We will lose next week vs Philly

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
On one level I get the frustration

It was a VERY conservative game plan-- particularly in the second half. I almost thought that Palmers shoulder had been dinged in the first half and Riana was babying him a bit. -- and then he threw that ball to Smoke Brown in the 4th quarter for a huge 3rd down conversion.

But that drive in the 3rd where they just jammed it down the Raiders throat was a thing of brutal beauty.

Yes! All of this.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This is probably the easiest of our remaining tough games (of which there are many).

Over-rated offense and fairly useless defense. Contain Sproles, stop the run and score some points.

The end.

I hate this thread.

Depends on if they get their OL back.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Calling my shot now. If Arians keeps up his best Whiz impression with this garbage play calling. We will not keep up with a real offense of we don't figure out how to use all of our alleged weapons. Especially with our lazy corners #21 and #31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whatever

Last edited:
OP
OP
splitsecond

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Regardless I will be at the game screaming my face off. I look forward to coming home with a hangover only to find this thread bumped for humor.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This simple and no one can argue this. If we lose against Philly, it is safe to say it will not be due to BA calling plays or Bowles with a poor game plan because our season so far says they call some of the best games we have seen. If we lose, this post will still be wrong because it will be due to injuries and a lack of talent then and not play calling

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Calling my shot now. If Arians keeps up his best Whiz impression with this garbage play calling. We will not keep up with a real offense of we don't figure out how to use all of our alleged weapons. Especially with our lazy corners #21 and #31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So fail...

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This simple and no one can argue this. If we lose against Philly, it is safe to say it will not be due to BA calling plays or Bowles with a poor game plan because our season so far says they call some of the best games we have seen. If we lose, this post will still be wrong because it will be due to injuries and a lack of talent then and not play calling

Very good point made here. This coaching staff has earned way more respect than shown in the OP.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
Is this a serious post?

HEY! Why screw things up now?! THESE posts are working. A new coaching staff, have played 3 QB's in a short season and the Cardinals are ahh, you know....playing pretty well.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right?

5-1 for the first time since 76. I was four and didn't even KNOW what a football was.

Step away from the ledge and smile a bit. Enjoy the moment. Could it all turn to crap? Yeah. But not today. Not today.

I was 11. And I'll never forget it. Our(or Coryell's) inability to beat the Redskins cost us a playoff spot even though we went 10-4. That was a talented team. Sadly, it all went to pot in week 11 in 1977 and it didn't get better until 1998.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Pretty funny that every team the Cards have played, other than Oakland, has a higher rated offense than Philly.

No way they can keep up with them either.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I was 11. And I'll never forget it. Our(or Coryell's) inability to beat the Redskins cost us a playoff spot even though we went 10-4. That was a talented team. Sadly, it all went to pot in week 11 in 1977 and it didn't get better until 1998.

I SO hated the Redskins in those days.

I still maintain that '76 team was actually the best of the Coryell teams.

wembley88

A Grand Old Team
Reaction score
If we win this weekend I'm dragging my Super Bowl bandwagon out the garage for a good clean

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I'm worried about the Defensive backs if Peterson can't cover the raiders WR without grabbing we are in trouble our DB play has been underwhelming. The only above average offense we have played is SD at home in the season opener. Every other offense besides SD who ranks 9th ranks In the bottom half of the league in ppg. Philly is 8 points better per game than the next team after SD we have beat which is SF. Cro an PP need to step up.

In case anyone was wondering the cards rank 31st in passing defense allowing 284 passing yards per game only better than TB

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm worried about the Defensive backs if Peterson can't cover the raiders WR without grabbing we are in trouble our DB play has been underwhelming. The only above average offense we have played is SD at home in the season opener. Every other offense besides SD who ranks 9th ranks In the bottom half of the league in ppg. Philly is 8 points better per game than the next team after SD we have beat which is SF. Cro an PP need to step up.

In case anyone was wondering the cards rank 31st in passing defense allowing 284 passing yards per game only better than TB
That's because they have about 7 TD's in special teams and defensive returns. Their offense has really been pretty pedestrian. Foles and McCoy haven't, as of yet, lived up to their pre-season expectations.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
That's because they have about 7 TD's in special teams and defensive returns. Their offense has really been pretty pedestrian. Foles and McCoy haven't, as of yet, lived up to their pre-season expectations.

So isn't it scary that they have put up 30ppg without foles and McCoy playing as expected. Plus we get them coming off the bye. Btw philly only has 3 defensive TD and 2 ST TDs one PR and one KR. On the whole that's only 3 more than us which equates to 3.5 more ppg which is still 5 points more per game than us.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our ST's have to be ready for this game. Can't let them have good field position or easy scores.