Welcome Cam Johnson

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He seems like a good dude and I'm happy for him. I hope he proves everyone wrong, and that he doesn't get too much heat for the abysmal demonstration of resource management the Suns put on today.

Just imagine if he would have been the pick at #6, which I don't think is out of the question.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Either James Jones knows something that all the other GM's don't and cam is gonna be a star..... Or he's and absolute ******* moron .

My money is on the second, worst draft selection I've seen since bender, possibly even worse than bender honestly since I knew they were selecting dragan but this level of stupidity even shocked me

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Either James Jones knows something that all the other GM's don't and cam is gonna be a star..... Or he's and absolute ******* moron .

My money is on the second, worst draft selection I've seen since bender, possibly even worse than bender honestly since I knew they were selecting dragan but this level of stupidity even shocked me

Even if these guys end up being gang busters, the value exchange of these trades seems waaaaaaaaay off.

They must freaking loooooooove Cam Johnson.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Honestly I get the feeling jones turned the draft over to bower.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
If this team doesn't sign a good free agent then the only way I'll consider this off-season as not a train wreck is if Cam is by some miracle atleast A borderline all-star next season, that's the only thing I could think of to make up for the asinine antics I witnessed this draft

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He seems like a good dude and I'm happy for him. I hope he proves everyone wrong, and that he doesn't get too much heat for the abysmal demonstration of resource management the Suns put on today.

Just imagine if he would have been the pick at #6, which I don't think is out of the question.

That was nice and put some salve on the wounds

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bahaha I'm watching Coby White's reaction to Cam getting drafted at 11. Shocked would be an understatement lol. Not even his own teammate could believe he went that high. Wow.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An F hahahahhahahahahhahaa

You must be registered for see images attach

Did the GOATS make this pick? That is freaking hilarious. Totally missed that joke the first time I read that in the other threads.

OP
OP
DevonCardsFan

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Did the GOATS make this pick? That is freaking hilarious. Totally missed that joke the first time I read that in the other threads.

Hahahahaha had me dying from laughing and it's pretty sad at the Same time, that's a sig I'll use hahahah

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Nice highlights. He's got active hands on defense and NBA range. Still not worth the #11, but whatever.
I will fully admit that outside of like 5-6 players in this draft I don't know much else, but I have been hearing for months now how weak this draft is outside of the top 3 and how much of crap-chute everything is after that point.

While Cam may have been a serious reach at 11 I see no reason why he can't be one of the few solid NBA players (even if nothing more than a good role player) than the rest of the guys in this "crap-chute" of a draft.

The one trend I am seeing from the front office so far this year is that they are focusing on getting guys that have a really good chance of at least being solid role players who add much needed shooting to the team (Saric, Johnson, Jerome and Baynes who isn't much of a shooter, but a solid backup center). The only guy they are taking a flyer on is a guy that they had to give up no assets on in Lecque.

I am not arguing that it wasn't a reach or a bad move, but just pointing out that it may not be quite as bad as what I am hearing from the fans.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean cam is a good shooter but does he do anything else?

Yesterday felt like a hard rocky Balboa punch to the stomach...

This is how i imagine giants fan felt after drafting jones

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not as upset anymore at this pick, even at #6 the chances of drafting anyone who will impact the team in a positive manner was very low. The upsetting part is wasting a #11 pick when a #32 or so would have done the same job, and use the #11 for someone with more upside.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will fully admit that outside of like 5-6 players in this draft I don't know much else, but I have been hearing for months now how weak this draft is outside of the top 3 and how much of crap-chute everything is after that point.

While Cam may have been a serious reach at 11 I see no reason why he can't be one of the few solid NBA players (even if nothing more than a good role player) than the rest of the guys in this "crap-chute" of a draft.

The one trend I am seeing from the front office so far this year is that they are focusing on getting guys that have a really good chance of at least being solid role players who add much needed shooting to the team (Saric, Johnson, Jerome and Baynes who isn't much of a shooter, but a solid backup center). The only guy they are taking a flyer on is a guy that they had to give up no assets on in Lecque.

I am not arguing that it wasn't a reach or a bad move, but just pointing out that it may not be quite as bad as what I am hearing from the fans.
This made me laugh - so thanks!

I agree with you. I think people are mad because they want to be mad. I was expecting Clarke at 11, and he would have definitely filled a need by label, but the Suns also need shooters in the worst way. If Johnson can make teams think twice about doubling and tripling Booker when they are on the court together, then it is a win. The negatives on Clarke (size, shooting) make me think that he is going to take a while to be an actual (useful) PF in the NBA.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This made me laugh - so thanks!

I agree with you. I think people are mad because they want to be mad. I was expecting Clarke at 11, and he would have definitely filled a need by label, but the Suns also need shooters in the worst way. If Johnson can make teams think twice about doubling and tripling Booker when they are on the court together, then it is a win. The negatives on Clarke (size, shooting) make me think that he is going to take a while to be an actual (useful) PF in the NBA.

The only way Johnson and Booker are ever going to be on the court together is if Oubre is gone

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good story about the hip issue that bothered Johnson since highschool. How would have his college career gone had he not had the hip issue? Imagine trying to play ACC basketball with a painful hip condition

Roy Williams said today on Doug and Wolf that the surgeon expects it to continue to improve. Is it fair to judge him on his numbers prior to the surgery or as a fifth year senior?

If his hip is good now, this could be really interesting.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...n-north-carolina-tar-heels-better-hip-surgery

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His stats look good. Good shooter. Mature player. Will probably be a role player off the bench for his career, however long that might be.

Not very highly respected by draft pundits, but that is usually the case with seniors.

Got nothing more. On to free agency.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson