Was Kyler benched?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude. Go back into those threads and you'll find that LOTS of people were saying that Max Hall was good.

Name three people on this board who are literally rooting for Kyler Murray to fail. My name shouldn't be on that list.

You can recognize a player's shortcomings (LOL) and still hope they improve upon them.
Hall had MOXIE!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude. Go back into those threads and you'll find that LOTS of people were saying that Max Hall was good.

Name three people on this board who are literally rooting for Kyler Murray to fail. My name shouldn't be on that list.

You can recognize a player's shortcomings (LOL) and still hope they improve upon them.
I remember, but that conversation didn’t infiltrate every single thread and topic like it does today. It wasn’t like it is now.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I remember, but that conversation didn’t infiltrate every single thread and topic like it does today. It wasn’t like it is now.
Eh. If Kyler was a more unifying leader or the Cards were good the discussion would be different. Remember all offseason we mostly debated wither Isaiah Simmons and Zaven Collins could play in the NFL and what the deal is with the quarterback room.

Maybe, like, Baltimore Ravens boards are afire about whether Lamar Jackson is Actually Good, but I kind of doubt it. When you don't have an answer at quarterback, it's really the only question that matters.

There were tons of debates about Kevin Kolb.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Easily could do, but I don’t think I need to do that because 1- it’s wildly obvious and 2 - with the sensitivity of this board it would cause WWIII.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Easily could do, but I don’t think I need to do that because 1- it’s wildly obvious and 2 - with the sensitivity of this board it would cause WWIII.
It wouldn't cause any hullabaloo, because people know who you think are simply Kyler haters. If you pointed your message board finger at me with a "j'accuse!" I would not in the least bit be surprised or upset.

Those who are so hard on Kyler hate that he has potential that's simply going to waste. Nobody actually hates the guy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Literally not a single person SMH
Eh..: I think there’s always a certain segment of fan base who sadly want to be “right” consciously (or unconsciously) about something, even to the detriment of their own team and there’s prob a couple of those floating around here.

But it’s a miniscule amount. When Kyler looked like an MVP middle of 2020 or the first 7 games of 2021, even his greatest doubters were freaking stoked. Some with caution that it would fall apart, but definitely willing to go for the ride while we were cruising.

Last edited:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It wouldn't cause any hullabaloo, because people know who you think are simply Kyler haters. If you pointed your message board finger at me with a "j'accuse!" I would not in the least bit be surprised or upset.

Those who are so hard on Kyler hate that he has potential that's simply going to waste. Nobody actually hates the guy.
I would never point my finger at you Stout. We are basically besties, brothas from anotha motha, soulmates, two peas in a pod, conjoined at the hip, etc.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Twice as many touchdowns this year thuogh because he doesn't play like a girl
He has an All Star cast roster and nearly twice the interceptions.. including a several red zone ints. Josh Allen is still better and I would love a gunslinger mentality QB much more… but the roster and offensive scheme aren’t even comparable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back and read all of the doomsday posts and comments, when Hudson was ruled out...Everyone talking about Donald licking his chops...This was going to be a "get right" game for LA, etc, etc, etc. There was zero evidence that the Oline would perform well, based on the last few weeks. Even if it was just the slightest hamstring issue, the team wasn't going to risk their $250 million investment to further injury. Hindsight being 20/20, it's easy to say he should have played, but again, there was no evidence the Oline would hold up. Also, it's not necessarily about designed runs, but Murray being able to escape the rush up the middle, when the pocket collapses (which everyone expected to happen all game long).

If he was as good as Colt he'd have coped...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know how anybody thinks they really know about his hamstring. It can take weeks to get to where you can run full speed with a hammy. Last year D Hop played 3 straight games with one and was ineffective in all 3 before the knee injury. Hollywood literally reported to the team with a hammy injury he'd had apparently for weeks and we put him on some IR list for awhile to allow it to heal(offseason).

If the Cards benched Kyler and he's not hurt do we REALLY believe we'd have had him inactive with McSorley as the backup?

He played 2 quarters on it. Including several runs and practiced twice on it last week. It's minor.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it…part of this fan base is literally rooting for the kid to fail. “Ya let’s start Colt McCoy over Kyler.. that’s the solution! He will so learn a lesson from that and it will be best for the not only the immediate success, but long term success of our franchise!” - said no one ever with more than 3 brain cells.

I don’t care if you are in the I Hate Kyler Crew (IHKC), he’s a midget, he plays COD etc…. Be realistic people and stop the extreme hatred. Ya, he’s not playing well. Ya, Colt beat an uninspired John Wolford team… but Colt isn’t leading this team to any relevant success, our future relies with Kyler whether you like it or not.

Kyler's 3-6. What's he leading us too except mediocre offense and defeats?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler's 3-6. What's he leading us too except mediocre offense and defeats?
Ya, you know what you’re right. Let’s give up and make the unprecedent move to bench our 25 year old QB who has every physical tool in the tool box and we just invested $240mm in for Colt I just beat John Wolford and am 11-23 as a starter McCoy.

It’s time to do what’s best for the franchise, I agree Brit. You’ve officially made me see the light, thank you.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes you just adjust and change your game If your a transcendent talent you should be capable of making yourself a pocket passer. Much like McCoy who had a decent game. Yet whise more talented?
That’s a lot easier said than done. When you’re playing a sport your instincts often take over. And if you’re hurt it’s often to your detriment.

Shane, did you ever play sports injured? I have. Back and shoulder related injuries amongst others. “Just don’t lift your arm above your head!” Sure, no problem. Not. Most players aren’t capable of redefining their play in a week. Particularly with something like a hammy where a QB is always going to be inclined to try to escape the rush.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He played 2 quarters on it. Including several runs and practiced twice on it last week. It's minor.

I blew out an ankle playing basketball once and played for another 30 minutes. 2 days later the doctor told me I would have been better off breaking the ankle than the high ankle sprain I had. We get hurt you rest a few minutes adrenaline kicks in and you play again. The next day you struggle to walk.

Nobody is questioning that Colt played well but to suggest that we CHOSE to have Trace McSorley as our backup over Kyler because Kyler was benched is nonsense IMO.