Watching the Twins succeed from afar.....

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
A scary thought occurred to me. It's not out of the realm of possibility, the Suns and Nets may meet in the Finals in the not too distant future.
that would be afreakingmazing, I would probably have to be sell one or more of my major possessions to see the games in Phx and I'd have no quarrels doing so

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew it would happen but I didn't expect it to happen so soon. Happy for Mikal but also a little bummed we locked him into a great contract because the way he's playing and the role he's used in deserves the max. He's definitely going to end up on a few of the "best value contract" articles over the next couple of years, deservedly so.
You and JC handing out “I told you so’s” about the MEDIA saying Mikal would be the next Booker/Kawhi because a Nets message board says so is bizarre.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I LOVE Bridges and Cam Johnson. I HATED them leaving. Us old timers hated Hornacek getting traded, but we all knew, without a guy like Barkley, no way would we get past the Bulls. It's the same thing here. We see teams like the Bucks and the Mavs who figured us out. That was with Cam and Bridges. In just two games I have seen the most wide open threes for Booker since he was a rookie and no one covered him, LOL. Durant became the best player on a team that has Devin Booker!!! Just think about that! How often can you add a guy over a player of Booker's talents? This is HUGE. The simple fact is, there was no way we can give another team nothing in return for an all time great player. You have to trade usually good young talent and then some. My dream is Bridges and Cam hone their skills, become guys that can carry teams, then come back to PHX in free agency! After we have won a championship here of course!

I think the Suns way overpaid for Kevin Durant not that I wouldn't have done the trade for less.

It was a lopsided trade for a 34-year-old player. I hope it works out because I am a Suns fan first and foremost.

A championship would soothe a lot of wounds.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that would be afreakingmazing, I would probably have to be sell one or more of my major possessions to see the games in Phx and I'd have no quarrels doing so

It would be particularly painful if the Nets get to the Finals in the next few years and the Suns don't.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's see how good and aggressive he is when teams start to really focus on taking him out of the game.

We would probably also be seeing some similar story lines if it was Ayton that we traded and he was over there averaging like 24/12. Ultimately we walked away with 3.5 years of a top 5 to top 10 players in the game and we didn't have to trade our best player to do it. An argument could be made that Mikal was our 3rd best player.

Yes teams will adjust to playing the nets. The east is weaker imo as well, with it being this late in the season I think outside of two teams the rest of the east is coasting a bit.

Teams with new major pieces are in their honeymoon phase much like us. Mavs and Clippers are in their annulment phase quick though lol

Trends will build with more games played and teams will adjust and game plan.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges wouldn't have put up those numbers in Phoenix but it wouldn't have taken away his growth as a player. IMO, he had already turned the corner.

Without the trade for Durant, the Suns were loaded for both the present and the future. They would have had to tweak their roster for the playoffs but they wouldn't have had to sold the farm.

A scary thought occurred to me. It's not out of the realm of possibility, the Suns and Nets may meet in the Finals in the not too distant future.
Outside of one incredible second half comeback The Nets have been atrocious with the trade. But in the nearby future, you think they’re going to be able to overcome the Celtics/Bucks who’s biggest pieces are either in their prime or not even in their prime yet?

How?

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be particularly painful if the Nets get to the Finals in the next few years and the Suns don't.
they’re 2-5 since the trade, being down 50 points in one game and 20 plus points in 3 or 4 others. This feels like a massive overreaction to one of the most surprising games of the year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of one incredible second half comeback The Nets have atrocious with the trade. But in the nearby future, you think they’re going to be able to overcome the Celtics/Bucks who’s biggest pieces are either in their prime or not even in their prime yet?

How?

Ask Boston. The Nets have a nice foundation to build from plus a boatload of future assets.

They have attracted elite talent in the past. Who is to say they can't do it in the future.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask Boston.
Because one game shows what they’re going to be?

How about we ask the Bucks who beat them 14. Or the Knicks who beat them by 18 and 24. Or that weak Bulls team we just easily smashed who beat the Nets by 43.
The Nets have a nice foundation to build from plus a boatload of future assets.
They’re 2-6, while routinely getting absolutely destroyed. They have a lot of picks, but tell me how that’s worked out for OKC for the last four years. All the picks in the world don’t matter if those picks are mid to late first rounders.
They have attracted elite talent in the past. Who is to say they can't do it in the future.

They attracted KD once… which totally blew up in their face and will always be seen as second banana to the Knicks. What big time FAs do you see on the horizon that might be headed to Brooklyn.

All of which isn’t to say that they won’t be a playoff team and don’t have a couple nice peace’s but it’s a far cry from fearing this currently atrocious 2-6 Nets team is even close to sniffing the Finals.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How about we ask the Bucks who beat them 14. Or the Knicks who beat them by 18 and 24. Or that weak Bulls team we just easily smashed who beat the Nets by 43.

They’re 2-6, while routinely getting absolutely destroyed. They have a lot of picks, but tell me how that’s worked out for OKC for the last four years. All the picks in the world don’t matter if those picks are mid to late first rounders.

They attracted KD once… which totally blew up in their face and will always be seen as second banana to the Knicks. What big time FAs do you see on the horizon that might be headed to Brooklyn.

All of which isn’t to say that they won’t be a playoff team and don’t have a couple nice peace’s but it’s a far cry from fearing this currently atrocious 2-6 Nets team is even close to sniffing the Finals.

I do think the Suns have set the Nets up nicely for the future in terms of picks and talent. How it plays out is anyone's guess.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I think the Suns way overpaid for Kevin Durant not that I wouldn't have done the trade for less.

It was a lopsided trade for a 34-year-old player. I hope it works out because I am a Suns fan first and foremost.

A championship would soothe a lot of wounds.
Teams that diss out 4 1st and a swap do not intend for those picks to have much value. This owner will probably have a little more luck in the FA market than $arver

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Teams that diss out 4 1st and a swap do not intend for those picks to have much value. This owner will probably have a little more luck in the FA market than $arver

Undoubtedly this is the Suns thought process. James Jones does seem to have a knack for finding undervalued players.

However, there is also a saying, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions."

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm probably going to get killed for this but on most twos and threes if I had to pick between Booker and bridges to defend a few critical possessions at the end of the game I would take Booker. He's not as long as Bridges, but he moves his feet as well or better and he's definitely stronger. IMO people tend to overrate Bridges defensively and underrate booker.

Like others have said, this all comes down to health. If KD stays healthy I really don't think I'll ever regret this trade even if it doesn't net us a championship. We paid a hefty price for a great player under contract for the next three seasons. He is the perfect fit for this team.

Joe

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So proud of what these kids did last night.

The person that made the thread is on record as being for the trade.

Also I am very much for this trade and yet I am very interested in seeing how the twins do in Brooklyn. It's okay to both be good with the trade happening and still want to follow the progress of the players that left at the same time.
100%
I am watching the Nuggets dominate the Grizzlies. I am happy for Mikael but we had zero chance at a championship this year without Durant
100%

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

As long as Dolan owns the Knicks they will not be a free agent destination, they've cleared payroll everytime an off season hits with major free agents available and they've not only whiffed but had players embarrass them with the level of disinterest. If a player hungers to play in New York the Nets currently have first dibs.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't see Cam or Bridges as NY, NJ Players but there Media personal are good...... And Both are Marketable. If they can get them help to win. i like there chances

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol the Nets come back from 28 and we crowning their azz. Like cheese said 2-6. Love me some Mikal but they have a long ways to go before they're even mentioned in the same sentence as Boston or the Bucks.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You and JC handing out “I told you so’s” about the MEDIA saying Mikal would be the next Booker/Kawhi because a Nets message board says so is bizarre.
Yes. You are correct. The media have not said it yet. Maybe they won't. And this is probably not widely held among fans yet.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Quit trying to put words in my mouth. I didn't say "Told you so" and don't believe JC did either. You twist and contort things regularly like you need arguments to survive. Not everything is about one upping other posters and keeping score on who is right and who is wrong. I'm happy for Mikal and am glad he's been accepted by Brooklyn fans so quickly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol the Nets come back from 28 and we crowning their azz. Like cheese said 2-6. Love me some Mikal but they have a long ways to go before they're even mentioned in the same sentence as Boston or the Bucks.

It's not about the Nets. It's about the Suns trading a player in Bridges that should have never been traded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard