We need to become HUGE JETS fans this week

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Jets win this week over Carolina we actually have a really good shot of getting in the playoffs even if we lose to Seattle!

49ers must go 11-5.

But the crazy thing is....we have to beat either Seattle or San Fran in this scenario...So if we win either game we get in.

I know this was stated earlier.....but playing with the Playoff machine on ESPN....there are quite a few scenarios to get in...even at 9-7!!!! If Carolina loses out we can go 1-2 and get in if Philly beats Dallas in Final game!

Far fetched but it shows we have chances...but the biggest game of the year in all honesty is the Jets against Carolina. The Jets are capable.

If Tampa Beats San Fran...than whoa we can easily get 5th seed!!!

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Panthers are 11 point favorites at home, but at least the Jets are still alive with something to play for. Maybe rain or snow will help. We just gotta' keep winning.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Carolina also finishes on the road at Atlanta. Any division road game is usually a tough one. It would have helped the Cards if Seattle could've held on last week.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
No!

We need to beat the Titans, then move on to week 16 then go from there :D

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough physical loss for Seattle in SF, now there off to the east coast. We may have a chance up there.

TheCardinal

Veteran
Reaction score
If the Jets win this week over Carolina we actually have a really good shot of getting in the playoffs even if we lose to Seattle!

49ers must go 11-5.

But the crazy thing is....we have to beat either Seattle or San Fran in this scenario...So if we win either game we get in.

I know this was stated earlier.....but playing with the Playoff machine on ESPN....there are quite a few scenarios to get in...even at 9-7!!!! If Carolina loses out we can go 1-2 and get in if Philly beats Dallas in Final game!

Far fetched but it shows we have chances...but the biggest game of the year in all honesty is the Jets against Carolina. The Jets are capable.

If Tampa Beats San Fran...than whoa we can easily get 5th seed!!!

But if Tampa Bay beats SF, the 49ers could ruin our tie-breaker at 10-6 against Carolina. . . it really is tough to know who to root for in that game (a draw would be best). At 10-6 we would need any loss by either CHI/DET + any loss by either DAL/PHI before their week 17 meeting (or a Philly win in the finale).

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
No!

We need to beat the Titans, then move on to week 16 then go from there :D

No! we can talk all we want because we don't actually play for the Cardinals and our talking has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of any of the remaining games.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is just as probable the Bucs beat the Niners in TB, as it is the Jets winning in Carolina.

Obviously, neither is likely. But, more surprising upsets than those happen every year. I have my fingers crossed that one of those games goes our way.

Of course, it's even more probable that we lose in Tenn than either one.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it is just as probable the Bucs beat the Niners in TB, as it is the Jets winning in Carolina.

Obviously, neither is likely. But, more surprising upsets than those happen every year. I have my fingers crossed that one of those games goes our way.

Of course, it's even more probable that we lose in Tenn than either one.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. If the Cards lose to the Titans then I will be shocked. BA has the team believing and the locker room has it's stinking minds right.

I get that an east coast road game is difficult and it will be cold. I also think BA has this team learning how to win and every setback is a teaching moment and the lesson is learned.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Carolina also finishes on the road at Atlanta. Any division road game is usually a tough one. It would have helped the Cards if Seattle could've held on last week.

The Jets have NO chance in Carolina. The Carolina D will destroy Geno. But I do think that Atlanta can beat Carolina in the season finale in Atlanta! Our best shot is to beat Tennessee & Niners & Carolina loses to Saints & Falcons.

8ndkorner

Registered
Reaction score
No! we can talk all we want because we don't actually play for the Cardinals and our talking has no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of any of the remaining games.

Sure, YOU don't play for the Cardinals. But don't speak for the rest of us. :moon:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Of course, it's even more probable that we lose in Tenn than either one.[/QUOTE]

Disagree. If the Cards lose to the Titans then I will be shocked. BA has the team believing and the locker room has it's stinking minds right.

I get that an east coast road game is difficult and it will be cold. I also think BA has this team learning how to win and every setback is a teaching moment and the lesson is learned.

:bang:

http://distancesonline.com/Nashville,TN/Greenville,NC

:D

Last edited:

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I was stationed in KY for two years which is due north of TN and due S of Indiana. Tenn is considered to be part of the midwest. They're not an east coast team.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't expect the Cardinals to make the playoffs, but I still consider this season to be a very good one, no matter our final record. Their future, imo, is bright.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I just went through the playoff machine, picked who I figured would win (only "homer" pick was we win the 9ers game, have us losing the Hawks game). The only game I had to change to get us in was the Eagles at Dallas. Had Dallas winning, but Eagles winning that game put us in. So there is hope....

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's an hour away from it. :D

Yeah, Now that you mention that I guess it's not so cut and dried that it's in the midwest since about half of TN is in the eastern time zone and the other half is in the central.

Having spent 9 years in the Army I tend to think of time using longitudes (GMT, or more often called by the military Zulu time) For some reason American time zones don't seem to run that way. Or time zones in other countries for that matter. So while Indiana is actually in the Eastern time zone it's still considered part of the midwest and while Texas is in the Central time zone we call it part of the southwest even though it seems the middle longitude of the United States runs almost directly through the middle of it. Therefore designations of West, Mountain, Central and Eastern seems to me to be more arbitrary than not.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Jets have NO chance in Carolina. The Carolina D will destroy Geno. But I do think that Atlanta can beat Carolina in the season finale in Atlanta! Our best shot is to beat Tennessee & Niners & Carolina loses to Saints & Falcons.
I agree. I think the Saints beat them again and it comes down to week 17 with us versus SF at home and them at Atlanta.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
I for one wouldn't be counting on Atlanta much considering the way they've been playing this year. Although one can hope!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I don't expect the Cardinals to make the playoffs, but I still consider this season to be a very good one, no matter our final record. Their future, imo, is bright.

I don't know how I'd feel if they ended up 11-5 and didn't make the playoffs.

:?: