Week 13 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 04/01/24-04/07/24

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just over three weeks until the NFL draft! Those who know don't talk; those who talk don't know.

This is the time when the pro days are complete *unless you count Yale*, and teams are headed back to HQ to do cross-checks and start stacking their boards. It's good to remember that most GMs don't have much to say about picks after the fifth round; they're focus is on managing the team and roster construction.

Be really surprised if there was a third-wave FA signing before the draft, but maybe someone's market collapses between then and now.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just over three weeks until the NFL draft! Those who know don't talk; those who talk don't know.

This is the time when the pro days are complete *unless you count Yale*, and teams are headed back to HQ to do cross-checks and start stacking their boards. It's good to remember that most GMs don't have much to say about picks after the fifth round; they're focus is on managing the team and roster construction.

Be really surprised if there was a third-wave FA signing before the draft, but maybe someone's market collapses between then and now.
You must be registered for see images attach

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
They beat us 53-23 in aggregate last year but okay. I know they lost Aaron Donald but he’s not worth 15 ppg.

I agree of course but I'm specifically talking W/L They could drop from 10 wins to eight, while we could win maybe nine games this season. They were 19th in scoring defense last year and now that Donald is gone...

Not saying it will be easy to overtake LA, that's why I didn't go too far out on the limb, ha.

It's weird that Stafford started really slow last year, but caught fire as the season went on. I guess maybe that's because of the emergence of Nacua.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Michael’s dumb press release cost him three million bucks.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Michael’s dumb press release cost him three million bucks.

this is why corporations typically issue bland statements in response to being accused of bad things

whoever that PR consultant Mike used ought to be sued for malpractice

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
this is why corporations typically issue bland statements in response to being accused of bad things

whoever that PR consultant Mike used ought to be sued for malpractice
That may actually be a thing - there are "errors & omissions" related liabilities and insurance coverage for a wide variety of professional organizations, including consultants

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have a reasonable chance to climb to 2nd place in the NFC West.

The Rams have had our number the last several seasons but they seem like they're fading.
How are the Rams fading… especially in regards to us being better than them next year? They won the title two years ago, faded for one injury-mared follow up season, and are already on the way back up, getting back to the playoffs last year on the backs of two great new young stars on offense to go with Cupp, while Stafford bounced back from injury.

Losing Donald will no doubt hurt, but I’ve seen very little to show me that we’ve all of a sudden risen above a team that’s owned us forever and was a playoff team last year.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How are the Rams fading… especially in regards to us being better than them next year? They won the title two years ago, faded for one injury-mared follow up season, and are already on the way back up, getting back to the playoffs last year on the backs of two great new young stars on offense to go with Cupp, while Stafford bounced back from injury.

Losing Donald will no doubt hurt, but I’ve seen very little to me that we’ve all of a sudden risen above a team that’s owned us forever and was a playoff team last year.
I don't think all is rosey with the Rams. They remained pretty darn healthy last and they lost a player who is in the conversation for best non-QB in the NFL. Stafford isn't getting younger and they look to be a year to year team at best at this point.

I do agree that the Cardinals are at least a year away.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Like in 2022
You are better than this. Mcvay has 6 seasons with a winning record and the one you referenced. Overall 70 wins vs. 45 losses.
I guess you got me and I should have said almost always has them in the running. I'm sure you wouldn't want him as the Cards HC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't disagree, but even the best need talent.

Losing Aaron Donald off of what was a middling defense last year, doesn't inspire confidence. Donald was their best player and it wasn't even close.
True. Their defense will take a step back. But if stafford stays healthy (a big if, but I mean, that’s the case for most QBs) their offense should improve with a healthy cupp and with puka and kyren having another season under their belts.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
True. Their defense will take a step back. But if stafford stays healthy (a big if, but I mean, that’s the case for most QBs) their offense should improve with a healthy cupp and with puka and kyren having another season under their belts.
Their offense was already really good.

And Kupp hasn't exactly been healthy for awhile now and is about to turn 31. He was older when he was drafted so he's probably about to hit the wall.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn