Welcome Cam Johnson

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think they're going to look for a starting PF. Their priorities are a point guard and keeping Oubre, those 2 things, if they happen, will chew up all our space and then some.

Yep. Despite 1Suns' feeling, the Suns have their starting PF in "The Homie".

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yep. Despite 1Suns' feeling, the Suns have their starting PG in "The Homie".
I will say Booker's numbers were better when TJ was on the court. I do think he would be better as a 2 guard backing up Booker.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sticking to what I said before the draft. Everyone in this draft outside of Zion is a huge gamble so I’m not wasting any time complaining. Hope the kid is a sniper for the ages.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More raves for Cam Johnson.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Take it for what it is worth - spoke with a team that worked out Suns first round draft pick Cam Johnson pre-draft - said he was the best shooter they have seen since Klay Thompson. Said his workout was ridiculous based on his ability to catch and shoot.

4:03 PM - 27 Jun 2019

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
More raves for Cam Johnson.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

Take it for what it is worth - spoke with a team that worked out Suns first round draft pick Cam Johnson pre-draft - said he was the best shooter they have seen since Klay Thompson. Said his workout was ridiculous based on his ability to catch and shoot.

4:03 PM - 27 Jun 2019

But Thompson needed a Curry in order to be effective. We don't have a Curry...

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
come on 1 Sun. Someone sets a screen and someone passes the ball to the shooter, not that hard. If C. White could pass to Cam anyone can.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
come on 1 Sun. Someone sets a screen and someone passes the ball to the shooter, not that hard. If C. White could pass to Cam anyone can.

The problem is that Saric is too timid, frail and weak to set a hard screen. That leaves...Ayton, who we don't want stuck setting screens out at the three point line like last season's disaster.

Meanwhile, it also requires someone who can actually make the good pass to the shooter. Right now, the only passer we have on the roster is Saric, who as I just noted can't set screens.

Incidentally, Coby White is a better passer right now than Cory Joseph, Tyler Johnson, Melton, Okobo and Terry Rozier.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The problem is that Saric is too timid, frail and weak to set a hard screen. That leaves...Ayton, who we don't want stuck setting screens out at the three point line like last season's disaster.

Meanwhile, it also requires someone who can actually make the good pass to the shooter. Right now, the only passer we have on the roster is Saric, who as I just noted can't set screens.

Incidentally, Coby White is a better passer right now than Cory Joseph, Tyler Johnson, Melton, Okobo and Terry Rozier.
I think Ty Jerome is a better passer than Coby White, though.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He is. The question is whether Jerome will be able to handle the ball and defend at the NBA level given his extreme physical limitations.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He is. The question is whether Jerome will be able to handle the ball and defend at the NBA level given his extreme physical limitations.
I think he's able to handle the ball. The defense, I have seen some pretty sorry defenders in the NBA. There's guys who don't even try. Can't be any worse than any of those sad sacks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
If this team doesn't sign a good free agent then the only way I'll consider this off-season as not a train wreck is if Cam is by some miracle atleast A borderline all-star next season, that's the only thing I could think of to make up for the asinine antics I witnessed this draft
It still doesn't fill our primary needs at Power Forward and Point Guard, no matter how good or he could be at Small Forward.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He definitely is.

Jerome is a great shooter too. The problem with him is his complete inability to penetrate. This is the real limitation to his game - he was in the 2% in scoring from isolation.

I am very curious to see him play against NBA players. He could be a total bust, or maybe become a Brogdan type. Only time is going to tell.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
He definitely is.

Jerome is a great shooter too. The problem with him is his complete inability to penetrate. This is the real limitation to his game - he was in the 2% in scoring from isolation.

I am very curious to see him play against NBA players. He could be a total bust, or maybe become a Brogdan type. Only time is going to tell.
It looks like that's his style. Seems like he just probes the open areas, and doesn't seem to be eager to get in the lane.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
It looks like that's his style. Seems like he just probes the open areas, and doesn't seem to be eager to get in the lane.
As long as he can make the correct passes and hit his open shots he'll do fine , I'm not worried about him trying to penetrate the defense since the sun's have players who will do that , they just need people to set them up which he was able to do in college so should be ok in the NBA

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He definitely is.

And with all of the spot-up shooters on the roster (Bridges, Saric, Cam Johnson), the Suns desperately need a point guard that can penetrate and create.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard