Waiting to trade Crowder

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We all said it after the playoffs this was the most important offseason in recent memory and he did nothing

If Booker is worn down at the start of December that’s a big problem

Chris Paul has missed 14 games and it will take time for him to get in game shape.

Meanwhile, Booker has had to carry the team on many nights without a lot of help.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were top-7 in the 3pt% the last two years and top-5 this year. We need creators when things get slow and ugly in the playoffs. It’s clear you can’t count on Ayton to be that guy consistently and CP isn’t nailing those jumpers anymore. If the Suns continue to roll with Paul and his slow style of point guarding I think DeRozan would be a good fit in the half court offense. Booker/DDR isn’t Tatum/Brown but it’s a better top-2 than anyone else (of course Giannis + insert-name-here is probably the best).
Yeah, shooting is not really a problem on most nights, but when we are off boy are we off.

You are right we need a creator.

I actually think DeRozan is not a bad idea at all if he can be acquired for a reasonable price - meaning no Mikal or Ayton.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not that young, in my mid 40's and been a fan of the Suns since late 80's.

Keeping a young core is ideal. However, some of the now older fans have been waiting for a championship since the inception of the franchise.

It's simply they don't have as much time to wait for a championship as some of the younger fans. They would like to see a championship in their lifetime. I hope we all live to see it.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Would you rather have Bridges or DeRozan? I'm leaning DeRozan.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Would you rather have Bridges or DeRozan? I'm leaning DeRozan.
Mikal. Derozan is simply not the defender that Mikal is. Now if we were talking Mikal or Butler than I am leaning Butler, but would rather Keep Mikal for the long run because he is younger.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chris Paul has missed 14 games and it will take time for him to get in game shape.

Meanwhile, Booker has had to carry the team on many nights without a lot of help.

Game shape like in the playoffs last year?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We were top-7 in the 3pt% the last two years and top-5 this year. We need creators when things get slow and ugly in the playoffs. It’s clear you can’t count on Ayton to be that guy consistently and CP isn’t nailing those jumpers anymore. If the Suns continue to roll with Paul and his slow style of point guarding I think DeRozan would be a good fit in the half court offense. Booker/DDR isn’t Tatum/Brown but it’s a better top-2 than anyone else (of course Giannis + insert-name-here is probably the best).

I don't think Booker and DeRozan would be playable at the same time. Two guys who primarily shoot from mid range, one of them who is literally useless off the ball.

We're 8th in made 3 pointers, we were 21st last year. Dallas shot us out of the building while we whiffed wide open looks and passed up 3s to dribble into traffic.

Boston is the best three point shooting team in the league.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Derozan. In basketball nothing is more important than being able to get a basket when you need it.

Bridges is a significantly better player.

Furthermore, DeRozan's playoff stats, for his entire career, are flat out terrible.

To Everyone on the DeRozan train because he will supposedly help us in the playoffs...

41% from the field, 21% from three in his playoff career. He makes Shawn Marion look clutch.

The reason for his drop off for the same reasons Dallas was able to defend us. He is very predictable as a scorer and useless off the ball. He can get away with it in the season but in the playoffs when they scheme he is exposed.

DeRozan wouldn't fix our problems, he would amplify them.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges is a significantly better player.

Furthermore, DeRozan's playoff stats, for his entire career, are flat out terrible.

To Everyone on the DeRozan train because he will supposedly help us in the playoffs...

41% from the field, 21% from three in his playoff career. He makes Shawn Marion look clutch.

The reason for his drop off for the same reasons Dallas was able to defend us. He is very predictable as a scorer and useless off the ball. He can get away with it in the season but in the playoffs when they scheme he is exposed.

DeRozan wouldn't fix our problems, he would amplify them.

Bridges is better than Derozan? Lol next time our defensive expert actually locks someone down let me know

In no world is Bridges better than Derozan

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bridges is better than Derozan? Lol next time our defensive expert actually locks someone down let me know

Yes, Bridges is better than DeRozan.

There is a lot more to basketball than scoring mid range 2 point shots.

And you continue to ignore a heavy body of evidence that DeRozan is terrible in the playoffs.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make Bridges the number 1 option on the Bulls and how do you think they’d do

This is getting ridiculous
It is, it's almost as ridiculous as your slam on Bridges about never locking up a player on defense. There is no such thing as a lockdown defender in the NBA, Mikal is an exceptional defender but that doesn't mean there aren't matchup problems for him nor does it mean he can always stop a player from scoring. No one can, no one does.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Convient timing... Zach Lowe article posted a few hours ago.

Chicago is 25th in offensive efficiency. They've scored 108.8 points per 100 possessions with DeRozan, Vucevic, and LaVine on the floor -- equivalent to the Orlando Magic's 27th-ranked offense. Opponents are blitzing the Bulls by 5.6 points per 100 possessions when those three play together. Chicago lost those minutes last season too, though not by so much.

You can blame it on punchless (and young) surrounding talent, or on Lonzo Ball's knee issues, but at some point it's a problem when you can't even play teams to a draw with your three best players on the floor. Maybe swapping Alex Caruso into the starting five for Dosunmu will help. LaVine is regaining explosiveness after knee surgery. But stars are stars because they thrive in any environment. If something only works with rare and specific talent around it, does it really work?

DeRozan's play style belongs in the 80s. He might score a lot himself, but the team's offense stinks.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Bridges is a much better defender and all around player than DeRozen. There's a reason San Antonio let him go for nothing. He's TJ Warren without the health issues or 3 ball. Great midrange scorer in an era where midrange scoring is essentially unguarded because teams focus on guarding the paint and 3 PT line. He takes what he's given and puts up good numbers but hasn't led a team anywhere.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s starting to feel like it’s becoming necessary to make a move. James Jones has done some good things but it sure feels like after this offseason and even now he is flailing a bit.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s starting to feel like it’s becoming necessary to make a move. James Jones has done some good things but it sure feels like after this offseason and even now he is flailing a bit.
I don't think there's a move to be made that will make us a championship contender this season, if that's what you're talking about. Maybe once we are under new ownership JJ will have the okay to spend money but I don't see it happening until then. Of course, that's if JJ even survives the ownership change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose