Waiting to trade Crowder

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so we are clear you’ve now said you wouldn’t trade Mikal for KD or Jimmy Butler?
I really don’t get how much people over value Mikal.

He’s a very good player… that people won’t give up for HOFers who might not still be in their prime but are still playing at very high levels that would bring the crucial skills and playoff toughness this team needs to win a title right now.

I think there’s some idea that it’s not SUPER crucial that we win the title right now in this window because Booker/Bridges/Ayton extend it after CP3 moves on. I’m not of that mind. I think it’ll be a solid core for a 50 and fade team, but eventually they aren’t going to be able to compete with the Pelicans and Grizz in our conference and most of that is because Bridges at 26, is what he is and never is going to be the #2 superstar Booker needs and neither is DA.

The time is NOW. If you can add a junkyard dog like Butler who can ALSO create his own shot and for others, that is the move.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just so we are clear you’ve now said you wouldn’t trade Mikal for KD or Jimmy Butler?
Possibly KD, but I would not like it.

We don't need Butler, we already have Booker.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He’s a very good player… that people won’t give up for HOFers who might not still be in their prime but are still playing at very high levels that would bring the crucial skills and playoff toughness this team needs to win a title right now.

I think there’s some idea that it’s not SUPER crucial that we win the title right now in this window because Booker/Bridges/Ayton extend it after CP3 moves on. I’m not of that mind. I think it’ll be a solid core for a 50 and fade team, but eventually they aren’t going to be able to compete with the Pelicans and Grizz in our conference and most of that is because Bridges at 26, is what he is and never is going to be the #2 superstar Booker needs and neither is DA.

The time is NOW. If you can add a junkyard dog like Butler who can ALSO create his own shot and for others, that is the move.

I’ve never seen anything like it. Bridges is nice but there isn’t a GM in league who would take him over KD or Butler and it’s not even up for debate.

This team needs to swing for the fences NOW.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And conversely I don't get how much people under value him.

He is the perfect third wheel for any team. He has no ego, he is all about the team, is fantastic for team morale, and literally can do everything well on the court.

You need players like him. If you don't believe me just look at the Brooklyn nets.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve never seen anything like it. Bridges is nice but there isn’t a GM in league who would take him over KD or Butler and it’s not even up for debate.

This team needs to swing for the fences NOW.
And this is another reason I don't like it.

A ton of you guys act like you are fine with one chip and than sucking for years to come.

I want to watch Mikal play for the next decade, instead of 2 or 3 years of KD or Butler, and yes I would prefer the team to be a consistently good team for a decade than 1 chip and suckiness for years.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

A ton of you guys act like you are fine with one chip and than sucking for years to come.

I want to watch Mikal play for the next decade, instead of 2 or 3 years of KD or Butler, and yes I would prefer the team to be a consistently good team for a decade than 1 chip and suckiness for years.
LOL. Seriously?

One chip. Yes I’ll be happy with only one chip. Let what happens after, happens. I just want the one at this point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And conversely I don't get how much people under value him.

He is the perfect third wheel for any team. He has no ego, he is all about the team, is fantastic for team morale, and literally can do everything well on the court.

You need players like him. If you don't believe me just look at the Brooklyn nets.
He is not a 3rd wheel for a title winner. Maybe if you had two MEGASUPERSTARS, but we don’t.

And he literally can’t do everything well on the court. He can’t consistently create his own shot or shots for others. And he has gone full tortilla down the stretch in the playoffs the last two years.

If we had prime LeBron/AD, sure, Bridges would be an ideal 3. But we don’t. So he’s not for this team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Let me make this perfectly clear. I’d give my left nut for a Suns championship. 1 Suns championship would mean more to me than 5 Cardinal Super Bowls.

If you have a chance you go all in you don’t say your happy just making the playoffs

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

???

You don’t want a chip???

???

Get out of here

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

You don’t want a chip???

???

Get out of here
If trading Mikal for KD would almost guarantee us a championship, yeah I'd do it. But if all it does is give us a little bit better chance at a ring, I'd rather keep Mikal. And I think the loss of Mikal will negate a lot of what we gain by adding Durant. KD is an upgrade, no doubt, I just don't believe that it will be enough of one.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Bridges is a high end player. Butler averaged 27/7/5 in the playoffs last year on 50% FG. He’s a hot head but has another year or two left IMO.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
KD is one of my favorite players all time. I would love to see him on the Suns. If we trade away all the good role players to get KD, and we have Booker, CP3, KD and just filler, how do we win a Chip? You gotta have guys around those three.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

That’s where we differ. I would trade a decade for a championship.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If trading Mikal for KD would almost guarantee us a championship, yeah I'd do it. But if all it does is give us a little bit better chance at a ring, I'd rather keep Mikal. And I think the loss of Mikal will negate a lot of what we gain by adding Durant. KD is an upgrade, no doubt, I just don't believe that it will be enough of one.
Yeah this where I think you’re out to lunch.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Plus two picks:
You must be registered for see images attach

I cannot say enough how little I think DeRozan would move the needle for us. Like... I think he'd provide literally nothing that we don't already have.

We need shooters. Boston is the best team in the league and they're the best team because they shoot lights out from 3.

We need shooters, we need more consistent shooting in the worst way and DeRozan is an absolute turd from three, trash from the outside. I wouldn't trade a ham sandwich for him.

Caruso would be more impactful for us than DeRozan.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah this where I think you’re out to lunch.
Really? You think we're that close to a title? I just don't believe in this team. I'm not even sure I'd make us the favorites if we could add KD to this roster without losing Bridges (or anyone else). Too much depends on the health of Chris Paul. At this point, I'd take my losses with him and start trying to build for the next window. This one is boarded shut.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think Mikal is overrated. Having said that? Butler is a very good defender. Adding Butler's offense with his defense? It's a step-up IMO from a consistent scoring perspective. If it wasn't for Bulter being a good defender I would say hell no. However, he is. The Suns need to get deeper. I called this team not being deep enough after the offseason and we are seeing that is true. We have guys that in spot play show up but nothing consistent.

Not sure why Miami would make that trade but I would do it and I love Bridges.

Bottom line? It's becoming painfully obvious I think to everyone this team needs help, maybe not for the regular season grind but definitely for the playoffs. James Jones needs to get er done.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What are you talking about? Yes I am fine with that. No question I am fine with that. Most people would be fine with that. Look no further than the D-backs. They won a title and sucked for years after. Even in retrospect....I WOULD NOT TRADE THAT TITLE FOR ANYTHING. I don't know anybody that would trade that title.

We are talking about not only a title for the Suns but their first title.

Would I prefer we don't such for years after a title? Sure. How is this even debatable?!?!?!?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Really? You think we're that close to a title? I just don't believe in this team. I'm not even sure I'd make us the favorites if we could add KD to this roster without losing Bridges (or anyone else). Too much depends on the health of Chris Paul. At this point, I'd take my losses with him and start trying to build for the next window. This one is boarded shut.
I think you’re underestimating what KD is and trickle down effect his game and presence would mean to everyone else.