Wanted: Section 11's Cornhusker Knowledge

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Ok, so you're done arguing your point?

Let's recap:

No Heisman winner will make in the NFL.

No Nebraska offensive player will make it in the NFL.

The Ignorance laden argument that Crouch is a whiner will keep him from being a good QB, but not a good Safety.

Florida and Nebraska do not play any quality opponents (regardless of how many NC's they have combined).

And most importantly, rushing success is clearly predicated on passing statistics.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
Ok, so you're done arguing your point?

Let's recap:

No Heisman winner will make in the NFL.

Good twisiting of words, but I think Heismann winners don't have the greatest track record in the NFL would be more accurate.

No Nebraska offensive player will make it in the NFL.

Again, a great twist of words(you should consider a new career path maybe)....Nebraska doesn't produce great offensive talent, that doesn't mean that they don't produce ANY talen on offense.....does it?

The Ignorance laden argument that Crouch is a whiner will keep him from being a good QB, but not a good Safety.

Well, I did concede the whining part(pouting instead), what will keep him from being a good QB is that he IS NOT a good QB...nothing else.

Florida and Nebraska do not play any quality opponents (regardless of how many NC's they have combined).

Another great twist job. You said that wins are the most important thing for a QB in college, I said that doesn't translate to the NFL and used Wuerfull and Frazier as examples. I also never said that they don't play ANY quality opponents, but generally Nebraska always does have one of the weakest out of division schedule of any "powerhouse" college program.

And most importantly, rushing success is clearly predicated on passing statistics.

Huh?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
just remember who started the little girl slap fight, alrightie assclown?

Back to calling names? Tsk tsk, we all know that is the BEST way to get your point accross.

Face it, you are a big Nebraska fan, and it gets under your skin to find out after all these years that everyone doesn't think they are the greatest program under the sun like yourself? Someone comes in and dogs your "boy", Nebraska's hero and you take offense. Throwing out logic and trends you take on his defense like Johnnie Cochran, twisting words around to support your argument......

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
You're amazing. That was you that posted that picture right? You know, that hilarious "assclown" one?

Where's the absense of logic here?

S11: Let him return punts and mix him into the offense.
CT: That won't work because he went to Nebraska and has a crappy arm.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
S11: He wants to be a QB fine, also let him do some other stuff
CT: Being a QB isn't fine, he isn't a good qb. let him do the other stuff and make sure he KNOWS that he isn't gonna be a QB. Ever.

It's been fun man......argument is pretty much over now, plus, with my thin skin I'm not sure I can handle any more of those viscious insults you are chucking my way. I might cry.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Card Trader
S11: He wants to be a QB fine, also let him do some other stuff
CT: Being a QB isn't fine, he isn't a good qb. let him do the other stuff and make sure he KNOWS that he isn't gonna be a QB. Ever.

It's been fun man......argument is pretty much over now, plus, with my thin skin I'm not sure I can handle any more of those viscious insults you are chucking my way. I might cry.

Great job, Trader! I'm refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

BTW, Miami is the greatest college football program under the sun.

Houdini: Tell the Packers to put the ball in his hands, but for the love of god, don't list him as a quarterback. History will cast a dark shadow on such a crazy idea.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great job, Trader! I'm refreshed and challenged by your unique point of view.

Well in that case it's safe to say my job here is done. Like always, 11, it's been a blast.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GIRLS!

Man, I just wanted to break up this little cat fight.

I think this thread has the record for the most continuous 2 - man posts ever.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Well in that case it's safe to say my job here is done. Like always, 11, it's been a blast.

Until next time you jump into a thread and throw around some half-assed generalizations, adieu!

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Until next time you jump into a thread and throw around some half-assed generalizations, adieu!

Or the next thread where you jump in and blindly defend a personal hero of yours, ignoring all logic and trend, adieu! ;)

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
S11: Oh yeah?
CT: Yeah.

CT: Oh yeah?
S11: Yeah.

The whole month of July should be fun.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now it's time to skip along over to the cheerleader thread..........

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is funny!

One thing S11 said it is "fine" that Crouch "wants to be a QB"

What is wrong with him wanting to be a QB?
Nobody said anything about making him one?!?!?

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
This is funny!

One thing S11 said it is "fine" that Crouch "wants to be a QB"

What is wrong with him wanting to be a QB?
Nobody said anything about making him one?!?!?

My second or third string QB would then be

Well if you ask me, that kind of implies that.......don't ya think?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
with my thin skin I'm not sure I can handle any more of those viscious insults you are chucking my way. I might cry.

Do you mean like you did when all those mean Philly fans showed up last season? Please don't. That was embarrassing.

Shouldn't you be jumping all over the wrestling thread? Demanding that it be removed from a football forum?

Or is that just for anything that S11 brings up? Just curious.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nope, only deals with Soccer.

You seem to really care what I think about you.....do you not get enough attention at home? For the most part, you've always been a good humored guy, but lately that 2 x 4 that is up your ass is REALLY starting to cause you some issues. I'd suggest removing it, sooner than later. :D

BTW....who was crying when the Philly fans were here? I have tons of fun with the fans from Filthadelphia.....ask em yourself, many of them are reading this thread right now.

http://www.concretefield.com/board/...ion=display;threadid=7467;start=0;boardseen=1

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
God, shut up guys!

This has to be the most immature thread ever!

Attachments

• worst thread.jpg
    worst thread.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
Houdini

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
I logged on and was amazed at the number of posts to my question. It wasn't quite the response I was expecting though. Crouch intrigues me though the more I read about him. I have no idea if he'll amount to anything, but I'd rather try to develop a gifted physical talent with a strong arm like Crouch who hasn't thrown much in college, compared to a Ty Detmer or a Dorsey who both threw for a ton of yards in college but have too weak of arm to be anything more than a 3rd string QB in the NFL. Guys with physical talent like Boller, Vick, and Crouch intrigue me. Boller didn't have the great accuracy either but was a top prospect because of his physical talent. I have no idea if Crouch will work out, and the odds are probably against him, but if he could make the team as a punt returner, I think he'd be given a chance as a 4th QB to try and develop his QB skills and knowledge of the offense. Odds are probably against him though. Below were some of the comments on Crouch last week.

"His college (position) coach, Turner Gill, coached for me at SMU and he said he has a strong arm," Rossley said. "He has just never been in a passing offense. It will be interesting to see what he does with us."

“He wants a chance at quarterback, and I’m going to give him a chance to do that,” Packers coach Mike Sherman said on Saturday. “We’ll find out real quickly what his arm looks like next week, but I’m sure he has a ways to go.”
Sherman said Crouch has met with quarterbacks coach Darrell Bevell twice this week to start learning the offense.
Meanwhile, Sherman said Crouch also is willing to work as a punt returner.

“I said to him on the phone, in order for this thing to work, you’ve got to be willing to help me any way I can to win football games,” Sherman said. “He said he’s more than willing to do that.
“If he works out as a quarterback, that’s great. If he doesn’t, he’s an athlete who can help our team.”

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well if you ask me, that kind of implies that.......don't ya think?

Well not really I would have rather had Crouch as 3rd string here last year rather than Parsons if he can return punts. If we got to our 3rd string QB we would be screwed anyways. Its just a formality it's not like he would every PLAY QB you know.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
If we got to our 3rd string QB we would be screwed anyways. Its just a formality it's not like he would every PLAY QB you know.

Yup, just ask AJ Feely and the Eagles.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort