Warner was sharp yesterday.

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
I thought we got a great perfomance out of Kurt yesterday. When he had time to throw; he was throwing darts on target. He threw some great deeper routes to Fitz and Boldin, and mixed in a lot of nice slants too. He needs to hold on to the ball, but it looks like he wants to try to do too much, and make a play when he should just tuck it and take a sack. As the game went on he got less and less time to throw, but he answered with a long drive in the fourth to push the cushion back to 10. I'm glad to see a QB throwing darts around, and hitting recievers in stride.

Good Job Kurt!

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah he played really well! He took a wicked hit right in the chops after delivering a great pass to Larry. I'm not sure Kurt was quite the same after that hit. He didn't really show it, but no doubt he hurt. Thankfully it came later in the game after we had a few scores.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Warner's gonna put up some incredible numbers this year if he can stay on the field. He sure got clobbered a few times yesterday. There was one late hit he took that looked especially bad on the replay, but he bounced back up.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3 fumbles, one of them were lost from what I remember of the game. Way too much for Warner. He has always been fumble prone.

Leave the ball in the air, and not on the ground Warner. All is forgotten with a W though.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:
3 fumbles, one of them were lost from what I remember of the game. Way too much for Warner. He has always been fumble prone.

Leave the ball in the air, and not on the ground Warner. All is forgotten with a W though.

The one fumble was completely on the RG Milford Brown though, he went to pull left and he was lined up so deep he pulled and ran right into Kurt knocking the ball out.

The other one Lewienski recovered was one of those hit as he's starting his throwing motion but arm hadn't gone forward so it's a fumble. Not much a QB can do there if he doesn't see the hit coming.

But you're right he does fumble too much, always has.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing I like most about kurt is how often he hits WR's in stride, yesterday BJ, Fitz, Boldin, even Bergen once he hit them in stride and gave them room to run after the catch.

After so many years of watching WR's reach back or stop for poorly thrown balls it's such a pleasure to see a guy who can hit people in stride.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Props to Kurt Warner man. He looked as poised and as sharp as I've seen in recent memory. And he spread the rock around something serious. :thumbup:

seesred

Reaction score
I thought Kurt was solid yestewrday.. BUt Q and Larry made some plays that wouldn't be caught by 95% of the recievers in the league. That one catch that Larry caught off the carpet when Kurt had run out of the pocket to his left was remarkable! Some of the runs that Q had after the catch in the third or fourth quarter were great moves by a one of a kind reciever.

GBR

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Warner really looked great yesterday, I was very impressed. Hopefully Matt can just sit on that bench and learn.

Meanwhile in Denver......

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Warner really looked great yesterday, I was very impressed. Hopefully Matt can just sit on that bench and learn.

Meanwhile in Denver......

PFT already said if Jake doesn't play better they'll use the bye week in week 4 to get Cutler ready to start. I don't buy it at all but Jake was pretty bad, 3 picks and a fumble.

But I will say from what I say the rams defense looked a LOT better, they had a pass rush the whole game and it was almost as if Larry Marmie never existed.

IIRC, isn't Marmie with Seattle now?

Yep he is, assistant coach/secondary

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah Warner did look really sharp hopefully he can continue it this week against the seahawks be huge huge huge to get a win down their :) But man why did I start Plummer on my fantasy team /cry neg 3 points from plummer your benched on my ff team heh. But luckly I still have a chance to win that game only down by 5 with Kennan Mccardell left to go hopefully I can pull it off which would mean all my fantasy teams would win :)

RFIP

Rookie
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
But you're right he does fumble too much, always has.

Kurt 54 fumbles in 72 games, Culpepper on the other hand:

81 fumbles in 81 games.

Does anyone think of him as a fumbler?

Kurt will fumble his share and some, no doubt on that. But no one in this league hangs in there to make a play, better than KW.

And that's why the wr's love playing for him. That and his unparalleled acuracy.

Watch the games folks, tell me who throws the ball down the field like Kurt does. When he MISSES someone it's like; "Whoa, what happened there?" It's disbelief.

Those who Tivo'd the game, go look at the thrid and 24 where he throws that deep in to Fitz and Larry dropped it. LOOK at the db's, look at the window Kurt had, you'll shake your head.

He his a skill that few, VERY few have ever had.

Does he fumble more than you'd like? Probably. But if he's protected well enough, he will get a chance to fumble in Miami in early Feburary.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RFIP said:
Kurt 54 fumbles in 72 games, Culpepper on the other hand:

81 fumbles in 81 games.

Does anyone think of him as a fumbler?

Kurt will fumble his share and some, no doubt on that. But no one in this league hangs in there to make a play, better than KW.

And that's why the wr's love playing for him. That and his unparalleled acuracy.

Watch the games folks, tell me who throws the ball down the field like Kurt does. When he MISSES someone it's like; "Whoa, what happened there?" It's disbelief.

Those who Tivo'd the game, go look at the thrid and 24 where he throws that deep in to Fitz and Larry dropped it. LOOK at the db's, look at the window Kurt had, you'll shake your head.

He his a skill that few, VERY few have ever had.

Does he fumble more than you'd like? Probably. But if he's protected well enough, he will get a chance to fumble in Miami in early Feburary.

CBS sportsline has it at 61 in 74 games and 24 in his last 21 games.

and on Culpepper remember some of his fumbles are when running with the ball, virtually all of Kurt's are in the pocket. Not saying they count any differently just that it's not a direct comparison.

I agree by the way that Kurt hangs in there and in that Martz scheme it got him killed, but he does fumble alot and since that thumb injury it's been a real problem. in his last 30 games he's fumbled 38 times.

And yes like you I marvelled at that throw Fitz dropped. So did Fox they even pointed out Fitz probably dropped it because he was expecting it to be picked off since it was such a hard throw to make. Perfect throw.

Believe me I like Warner, I just think since that thumb injury he's had a real problem holding onto the ball.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
boldinfan18 said:
hopefully he can continue it this week against the seahawks be huge huge huge to get a win down their :)
You mean "up there". Seattle is north (or up) from Phoenix. lol
Just busting your balls kid! :)

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this was warner best game in a long time. i like the way he bought time to get rid of the ball. especially on his first 2 td throws. he looking like the kurt warner of old. i hoping they can get pope more involed in the offense. open a few more holes james and this is going to be the number one offense in the league. i believe right now the cardinals are number one in the redzone. i was very impressed with the offense yesterday.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
seesred said:
I thought Kurt was solid yestewrday.. BUt Q and Larry made some plays that wouldn't be caught by 95% of the recievers in the league. That one catch that Larry caught off the carpet when Kurt had run out of the pocket to his left was remarkable! Some of the runs that Q had after the catch in the third or fourth quarter were great moves by a one of a kind reciever.

GBR

Did you watch Warner stick in there and take a serious hit to the jaw on that play? WOW. It was almost slow motion. I didnt even see Fitz's catch. Was watching Warner get rocked. I didn't think he was gonna get up from that!