Was the WR core grossly overrated?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree a bit. Between OL, CB, and OLB...we have a ton of more pressing needs. Hell, if Kyler can't make this group work, we may need to draft a RB to take the ball out of his hand more. Kyler needs to start showing he can elevate talent. FA could obviously change our needs, but at this time, I just don't see it as the priority.
Thing is, I don’t like this OLB class at all. I don’t want to take the 18th best OLB over perhaps the 7th best WR

I agree with CB & IOL.

It won’t sit right with me on passing up a WR in back-to-back great WR classes. I want a WR in the 3rd round. We can’t just get by on Nuk.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thing is, I don’t like this OLB class at all. I don’t want to take the 18th best OLB over perhaps the 7th best WR

I agree with CB & IOL.

It won’t sit right with me on passing up a WR in back-to-back great WR classes. I want a WR in the 3rd round. We can’t just get by on Nuk.
If we do add a WR, it better be someone who can break tackles. Too many RAC plays where our guys are either slow or unable to break arm tackles.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huge Waddle fan would be our PR, probably our KR, and a speed Wr guy. Everyone has him in the first round now

And I will throw in a guy who hasn't played a game this year but I happened to see a Wake Forest game last year and came away thinking in the 3rd round this kid is a steal, Sage Surratt. To be fair I saw without question the best game of his career, 62-59 loss to Louisville, he had 12 catches 196 yards, 3 TDs. He's not Boldin but he's very big and strong, after the catch hard to bring down. Most project him 3rd round.

Also Amon Ra St Brown from USC as a sleeper, he had to play inside early on because they had experienced outside guys, he's not a burner but good.

And I really love the Minnesota guy Bateman but everyone has him in the first round now too

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously in a year we need defender and interior line that draft is awash with offensive skill players.

I hate the idea but I really wouldn't be surprised if they draft a RB with a high pick next year.

Its not the highest need but I would love a great big nasty guard to give our O line a boost in talent and identity. Someone like Wyatt Davis.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like our receiver corps.

I think it's tough to predict who will be good (& how they'll be good). So you adhere to the "mud against the. wall" theory and work with what you can get.

As for Fitz, I think he and Kyler take what the defense gives 'em.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kyler should be elevating the games of his receivers, something he hasn't shown the ability to do yet.

My suggestion would be throwing a few free agent dollars at a new WR to complement DHop, maybe someone like Corey Davis. I don't see drafting a guy in the top 3 rounds to really move the needle for the team. This defense needs help, and at least one draft pick is going to have to be CB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler should be elevating the games of his receivers, something he hasn't shown the ability to do yet.

My suggestion would be throwing a few free agent dollars at a new WR to complement DHop, maybe someone like Corey Davis. I don't see drafting a guy in the top 3 rounds to really move the needle for the team. This defense needs help, and at least one draft pick is going to have to be CB.

Yeah I think CB or now I guess Edge Rusher seem pretty obvious. They are saying Jones MIGHT be able to come back this year but my guess is we're going to use an early pick and a FA slot to try and get an edge rusher and a CB and both are not likely to be easy in FA.

I was really hoping Waddle would last to the 2nd round but he's shown enough already almost everyone has him in the first. Perfect kid for this offense speed to burn, elusive, and he can return.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
WR corps is trash out side of D-Hop and a Grandfather in Fitzgerald.

Isabella isnt consistent enough

Kirk cant do anything but run deep

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgot my favorite flyer from last year because he has apparently chosen to NOT pursue a career in track, Anthony Schwartz of Auburn. He's got something like 5 of the 10 fastest recorded 100m times in US HS history. Has not played a ton at Auburn he's been doing track too and they haven't used him as much but if you want to take a flyer on a guy a bit later in the draft for just sheer speed he's the guy

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave