Week 6 2022: Heroes and Goats

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And few QBs or RBs can be successful when the defensive tackles are picking up your center and using him as a battering ram against you.

Watching the tape again, Harlow and Garcia absolutely murdered our offense in every way. Run and pass game. Harlow was the worse of the two. With Kyler, those interior OL spots are more crucial than the tackles, IMO. He deals with edge pressure very well, and struggles with interior pressure.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the tape again, Harlow and Garcia absolutely murdered our offense in every way. Run and pass game. Harlow was the worse of the two. With Kyler, those interior OL spots are more crucial than the tackles, IMO. He deals with edge pressure very well, and struggles with interior pressure.

Watch the Eagles game again too same thing with harlow he was absolute mauled in the first half. In the 2nd half we gave him more help but mainly Kyler just got the ball out quick because he knew Harlow was overmatched.

The guy is just way too small

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KK’s approach leaves no room for adjusting to injuries to key players.

Key players have been injured and KK couldn’t get off the ground.

As a head coach, KK appears to be FUBAR. Results matter. Be ready to pull the trigger and fire him if the ship doesn’t right itself quick. Be ready for Armaggedon at year’s end.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Not absolving K1 for missing throws he should have made yesterday (or made at least a % of them), but god love them, Harlow and Garcia are a significant part of the offense's problem. 100%.

Don't get too worried @GoldGloveschmidt. K1 isn't going anywhere, and I think Keim will try to rebuild the oline for the 2023 season. It will help a lot.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not absolving K1 for missing throws he should have made yesterday (or made at least a % of them), but god love them, Harlow and Garcia are a significant part of the offense's problem. 100%.

Don't get too worried @GoldGloveschmidt. K1 isn't going anywhere, and I think Keim will try to rebuild the oline for the 2023 season. It will help a lot.

Harlow is a problem, but they are both backups and you would expect backups not to be great. It's why they aren't starters.

I would rather start Smith at C than Harlow. Harlow is a dead end.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Harlow and Garcia are so bad it's almost impossible to scheme around them. Again, a complete failure to insure against unreliable starters.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Harlow and Garcia are so bad it's almost impossible to scheme around them. Again, a complete failure to insure against unreliable starters.
90% of the NFL would be saying this if they were missing a starting guard and center.

And the Cardinals literally tried to insure against this. It's the NFL, it happens. Look at the shape the Rams are in on the OL.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harlow is a problem, but they are both backups and you would expect backups not to be great. It's why they aren't starters.

I would rather start Smith at C than Harlow. Harlow is a dead end.

On my fantasy thing for this week it says Kyler has been pressured on 22% of his snaps this year which is a career high, even though his average time to release the ball is at a career low. My guess is that most of that is since harlow started because Hudson got hurt.

I get that Harlow is a backup but it's another example of Keim and frankly Kliff not having a plan or not having a plan that makes sense. You can still read the article in camp when we had Billy Price in but didn't sign him and it said Lecitus Smith is taking snaps at C to be more versatile and it literally said in there the Cards think Harlow is just too small, listed at 284 pounds and he's just not strong enough to handle NFL interior linemen.

And yet when the season started our options at C were Hudson who wanted to retire, Pugh who's never played C before and wanted to retire, Lecitus Smith a rookie who's never played C, and Harlow. Frank Sanders said he hears Harlow got kept for one reason, he's the best shotgun snapper of the 4 because Pugh and Smith were still learning to play C and they were very concerned they couldn't handle shotgun snaps.

So either draft or sign someone that can, or change the offense that Kliff has ran his entire career so you don't HAVE to be in the gun so much?

So by default because of the longer snap our actual backup C was the guy the staff was telling people in camp isn't strong enough to play C in the NFL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that explains why AI didn't get much hate.
AI was a second round pick. Eno was a SEVENTH round pick.

Between this and “our offense put the team in position to block a punt for a TD”, you are really nailing a new level of inanity so far today!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On my fantasy thing for this week it says Kyler has been pressured on 22% of his snaps this year which is a career high, even though his average time to release the ball is at a career low. My guess is that most of that is since harlow started because Hudson got hurt.

I get that Harlow is a backup but it's another example of Keim and frankly Kliff not having a plan or not having a plan that makes sense. You can still read the article in camp when we had Billy Price in but didn't sign him and it said Lecitus Smith is taking snaps at C to be more versatile and it literally said in there the Cards think Harlow is just too small, listed at 284 pounds and he's just not strong enough to handle NFL interior linemen.

And yet when the season started our options at C were Hudson who wanted to retire, Pugh who's never played C before and wanted to retire, Lecitus Smith a rookie who's never played C, and Harlow. Frank Sanders said he hears Harlow got kept for one reason, he's the best shotgun snapper of the 4 because Pugh and Smith were still learning to play C and they were very concerned they couldn't handle shotgun snaps.

So either draft or sign someone that can, or change the offense that Kliff has ran his entire career so you don't HAVE to be in the gun so much?

So by default because of the longer snap our actual backup C was the guy the staff was telling people in camp isn't strong enough to play C in the NFL.

He's at 21.1% which is about 0.5% above is career average but...

That's massively distorted by the Chiefs game which was the most pressured game of his career at 65%. Highest by far.

But the other 5 games have only been around 16%. 4 of those 5 have only been 11%.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AI was a second round pick. Eno was a SEVENTH round pick.

Between this and “our offense put the team in position to block a punt for a TD”, you are really nailing a new level of inanity so far today!
Except that I was replying to a post that said that Eno was a 3rd string RB. His draft status wasn't mentioned.