Week 17-Arizona Cardinals @ LA Rams Pregame Thread. 2019

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you think they haven't thought of that already? It was clearly the most popular game plan against Kyler. Personally, I thought it was better for Kyler than teams that were aggressive and blitzed more.

If I was defending Kyler, i would say get in his face ASAP so he has a hard time seeing WRs. And contain hard on the outside.
The difference now is we have a threat of a running game. That will help. Throw in a couple of screens and draws will help.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference now is we have a threat of a running game. That will help. Throw in a couple of screens and draws will help.

With a running game, including the fact Kyler is a big part of the run game, our offense would be a handful for any DC to game plan for next season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I hope Kyler Murray plays. I don't want to have durability discussions / concerns with him over the off-season. I also want to see him play through discomfort which he has said he doesn't like to do.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Do you think they haven't thought of that already? It was clearly the most popular game plan against Kyler.

i guess my point is that those defenses have been moderated by the threat of him running

can he play an efficient game with a low threat of him running

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hope Kyler Murray plays. I don't want to have durability discussions / concerns with him over the off-season. I also want to see him play through discomfort which he has said he doesn't like to do.
When the games matter(playoff implications), sure.

Absolutely no reason to play him this game. Also can’t wait to see if Hundley can capitalize on his momentum from last week to be sure we have a QB2.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
12/27/19, 12:39 PM
Cardinals QB Kyler Murray will be a game-time decision as he continues to deal with a right hamstring injury, coach Kliff Kingsbury said Friday. “I’m not sure he’ll be ready to go,” Kingsbury said. Brett Hundley has been getting more reps in practice than Murray, Kingsbury said.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think the Rams are going to blow us out if they come to play, we just do not match up well at all against them in the trenches and they have shown that again and again... but you're damn right I would love to be wrong for a win :)

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Rams are going to blow us out if they come to play, we just do not match up well at all against them in the trenches and they have shown that again and again
I can’t buy into that. SF are better in the trenches on both offense & defense, yet, we took them to the wire in both games. I really just think our constant biting on their rollouts just kills us. Lack of discipline.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I can’t buy into that. SF are better in the trenches on both offense & defense, yet, we took them to the wire in both games. I really just think our constant biting on their rollouts just kills us. Lack of discipline.

I think we just match up well against the Niners and do not against the Rams, talent/scheme etc. These are division games and regardless of team records outside of the division, these match ups have their quirks. The Rams have elements in their talent upfront which the Cardinals simply cannot deal with, though on paper one might say the Niners have more talent... Shipley getting owned by Donald is one which removes the rock which causes the avalanche

Reactions: PJ1

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
When the games matter(playoff implications), sure.

Absolutely no reason to play him this game. Also can’t wait to see if Hundley can capitalize on his momentum from last week to be sure we have a QB2.
I think it means more for a guy who went #1 and the franchise has banked on. But, I get the other argument. I think you do it now so you can learn how to best do it later when it really matters.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard