Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Last season, Brissett and Murray shared similar passing concept trends, with around 20% of their throws coming out of play-action, about 80% from non-play-action and between 9-14% through screens

I thought JG was saying we would run a more varied offense. More play action I thought under center

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd bet heavily that Carolina is all in on drafting a QB this draft and will have to use most of theat draft capital to move up and grab one.

I think the Panthers are tired of playing long shots. They have tried the Teddy B's, Mayfields and Darnolds. I think they want a sure thing at QB and I don't think any of this QB draft class is a sure thing.

I think they look at this class and say "That's a lot to give up for a guy with X concerns". The only guy I think they might have interest in is Stroud.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Last season, Brissett and Murray shared similar passing concept trends, with around 20% of their throws coming out of play-action, about 80% from non-play-action and between 9-14% through screens

I thought JG was saying we would run a more varied offense. More play action I thought under center
Yeah, if we want to call a fake draw out of shotgun "play action."

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think the Panthers are tired of playing long shots. They have tried the Teddy B's, Mayfields and Darnolds. I think they want a sure thing at QB and I don't think any of this QB draft class is a sure thing.

I think they look at this class and say "That's a lot to give up for a guy with X concerns". The only guy I think they might have interest in is Stroud.
Rookie QBs are never a sure thing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TAGS for both positions are in the $18m range, and I doubt the CARDS want to negotiate with those numbers in the conversation.

A signed TAG guarantees the salary and can't be rescinded.
True. You are going to be dealing with 50M in guaranteed money for both players if re-signed I believe, so that number isn't crazy.