Week 9 Cardinals Off-season: 03/06/2023-03/12/2023

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his contract just rolls out as designed, only we don’t pay his salary and the salary doesn’t hit the cap.
That would be better, just under $2 million of the next 3 seasons.

OP
OP
R

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
the trade for Hudson was made with good intentions, but my god did this one blow up in the Cards face
Keim: Hey Mayock...tell me about this Hudson guy. I think we're interested in trading for him.
Mayock: He's awesome, but he really doesn't want to be here any longer and we think we have a good enough replacement. He really wants to play for the Chiefs and we're about to let him go, so he can sign with them.
Keim: Can we trade for him.
Mayock: Like I said, he really wants to play for the Chiefs.
Keim: Great, we'll take him. Our uniforms are red and white, too and we were in Missouri once, too...maybe he won't notice.
Mayock: Are you serious?
Keim: Serious enough to give you 2 draft picks.
Mayock: Sold!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I forgot Petzing was Thielens WR coach. He'd be a nice add at the right price because he's a guy Kyler can reply on to run the right route, be in the right place at the right time and catch the ball.

His 1000 yard days are over but he can fill the AJ Green 850 yards role.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I forgot Petzing was Thielens WR coach. He'd be a nice add at the right price because he's a guy Kyler can reply on to run the right route, be in the right place at the right time and catch the ball.

His 1000 yard days are over but he can fill the AJ Green 850 yards role.

Agreed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A good move, depending on if it simply pushed money into future years or not.

I think it always pushes money into future years? It's the only way to do it. Convert salary into bonus that's prorated into future years.

I'm surprised. I didn't expect them to plan much in FA. This most likely means they have deals incoming with Allen and/or Murph.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it always pushes money into future years? It's the only way to do it. Convert salary into bonus that's prorated into future years.

I'm surprised. I didn't expect them to plan much in FA. This most likely means they have deals incoming with Allen and/or Murph.
If it's for Allen and/or Murph, okay. If it's just to open up space to sign outside FAs this offseason, no bueno.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If it's for Allen and/or Murph, okay. If it's just to open up space to sign outside FAs this offseason, no bueno.

They already have $27m so seems weird to do it for no reason.

This feels like "Ok if we are re-signing this guy it takes our cap space down to $15m and we need to free up some more".

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
A good move, depending on if it simply pushed money into future years or not.
99.9% of these reworks simply push money into the future

basically they turn "salary" to be paid and recognized on the cap this year into a "bonus" that gets recognized for the cap ratably over the remainder of the deal

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're 3rd on the waiver wire

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose