Wednesday game

Reaction score
While, I'm optimistic that the Suns will play well Wednesday, I think they are in a much more delicate situation than Dallas. If Stoudemire gets in foul trouble early...game over. In fact, if I was Dallas, I'd send everyone and his Mother at Amare to draw fouls. Dallas doesn't have this disadvantage. They are much deeper and rely on more players for their scoring. Although getting Dampier in foul trouble opens things up a lot. In fact, anyone who gets in foul trouble for Phx could spell doom.

Keys to the game:
-Play defense, get somewhere close to an equivalent number of rebounds that Dallas gets.
-Amare stays out of foul trouble, becomes a rebounding monster and finds a way to get Dampier in foul trouble. Attacks the basket on offense.
-Outside shooting improves
-Get something/anything from the bench
-Pllay Hunter more. It will help rebounding, help stop the relentless layups from Dallas (especially if Amare is in there as well), get more stops, etc..
-Get a typical Marion night. Not a sub-par performance.

any other thoughts?

mribnik

Reaction score
Ugh, why couldn't the game have been today? I have a 6-8:50 pm political science class on wednesdays. What a bunch of crap! Everyone in the chat will have to do without me :)

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We feel the loss of Joe Johnson more and more with each passing game. He used to provide defense on a consistent basis. His absence magnifies Steve Nash's utterly futile defense and makes us play three or four against five on the defensive end of the court.

We need another fast start. A slow start puts us at their mercy again, giving them reason to fight hard to keep the game half court.

I've changed my mind. I think we'll lose the series. We miss Joe Johnson too much.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
We feel the loss of Joe Johnson more and more with each passing game. He used to provide defense on a consistent basis. His absence magnifies Steve Nash's utterly futile defense and makes us play three or four against five on the defensive end of the court.

We need another fast start. A slow start puts us at their mercy again, giving them reason to fight hard to keep the game half court.

I've changed my mind. I think we'll lose the series. We miss Joe Johnson too much.

Wow, good news. :thumbup:

:D

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Sunday's game was a bit of a shock to me, arguably our worst performance of the entire year. We never really had a chance either, rarely being down by less than ten. Big game coming up tomorrow, hopefully we'll see a little different effort.

Amare32

STAT man
Reaction score
Got to keep fighting and bring plenty of energy. Back home the crowd will be on our side. We should get game 5

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

I don't think Steve Nash is a great defender by any stretch of the imagination. However in this series his defense has been just fine. He definitely doesn't have the physical tools of some of the better defenders at his position. However he puts forth 110% effort virtually every time down the floor. I would go as far as to say that his defense in this series has been good. It definitely hasn't been "utterly futile".

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

I am really tired of people saying that Steve Nash's so-called lack of defense is a reason why we're tied 2-2. His defense has been fine--Jason Terry hasn't had a breakout game yet. Frankly, it has nothing to do with how we've played in our losses--and it just makes the person who said it look naive. I wonder, Skkorp, if you've actually watched the games.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I agree, that I have at times been frustrated by Nash's defense, but this series, he has done just fine. We are just a different team without JJ, I don't think many people other than true fans realize this. (ie the bandwaggoners and the national media)

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
I agree, that I have at times been frustrated by Nash's defense, but this series, he has done just fine. We are just a different team without JJ, I don't think many people other than true fans realize this. (ie the bandwaggoners and the national media)

We are an incomplete team without Johnson. All season the Suns success has been based on 5 starters. It is really not the same team with one of them missing.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score

hammer on the nail! This Suns team is an entirely different team when they start strong.