traded him for what they could get. Good, bad, indifferent, I don't think this move matters.

Even the Dobbs moves, the latest story was that Dobbs choose Cleveland because he wanted to be on a perceived better team. That's way different than how the situation was initially interpreted by many on this board. Players are human beings and I can fully understand not wanting to be on a 3 win team unless the money was substantially higher.

Even the Anderson trade there are clearly two sides, that the trade was good or the Cardinals should have taken Anderson because he is a generational talent. Anderson was not a universally considered generational talent and I read a number of really good talent evaluators who stated Anderson is not Bosa, he's not Myles Garrett, he's a good but not great NFL prospect. Now if the Cardinals end up with two really high picks and Anderson doesn't become a great player, the Cardinals absolutely made the right move. I guarantee Keim wouldn't have made that trade, he would have just taken Anderson, because Keim was enamored with flashy moves over substance.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Insanity.
I'm a fanatic? Wow.

I'd argue I'm the exact same guy as I am on the P&R forum.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm a fanatic? Wow.

I'd argue I'm the exact same guy as I am on the P&R forum.
For the Cardinals, yes. You take most criticism of the team personally, like you're defending a family member. It's all good, I ignore the snide comments and the insults because I know you're a good guy, but your objectivity goes out the window when the Redbirds are part of the equation.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Don’t think the new regime cares if Hollywood is Kylers dude as they have shown they will clean house and only a very small group of players are safe

Agreed.

It hasn't been proven that Kyler is part of the plan either.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
QQ

I am a :koolaid: lifer.

However, even I realize what is going on this season (we are going to be terrible) and agree with the plan.
Does that make me a darksider? :jedi:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
There is no proof of anything. Period.

But, it will cost the Cards an $81m 'dead money' hit to not have Kyler as part of the plan.

Nothing?

Mike B is burning cash - how much did he just burn with Keim and Kliff?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Man..... Fully off the rails!

I'm a proud darksider. Bidwill deserves nothing. Zero leash, zero anything at this point.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Such a short memory. Remember all those darksiders gladly eating crow in our undefeated start? We were gladly doing so, often. Where are you and the kool aiders when proven wrong? That's when the crickets come out. And darksiders can't point it out, because then we get hammered. Yinz kool aiders just want all happiness, all the time, no arguing with the regime, keep everything in line, and...it's laughable, really.
I remember I had difficulty watching darksiders groveling but they did. One of the few times they were dead wrong. Funny thing they ended up being right:)