Week 7 2022: Heroes and Goats

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Actually, on second thought, the sparkly helmets looked pretty good. I think I've seen them in real life, and they don't look like anything. On TV, if you look hard at them, they do look like bowling balls, but if you're just casually watching or glancing at them, they're pretty sick.

You must be registered for see images attach

Deandre Hopkins, WR — Welcome back, Nuk! The broadcast team mentioned that Hopkins' special gift is his length. I think it's been underrated how consistently Hopkins bails out spotty passes with his catch radius and body control. Nuk accounted for more than half of our passing yards last night.

Marco Wilson, CB — A critical attribute of a cornerback is a short memory. Wilson had a rough start to the game and shook it off. Wilson wasn't a lockdown corner but he contained Olave and limited the damage — along with his first professional INT + TD. His enthusiasm is contagious; it's time to come up with a shoe-based celebration

D.J. Humphries, OT — The Captain was doing werk last night. The right side of the line had some challenges, but Humphries remains a rock who doesn't require a lot of additional help. He had some good highlights of moving to the second level on some of Eno Benjamin's good runs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kyler Murray, QB — OMG, how deep inside his own head must Kyler Murray be right now to be performing like this? Half of his passing attempts went to Deandre Hopkins; 72% of his attempts went to Nuk or running backs. This isn't playing NFL quarterback; it's Madden on rookie mode.

Rondale Moore, WR — The game log says Rondale Moore played 89% of the offensive snaps last night, but he couldn't have been more invisible outside of a red zone penalty. Two targets! It's hilarious to have Kirk Heirbstreet, the #1 pro football analyst who talks about peoples' college careers, mention that CFB fans are waiting for Moore to do something.

Billy Price, OC — This isn't super-fair to price because he's been on the roster for like two weeks. This guy is a former first-round pick, and people should remember this when they think about how supposedly low-risk first-round OL are. Price had a bad snap and poor communication created some bad opportunities. I'm sure he'll get better tho.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Eh.

The entire DB group were Heroe's in my mind. Big hits, turnovers, etc. The only real complaint I have with them is Murphy not getting over there on the 1st TD.

Kyler is certainly not a goat. Not a hero but not a goat. He made some big plays - missed some others.

Rondale Moore - he can't throw the ball to himself.

Billy Price - How did he do the rest of the game (blocking)? Honest question - I wasn't watching him.

Zaven Collins continues to get better...I think he was our leading tackler yesterday. He was active.

Goat - AJ Green

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Price had a bad snap and a penalty but the key to me is that he wasn't constantly getting thrown into the backfield by the DL.

He's not the long term answer hopefully Lecitus Smith is or we draft a C, but for a first start on a short week he did ok IMO

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
DJ Hump

2020 he was a top 5 rated LT and ascending

2021 he regressed. covid? injury? shuffling o line mates?

2022 back on the 2020 track, but in 2020 he had one play a game where it he got beat bad off the snap -- havent seen that this year. underrated run blocker

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wilson was literally dragged into the end zone, gave up another TD and was a big reason Olave had the second highest yardage total of his career. The pick 6 that landed in his hands due to his bad coverage really covered up a lot of his mistakes.

Simmons, however, made a ridiculously athletic play on his pick 6 that only a handful of other NFL players could make. I would put him on the hero list before Marco.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Id be curious if anyone really watched Price, Ford, simmons, and zaven. Anyone closely watch any of those guys?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At lease Kyler when knew how to throw the ball away instead of taking a loss...oh wait
In the context of last game, why is this getting harped on so much?

If Kyler would have threw the ball away, the clock would have been stopped, which is the LAST thing the offense needed to do. He took a loss on the play, but he stayed in bounds & kept the clock rolling.

If anything, blame the HC for calling 253 pass plays in a row despite being up 35-17 in the 4th quarter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the context of last game, why is this getting harped on so much?

If Kyler would have threw the ball away, the clock would have been stopped, which is the LAST thing the offense needed to do. He took a loss on the play, but he stayed in bounds & kept the clock rolling.

If anything, blame the HC for calling 253 pass plays in a row despite being up 35-17 in the 4th quarter.
the little things this team does, or more to the point, does not do, are really annoying. this isn't a big deal, but when we were up 18 in the fourth, we had a punt with about 10 minutes left... and we punted with like 26 seconds left on the playclock. why are we rushing to get a punt away there instead of bleeding half a minute?

it's just not a very smart team, from top to bottom.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose