We are stuck with Keim, Kliff and Kyler for a long time...

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
All have new multi year contracts (as everyone is well aware) - so no one is going anywhere.

Due to this leadership structure I fear we might be looking at a middling team for awhile: not good enough to compete with the upper echelon, but not bad enough to successfully rebuild via the draft.

Maybe it's still a bit early and harsh to include Kyler as part of this trio... but there is a definite list of QB's I would choose before him if I was starting a new team at this point.

Anyway... carry on, and perhaps all of this is just pent up disgust from the terrible game this afternoon.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
All have new multi year contracts (as everyone is well aware) - so no one is going anywhere.

Due to this leadership structure I fear we might be looking at a middling team for awhile: not good enough to compete with the upper echelon, but not bad enough to successfully rebuild via the draft.

Maybe it's still a bit early and harsh to include Kyler as part of this trio... but there is a definite list of QB's I would choose before him if I was starting a new team at this point.

Anyway... carry on, and perhaps all of this is just pent up disgust from the terrible game this afternoon.

Nope. You are absolutely correct. Keim, Kliff and the overindulged baby “Kyler“ are here through 2024

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
No, not pent up disgust, but a sad, gloomy reality. MB somehow figured locking up these guys would help the team. If it does, they sure didn’t show anything of value today. And the worst part is that because he signed a 5-year extension, KK could go 2-15 this season and keep his job.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We could be looking at a flailing franchise over the next 4 years. All the things most of us are evaluating at shortcomings are LOCKED IN PLACE!
A below par GM in all phases of a GM’s job description with the exception of trades which are needed because of his poor drafting.
A coach that thinks being cool and nice is what is most important. A country club atmosphere where nobody is EVER called out. A coach who said this was like our first preseason game who decided to play nobody in preseason.
A Qb who is not as good as he thinks he is. Who thinks athletic ability is enough to get by. Maybe in college bruh, not in the NFL. He’s a Qb who has yet to look comfortable whenever things get a little harry. He has yet to prove he knows his hot reads, often doesn’t see open secondary receivers, dislikes going under Center which would help when trying play action. Has a terrible body language when things aren’t going right. Oh and a Qb who has been very richly rewarded before learning his trade.

Yes we are stuck for the Triple K boys for a very long time.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't zzz ton thanks kliff kyler kiem for a awful showing

Not sure but I'll stomach all cards losses this season won't be fun though lol

Already had two three glasses of wine help ease pain ton

But God 5 to 6 yrs kliff and mini Murray system is soooooo meh

Just a sad night and bit tipsy sorry on negative thoughts :(

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Contracts working just if followed by results
The owner can't be changed but if the team finish with one of the worst record Bidwill can't just get away firing Joseph

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Maybe MB is positioning to sell the franchise? With revenues expected to exponentially increase, perhaps he locked in at todays rate with the key pieces (and got dad into the ring) in hopes of capitalizing in the next 3-5 yrs. You have to figure with the increase revenue comes a greatly increased worth of the franchise.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I still just don't get how they were deemed worthy of extensions. Today was flatly embarrassing, and I really don't see much hope on the horizon. Like, Watt has already missed a game, the dude is completely unreliable, albeit being a fun and good dude. With how bad today's start was, the return of DHop may as well be a year away.

What do we have to look forward to with this franchise? I'm so disappointed.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude, even you gotta be a little concerned. That was an epic beatdown. Can we have some time for posters to feel the pain here?

Two different things. "Feeling the pain" and complaining about the game are one thing.

Fire Kliff, fire Keim, only 5 more years of this etc is something else.

Can we not complain about the performance and result without saying things that may well look stupid in a week or two? Because there is plenty to complain about the actual game without resorting to silly stuff after one game.

Y'all think Packers fans are screaming "Fire LeFleur and Gut!"? Or the Niners are screaming for Shanny to be fired?

We played a top 4 team last year while having multiple injuries. The Titans got beat by Danny Dimes and the Giants. The Niners got beat by the Bears.

Sure, there are things to be concerned about. Firing Keim and Kliff aren't part of it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Two different things. "Feeling the pain" and complaining about the game are one thing.

Fire Kliff, fire Keim, only 5 more years of this etc is something else.

Can we not complain about the performance and result without saying things that may well look stupid in a week or two? Because there is plenty to complain about the actual game without resorting to silly stuff after one game.

Y'all think Packers fans are screaming "Fire LeFleur and Gut!"? Or the Niners are screaming for Shanny to be fired?

We played a top 4 team last year while having multiple injuries. The Titans got beat by Danny Dimes and the Giants. The Niners got beat by the Bears.

Sure, there are things to be concerned about. Firing Keim and Kliff aren't part of it.
Yeah, there's no talking to you right now. Remain calm, all is well. Just let it go for a while, especially on a Monday after that kind of a game.

Stout

Reaction score
I mean, I'm not the one acting like the season is over after one game bud. Only one of us is being unrealistic.
I swear you could witness someone kicked in the nuts writhing on the ground, lean over, and scold them for whining too much lol

Nobody cares about your blind optimism today. You are a lone voice in the wind. Next week is next week, but today, for now, we fracking suck and people are going to be upset about it.

But, by all means, continue your Kevin Bacon routine.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I swear you could witness someone kicked in the nuts writhing on the ground, lean over, and scold them for whining too much lol

Nobody cares about your blind optimism today. You are a lone voice in the wind. Next week is next week, but today, for now, we fracking suck and people are going to be upset about it.

But, by all means, continue your Kevin Bacon routine.

I don't know how you can fail to understand the difference between the balanced response of "Yeah that sucked. We sucked. X players sucked. X coaches sucked" which I have said, a number of times. And the hysterical ridiculousness of "Fire everyone. The season is over. The draft sucked." etc etc

There is a very clear an obvious difference you seem to willingly ignore.

Kyler, Kliff, Simmons, Harlow, Wilson all sucked hard. Conner too actually. Lots to complain about regarding the game. But the other stuff, that's just silly.

Stout

Reaction score
I don't know how you can fail to understand the difference between the balanced response of "Yeah that sucked. We sucked. X players sucked. X coaches sucked" which I have said, a number of times. And the hysterical ridiculousness of "Fire everyone. The season is over. The draft sucked." etc etc

There is a very clear an obvious difference you seem to willingly ignore.

Kyler, Kliff, Simmons, Harlow, Wilson all sucked hard. Conner too actually. Lots to complain about regarding the game. But the other stuff, that's just silly.
The difference is that many of us saw this coming a mile away and talked about it all offseason, while others waged a smarmy campaign of "how dare you be negative everything's going to be fine." Now, we see that everything's not fine and we get smarmy "Well, this is one game but everything will be fine" messages. The same problems are going to exist moving forward, to one degree or another. This roster and coaching staff isn't going to be reconstructed overnight.

You even tried to pre-game your excuses by telling us a blowout loss wouldn't be the end of the world before the game.

The issues are real. They are glaring, and they've been staring us in the face for months. Let's face up to them rather than avoid them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose