Waiting to trade Crowder

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Precious has been out with an injury and his salary is not even close to matching the salary of Crowder. I haven't heard any mention of the Raptors wanting to trade him.

Crowder is the better shooter but I'm not sure why the Raptors would want to give up on him with such a reasonable salary.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Precious has been out with an injury and his salary is not even close to matching the salary of Crowder. I haven't heard any mention of the Raptors wanting to trade him.

Crowder is the better shooter but I'm not sure why the Raptors would want to give up on him with such a reasonable salary.
Toronto could throw in Thadius Young, Suns have a extra roster spot. I saw Precious was hurt and thought the Raptors might consider it. You know I wanted Precious that year in the draft Mainstreet. The Suns gave up on Smith!

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am still interested in re-acquiring Ricky Rubio to add point guard depth. I wonder whether the Cavaliers would consider trading Rubio (once he can be traded) and salary filler for Jae Crowder (who makes 4 or 5 million more).

I didn't start paying attention to the NBA again until 2021, so I didn't even know until at the time that the Suns had Rubio; but his obviously pivotal role in leading the Suns to bubble territory, and newfound confidence, led me to think Rubio must be a winner.
Love Rubio but he's been playing Pro basketball since he was an Embryo. And he's coming off a brutal injury, pretty sure if the Cavs don't want him he will go play in Spain like he planned. And I think we burned that bridge anyway.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am still interested in re-acquiring Ricky Rubio to add point guard depth. I wonder whether the Cavaliers would consider trading Rubio (once he can be traded) and salary filler for Jae Crowder (who makes 4 or 5 million more).

I didn't start paying attention to the NBA again until 2021, so I didn't even know until at the time that the Suns had Rubio; but his obviously pivotal role in leading the Suns to bubble territory, and newfound confidence, led me to think Rubio must be a winner.
Isn't Rubio out for the season?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thing is that he has these skills. But the ball does not flow to him. Embiid is the #1 option the Phillies offense. Ayton is not even in the top three of the Suns offense. Ayton does not demand the ball, the coach does not game plan it, and other player are launching threes with Ayton clearly ready to operate inside. IfAyton is even going to be a 2or 3 option, a whole lot is going to have to change- but it's not his skills.
I’ll have to disagree. He’s not good at pinning his defender. He’ll have it for a bit and the ballhandler will look to him and Ayton will lose the pin and the ballhandler will then go elsewhere. He’s better than he was, but he’s still not good. He also has almost no ability to put the ball on the floor against other centers other than one or two simply dribbles into the middle of the paint for a hook. And he still does not draw fouls. I don’t know how anyone can even begin to argue otherwise.

All that said, there’s no doubt that other than early in a game we don’t go into the post as often as I think we should.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I’ll have to disagree. He’s not good at pinning his defender. He’ll have it for a bit and the ballhandler will look to him and Ayton will lose the pin and the ballhandler will then go elsewhere. He’s better than he was, but he’s still not good. He also has almost no ability to put the ball on the floor against other centers other than one or two simply dribbles into the middle of the paint for a hook. And he still does not draw fouls. I don’t know how anyone can even begin to argue otherwise.

All that said, there’s no doubt that other than early in a game we don’t go into the post as often as I think we should.
100%

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
December 15 coming, and there's speculation they are giving Dario run to up his trade value. I keep reading it looks more like a three team trade to move Crowder rather than a 1 for 1 trade.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
December 15 coming, and there's speculation they are giving Dario run to up his trade value. I keep reading it looks more like a three team trade to move Crowder rather than a 1 for 1 trade.

We are kind of forced into giving Dario run missing Cam, Craig and Crowder

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We are kind of forced into giving Dario run missing Cam, Craig and Crowder
True, but that's what I hear from the local radio guys, who talk to the guys covering the team.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Atlanta wants him more. We would get the scraps in a 3 team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you think we give up to get Kuzma?

Crowder

Plus what player--Landale, Okogie, DWash, Biz, Lee

Plus what picks--1 or 2 first-rounders.

I'm not sure how the Suns view a player that could walk. Kuzma has a $13 million player option next season.

I'd be reluctant to part with Landale, Okogie, Biz and Lee. They are keepers. I don't think a two-way player (Washington) can be traded.

I'd be reluctant to part with a first round pick. Certainly, I wouldn't trade more than a conditional first round pick for him.

Btw, I really like what Okogie brings to the table. He has really grown on me. The same with Lee.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the Suns view a player that could walk. Kuzma has a $13 million player option next season.

I'd be reluctant to part with Landale, Okogie, Biz and Lee. They are keepers. I don't think a two-way player (Washington) can be traded.

I'd be reluctant to part with a first round pick. Certainly, I wouldn't trade more than a conditional first round pick for him.

Btw, I really like what Okogie brings to the table. He has really grown on me. The same with Lee.

Yeah he can be a free agent at the end of the year no way am I giving up draft capital and limiting my options for a player like Kuzma

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he can be a free agent at the end of the year no way am I giving up draft capital and limiting my options for a player like Kuzma
If he is the best player we can get, I would give up this years first, but I would hope we can do better. A low first round pick is not really worth very much, especially when Jones does not even scout very well.

Crowder and Dario should be the players if we are giving up a first. We would have to get somebody else back I suppose, but I would not give up a second useful player if a 1st is part of the deal, and to me Dario has no value.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

James Jones might be working on one of those trades out of left field we never see coming.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he is the best player we can get, I would give up this years first, but I would hope we can do better. A low first round pick is not really worth very much, especially when Jones does not even scout very well.

Crowder and Dario should be the players if we are giving up a first. We would have to get somebody else back I suppose, but I would not give up a second useful player if a 1st is part of the deal, and to me Dario has no value.

Replacing Crowder, Saric and filling the open roster spot are three areas where the Suns have a real opportunity to improve.